Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose there's not much experience of servicing quality on the 4C given there haven't been many years since it was launched, but as my first year's service will be upon me soon enough, I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for garages in the South East of the UK. Main dealer or independent?

With independent, I would want to be sure any software updates can still be implemented and if there was a warranty issue, the main dealer would have to handle the issue without argument (as would be non-main dealer serviced). Any recommendations main dealer or independent? Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I suppose there's not much experience of servicing quality on the 4C given there haven't been many years since it was launched, but as my first year's service will be upon me soon enough, I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for garages in the South East of the UK. Main dealer or independent?

With independent, I would want to be sure any software updates can still be implemented and if there was a warranty issue, the main dealer would have to handle the issue without argument (as would be non-main dealer serviced). Any recommendations main dealer or independent? Thanks.
I used a main dealer for my first service (Palmers in Hemel). For my second service I used Alfa Workshop in Royston. The rationale behind using the Alfa Workshop is purely because there's probably no main dealer in the Country that has a technician with the expertise that Jamie and his staff have with the 4C. His charges are also much more reasonable. The only difference you will spot is that a main dealer will clean the car after service, Alfa workshop don't - just like the old days! That doesn't bother me, as its the quality of service that's important not a £5 car which actually costs a few hundred pounds if you factor in the extra cost of a main dealer service!

If you haven't had your steering sorted yet I'd also recommend you get that done at the same time as the service, should you chose the Alfa workshop. The exhaust is also a brilliant improvement - although adding that little lot would make it a quite expensive service visit.

My understanding is that the warranty is maintained as long as you use a VAT registered garage and they use original parts and recommended oils.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'll use my local dealer in Norwich whilst the car is < 3 years.

I have met the 4C tech there - a guy called Jamie - and I'm impressed.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I've just booked for my service at Alfaworks!! Been emailing them, and by looks of it my car missed one of it's services, so he has recommended the 3rd bigger service. He said at my low miles don't worry too much, I bought my car a year ago on 2k miles 3 years old, so first owner only did 700 miles a year, I'm up to 6.5k miles after a year. Really pleased I'm seeing Alfaworks, it sounds a good set up and they get loads of 4Cs in so know them inside out.

I asked them to check my erratic upshifting in d mode, he says he will make sure it's normal or not, he then said a 280 remap makes the gearbox much better, wow, sounds interesting. Anyone have a 280 bhp car here?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've just booked for my service at Alfaworks!! Been emailing them, and by looks of it my car missed one of it's services, so he has recommended the 3rd bigger service. He said at my low miles don't worry too much, I bought my car a year ago on 2k miles 3 years old, so first owner only did 700 miles a year, I'm up to 6.5k miles after a year. Really pleased I'm seeing Alfaworks, it sounds a good set up and they get loads of 4Cs in so know them inside out.

I asked them to check my erratic upshifting in d mode, he says he will make sure it's normal or not, he then said a 280 remap makes the gearbox much better, wow, sounds interesting. Anyone have a 280 bhp car here?
Hello goldmax,
Due to the nature of our team we are unable to assist customers outside of the United States. However, you can reach out to UK customer care if you ever need additional assistance throughout this process.
00 800 2532 0000 .
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

1 - 6 of 6 Posts