Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Black on White + 1981 Delorean DMC12 "6MT" Tesla P90 Swap!
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Fine - You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
-(Harvey Dent played by Aaron Ekhart in The Dark Knight, 2008, in case you're wondering)

Day four of my personal shut in, staring out at the lake behind my house, wondering how to create a more excellent 4c, makes me realize that I may have an illness - The one where my Agnostic Rational Hedonism spends its time pursuing the Excellence and maximized Enjoyment of my time driving it daily, which as a not-much-longer Central Floridian, means seat time equals sleep time - everything is a 10'+ drive away of hot and humid dangerous roads. So, I've fired up my 3D printer (Lulzbot Taz 6 with a set of different heads for different purposes) and sketchup/3DS Max to spend hours designing and modeling up bespoke, skeletal/lightweight stuff. The tinkering got me thinking, we all know what the bought stuff looks like, but what of the special stuff. Should I be working or get yet another girlfriend (I'm young and healthy, so relatively I've got time) or taking a walk/bike? LOL

Show us what you got! I'm just hoping this thread becomes a condensed list of what's "built not bought", or general, non-mechanical/drivetrain creativity on the forum, be it finding a prettier or logoed screw for the carpets and printed license plate frames, to full on forged carbon clamshells and butterfly doors.

I'll be posting finished stuff here too, to get the thread inspired, including:
1. 3D Printed (copper-PLV, titanium-PLV, and aluminum-PLV) A/C Knobs, Dash Switches, and inner door handles.
2. Side Blinker LED's as light up Quadrifoglios (maybe some EL light tape? shape-cut OLED?).
3. Interior dome light as logo projector "light" (better for lighting interior and not attracting bugs) and garage door opener.
4. Something more effective than our bolt-in visors.
5. 3D printed or die-pressed grille frames to cut out the US-spec bumperettes on both sides of the license plate (behind is the black painted rear subframe crossmember, that has two shapes welded on, but would be cool to have that RWB-style exhaust exit) to help with engine cooling/drag pressures - also four hexagonal lexan frames for the engine "hood" of the spider like the Sesto Elemento's (Lamborghini concept car that became a special edition) for a sport of engine window that the coupe owners enjoy but us spider owners can love!
6. Maybe rear view mirror replacements that offer something not bulky/chunky from the econocar?
7. Maybe Custom Iconel "snake-pit" full exhaust? Gold foiling the engine bay like the Mclaren F1's? Hydrodipping some of the uglier FCA low shelf parts in Alfa's "hearts and clovers" F1 wrap from last year?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Here is my contribution, hope you are sitting down...custom sticker for the coolant cap! Didn't like being able to see that yellow sticker through the vent lol.

If you end up printing some snazzy hvac knobs a lot of us would probably buy a set - I know I would!

sticker.JPG
sticker2.JPG

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Black on White + 1981 Delorean DMC12 "6MT" Tesla P90 Swap!
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is my contribution, hope you are sitting down...custom sticker for the coolant cap! Didn't like being able to see that yellow sticker through the vent lol.

If you end up printing some snazzy hvac knobs a lot of us would probably buy a set - I know I would!

View attachment 105511 View attachment 105512
Thanks!
Honestly, hydrodipping or foiling the engine bay's "FCA's" ([email protected]#$ Cheap Assparts for the uninitiated maybe lol) is high priority given how easy and creative one can get
You've done a beautiful job there, I might copy the cap!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mopar Online Parts,
111 Bond St.
Westbury, New York, 11590
USA
877-229-0427
[email protected]

Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
68337624AAGenuine Alfa Romeo Bottle Coolant Recovery $49.62 1 $49.62

Subtotal:$49.62
Shipping (FedEx Ground ):$14.51
Total:$64.13

·
Registered
18 Posts
20200320_130313.jpg
Its the same white coolant recovery tank but with an added black snap on cover.
Two longer mounting bolts are required to compensate for the added width of the cover. I used my existing tank. Didn't loose a drop of coolant.
It does look a lot better, especially on the spyder because the entire tank is visible where the coupe fender covers half of it.
Schwab
Vintage Auto

·
Registered
18 Posts
20200302_122107.jpg 20200302_122714.jpg
Installed Braille AGM 17 pound battery and mount. Stock battery weighs 35#, plus battery box, hardware, and strap. Stock Alfa battery tender works perfect.
The Braille aluminum mount did not fit the battery I purchased, so I modified it. A LOT.

·
Registered
18 Posts
20200325_103251.jpg 20200325_103506.jpg 20200325_103642.jpg
The above is part of an ever growing list of junk parts needlessly attached to our cars at the factory.
The large black bracket is visible below the ECU attached to the block. It is large, heavy, and does nothing.
The smaller steel bracket is the front left engine cover mount.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Start of a Time Attack build. Not going too crazy this year but we will see what happens.

View attachment 105564
I'll be watching! So far, with mere playing with tines at a track in Florida called Palm Beach International Raceway, Michelin tires really turn the car into an easily manageable animal, having now ordered wider wheels for more grip and slowly finding a sweet spot for safe, wet daily driving versus quicker laptimes, higher G's. At the power level, the car begs to be a manual and about 500lbs lighter but that's just me... As the power climbs, I'm expecting to be quite happy with the lightning DCT and likely wishing for power steering!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 98 Posts