Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,072 Posts
View attachment 105584
Its the same white coolant recovery tank but with an added black snap on cover.
Two longer mounting bolts are required to compensate for the added width of the cover. I used my existing tank. Didn't loose a drop of coolant.
It does look a lot better, especially on the spyder because the entire tank is visible where the coupe fender covers half of it.
Schwab
Vintage Auto
But that extra plastic and longer screws add weight ;-)

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,072 Posts

This was a mod of my DocRon coolant cap. I didn't make the actual cap (but I do have a metal lathe and milling machine). I put the CNCed cap on my lathe and turned a recess that matched a wheel insert I found on Amazon. Sorry I can't make more of these actual caps for others...without CNC ability I can't make them at a cost you would be willing to pay ;) ....and DocRon isn't planning another run as far as I know. And yes...that is a carbon fiber engine cover available from a couple of our vendors.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
View attachment 105607
This was a mod of my DocRon coolant cap. I didn't make the actual cap (but I do have a metal lathe and milling machine). I put the CNCed cap on my lathe and turned a recess that matched a wheel insert I found on Amazon. Sorry I can't make more of these actual caps for others...without CNC ability I can't make them at a cost you would be willing to pay ;) ....and DocRon isn't planning another run as far as I know. And yes...that is a carbon fiber engine cover available from a couple of our vendors.
That cap on a black reservoir would be perfecto.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll be watching! So far, with mere playing with tines at a track in Florida called Palm Beach International Raceway, Michelin tires really turn the car into an easily manageable animal, having now ordered wider wheels for more grip and slowly finding a sweet spot for safe, wet daily driving versus quicker laptimes, higher G's. At the power level, the car begs to be a manual and about 500lbs lighter but that's just me... As the power climbs, I'm expecting to be quite happy with the lightning DCT and likely wishing for power steering!

So far I have done the splitter, hybrid turbo, center exit exhaust and 340hp tune. 225mm front 245mm back Trofeo R tyres. Carbon seats, harness bar with harness. Lightweight Odyssey 680 battery. Coil overs, stainless brake lines and upgraded pads.
To do is defuser, side skirts. Intercooler and intake pipes and filter. Probably a 360hp dyno tune. Also lighter and wider wheels for better rubber fit.
Later I want to do the carbon hatch and possibly a wing.
Other than that I will leave it stock??

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Black on White + 1981 Delorean DMC12 "6MT" Tesla P90 Swap!
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So far I have done the splitter, hybrid turbo, center exit exhaust and 340hp tune. 225mm front 245mm back Trofeo R tyres. Carbon seats, harness bar with harness. Lightweight Odyssey 680 battery. Coil overs, stainless brake lines and upgraded pads.
To do is defuser, side skirts. Intercooler and intake pipes and filter. Probably a 360hp dyno tune. Also lighter and wider wheels for better rubber fit.
Later I want to do the carbon hatch and possibly a wing.
Other than that I will leave it stock??
As this thread is for non-mechanical stuffs, where can I find info on the hybrid turbo you've done? I absolutely need to deal with the threshold/lag these things (to my feel) are cursed with.
Do you have any reference images on the side skirts youve got your eye on? My leading contender is the Alfaworks, but since I'm waiting on answers/virus/etc for the "JDM Genoa" front bumper, they won't match... May have to go custom there as well.
Sometimes i fear I'll end up with a full-custom carbon body, so I'm trying my best to be careful not to deviate from the original (imo, perfect) Stradale 33 design language and end up with a Pagani/Ferrari/Lamborghini because I'm trying to match someone's front bumper.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I went with the Alfaworks hybrid turbo but I am having trouble with the tune and the gearbox especially.
I will be doing a custom tune once I have finished the engine mods.
I am doing all the extra aero pieces custom as we don’t really have any decent options.
The splitter is wood, the diffuser is carbon and the skirts are aluminum.
I am hoping to buy a carbon rear hatch but if not I will leave it stock.

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Black on White + 1981 Delorean DMC12 "6MT" Tesla P90 Swap!
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Wondering if these can replace our AC knobs... Anyone with knob-know-how?

·
Registered
882 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
How’s the camera connected? Is it wireless? It’s very clear 👍🏻
nope not wireless, those type cameras are garbage to be honest,
hard wired through, bit of a job but well worth it

Reactions: Rbware

·
Registered
6 Posts
nope not wireless, those type cameras are garbage to be honest,
hard wired through, bit of a job but well worth it
Great. Could you please share how did you manage to have the cables connect from the back to the front? Where there any drilling needed?

·
Registered
584 Posts
find all the grommets in the tub behind the seats and enter via those

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,072 Posts
Great. Could you please share how did you manage to have the cables connect from the back to the front? Where there any drilling needed?
As others mentioned you can find places to feed them through but NEVER drill into the carbon fiber tub.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts