Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Great. Could you please share how did you manage to have the cables connect from the back to the front? Where there any drilling needed?
You can also run the wires in the tunnel from the engine bay all the way to the front and enter through the big grommet that is for the primary power wire for the passenger foot well fuse panel. The routing is easy and clean, but you have to take all the panels off the bottom of the car and the shroud around the radiator fans to have good access.

·
Registered
Alfa Rosso 2016 4C Spider + 1984 Ferrari 308QV Targa + 1981 Delorean DMC12 Grey Interior
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

Audio is DONE!
Boss Audio (~$100) MC900B 500 watt bluetooth amplifier VHB under the passenger airbag, with optional remote controller for pairing, volume, and song control (black and white, clean) to be mounted on left 67 Designs Carbon arm (can swing this away whenever) and my phone on the right mount. HVAC is being buttoned up with a WW2 style clean and minimal text translated in LATIN and Roman Numerals (can't wait for the laser etched matte carbon face from Revzilla!) And either copper or black anodized, knurled knobs.

@designbybeau now I'm thinking your Aluminum switch panel covers are something I'd need to match...

·
Registered
Alfa Rosso 2016 4C Spider + 1984 Ferrari 308QV Targa + 1981 Delorean DMC12 Grey Interior
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Miata HVAC, interesting.
Oh just the guts and DIN form factor (its also just as light as the 4c's OEM)... I have quite the design! I felt the "33 stradaleish" retro ethos of the 4c needed MORE push in the direction, so a classic style hvac face (think WW2 warbird) will replace the embarrassing 1990 alpine plastic. I'm going for timeless, but don't have the budget to make everything DeTomaso P72 haha, so the miata base is doing awesome. Total joy to work it in too! Also aftermarket is awash with fun options, while if it weren't for Koshi or Docron, Design by Beau, you're SOL if anything breaks on the OEM in 5 years, and they will quit making things for the 4c eventually. Since I am keeping the 4c for life in one form or another, something like a miata/etc replacement means freedom from worry, stockpiles, and encourages my minimalism. Plus it was $30 ebay, 4 day shipping, clean and perfect. Matched the 4c's Denso aircon push-pull cords like a miracle, and I swapped the rheostat with some dremel and superglue. The OEM 4c vertical controls dont fit the DIN space, and the form factor of three knobs was my first design iteration, with a CNC'd carbon fiber DIN delete ($20) with three gauge holes as the face, but eventually a mass production item will always win. The gun-bolt sound of the miata knobs (there's a specific alloy metal screwed to the top of the arms, that pop into greased (vaseline, seriously!) Valleys and "pang" the metal... It's a beautiful unit, so simple, yet so classic. Alfa's oem? Plastic clanks and knobs, zero options except glue a carbon mask on it and cut up the knobs and 3D print/glue something better. Lipstick on a pig if you ask me.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've had a bunch of Miatas so I recognized it immediately, nice choice and cool project. Sounds like you've got your custom HVAC faceplate in process but I can recommend Adam at revlimiter.net if that doesn't work out or you want other options. He's a great guy that makes nice stuff, he has done some custom work for me in the past.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I've had a bunch of Miatas so I recognized it immediately, nice choice and cool project. Sounds like you've got your custom HVAC faceplate in process but I can recommend Adam at revlimiter.net if that doesn't work out or you want other options. He's a great guy that makes nice stuff, he has done some custom work for me in the past.

Ha! That's exactly who I'm having the custom plate done by... I'll let him know he's appreciated!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Guess I should have realized that when you called him Revzilla. Wait til you see how your plate is packaged, Adam goes the extra mile like no other vendor I've come across in many years of modding cars.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Guess I should have realized that when you called him Revzilla. Wait til you see how your plate is packaged, Adam goes the extra mile like no other vendor I've come across in many years of modding cars.
Think he can make stuff for the Alfa's? Someone with the $8M stimulus "mistakes", buy Adam a few 4c's and a GTA! I feel premium stuff needs to happen to the 4c community. My koshi stuff came in solar flare proof mount of oily bubble wrap and a nondescript cardboard box. Maybe I'll make a joke unboxing video...

41 - 50 of 50 Posts