Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Neither of these are earth shattering but they are handy in a very utilitarian sense. And fear not, I'm working on some more impressive mods in the background. More to come on those soon...

The first was a small find on Aliexpress. It took forever to be delivered (COVID-19 only made matters worse) but it fits so well you'd think it was factory installed. It comes in handy to hold small items (front license plate because I refuse to mount it, emergency sun screen, etc.) and keep a constrained storage area neat and tidy. It also makes a nice place to store item #2.

I snagged this from the owner's manual, added a few "extras", printed it, and then laminated it. The idea is to keep it in the car and have it on hand to give to a tech if I'm ever having the car serviced at a non Alfa shop. I recently had some curb rash from the previous owner repaired and it came in handy. Eagle eyed viewers will note I've marked three additional spots beyond the four the manual indicates. The additional two on the sides are points another forum member pointed out (and demonstrated safely). The one in the rear is based on the 4CLiftKit from InoKinetic I recently installed. Borrowing a tip from another member I'll be painting each spot in bright yellow (to match the diagram) to make this absolutely unmistakable.

·
Registered
4c Spider, 2016, red
110 Posts
John, is that an open track day session, or do you have special access? I'm keen get some higher speed driving under my belt so it would be nice to have some options :)
Nick

·
Registered
128 Posts
John, is that an open track day session, or do you have special access? I'm keen get some higher speed driving under my belt so it would be nice to have some options :)
Nick
It was open pit lane track day. So you can spend as much time on the track as you want.
The day was wet/dry so a little tricky. So the tune was great, more power and smoother shifts. We unfortunately had an issue we couldn’t solve.
After 5-10 laps power would drop off and a misfire would present itself. Ignition off and wait 10 mins and it was good to go again.
The aero was great and cornering speed definitely seemed higher than others including a stock 4C (aero wise)
91A38BD0-A4BD-43E0-9BEE-6C1A016C871C.jpeg

·
Registered
112 Posts
It was open pit lane track day. So you can spend as much time on the track as you want.
The day was wet/dry so a little tricky. So the tune was great, more power and smoother shifts. We unfortunately had an issue we couldn’t solve.
After 5-10 laps power would drop off and a misfire would present itself. Ignition off and wait 10 mins and it was good to go again.
The aero was great and cornering speed definitely seemed higher than others including a stock 4C (aero wise) View attachment 108150
Amazing build John. Cool to see someone going to town on the 4C in the UK.
What’s the supporting engine work? Looks like basically everything? Intake exhaust, hybrid turbo & intercooler?

I do wonder what a 4C + £10k of mods would compete with on track, Cayman GT4? Not quite?

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Black on White + 1981 Delorean DMC12 "6MT" Tesla P90 Swap!
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
What’s the supporting engine work? Looks like basically everything? Intake exhaust, hybrid turbo & intercooler?

I do wonder what a 4C + £10k of mods would compete with on track, Cayman GT4? Not quite?
I can answer on GT4: "4c+ (appropriate)£10k mods" is easily faster on most tracks that aren't too "straight", where this modded 4c can, if tuned to compare, can mix it up with the stock GT4 (ceteris paribus) anyways.
The big discretion between a properly sorted 4c and a stock GT4 lies massive with the driver experience. At the speeds and inherent challenges both cars will be dealing with, slight dis/advantages make for immense differentials. They could almost compete professionally together, but the 4c would need the building "up", and not the other way around, unless you're talking about a novice (very) downhill race or something like that (where the stock 4c will easily be the consistent leader given the same driver pilots both).

The carbon chassis is where the (not at all) secret sauce lives for a 4c, where the GT4 is nearly all (magical imo) drivetrain.

·
Registered
128 Posts

Yes to the above mods along with the aero and Nitron suspension and lighter and wider wheels and tyres. 2 GT4’s at Silverstone today. One new and one previous Gen. Neither stood a chance.
I also own a GT4 and can confirm the Alfa setup correctly would handle it.
A white 4C was also at the track and seemed to be going well. We had a short chat, he was running a stage 1 Alfaworks map.
I would say with my setup the competition would be a 991.1 GT3. Probably similar power to weight and I would have the edge under brakes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will put together a list once I am confident in the results. I am at the track tomorrow so I will know if it performs as intended and reliably.
@John Kane curious how things turned out and what your thoughts are? My new baby is stock -- at least from a performance point of view -- so I'm looking for a path forward. :)

81 - 99 of 99 Posts