Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found anything that will convert that small hole in front of the rear cupholder into a padded spot to place your elbow? Seems like an obvious thing to do, but I haven’t seen anyone try anything yet.

·
Super Moderator
14,907 Posts
Man I have long arms but I can’t think of the driving position I’d need to adopt in order to rest an elbow on that!

I suggest that you find more exciting roads to drive - ones that force you to keep your hands on the wheel any no part of your body or mind “resting”. >:)

PS. 4C trivia: This “small cup holder” is the receptacle for an ashtray in an optional smokers kit.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I say you design some kind of flip up armrest that fits into is and expands to cinch it it like those phone holders do...... then sell it :nerd:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man I have long arms but I can’t think of the driving position I’d need to adopt in order to rest an elbow on that!

I suggest that you find more exciting roads to drive - ones that force you to keep your hands on the wheel any no part of your body or mind “resting”. /images/4C-Forums_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png

PS. 4C trivia: This “small cup holder” is the receptacle for an ashtray in an optional smokers kit.
People are of different sizes. And getting to those roads mean driving on boring ones first and then again on the way back.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think you could fashion a padded insert that is held in via the ashtray holder and comes level with the base of the rear cup holder. That IMHO would be perfect.
Lars?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Has anyone found anything that will convert that small hole in front of the rear cupholder into a padded spot to place your elbow? Seems like an obvious thing to do, but I haven’t seen anyone try anything yet.
I can build this into a custom console

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Boom
and just like that, another award winning product is born.
The cup holder is useless , i may make something for our cars that will look nice and can be removed, something for long drives or a rally .
I can definitely incorporate a nice firm pad into the design of a custom console , losing the useless redbull hole ,and keeping a nice design for a permanent non removeable piece

Let me know whos interested if i get enough feedback on either ill start the process

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Boom
and just like that, another award winning product is born.
The cup holder is useless , i may make something for our cars that will look nice and can be removed, something for long drives or a rally .
I can definitely incorporate a nice firm pad into the design of a custom console , losing the useless redbull hole ,and keeping a nice design for a permanent non removeable piece

Let me know whos interested if i get enough feedback on either ill start the process

Please let me know about this. That would be a great product to be able to drop in or take out. I’d be happy to discuss with you some ideas.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts