Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's I am getting a feel of getting back out there and seeing when most of us would like to go to a next section.
Available dates

May 18.......6 spots left
May 25.....24 spots left
June 8........25 spots
I'm thinking the June spot.
What are your thoughts?
Ciao for now.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi Guy's I am getting a feel of getting back out there and seeing when most of us would like to go to a next section.
Available dates

May 25.....24 spots left
June 8........25 spots
What are your thoughts?
Ciao for now.
Are these the afternoon/night runs
? $$??

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
Available dates

May 25.....24 spots left
June 8........25 spots
What are your thoughts?
Ciao for now.
June sounds good. Are these ARDC event dates? I’m a bit reluctant spending $600 to do 30 laps of Eastern Creek.

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
Yes mate $270.00
(y) As you know I’m a cheap bastard, so that’s great news, Dario. I’ll book in after I change phones in the next couple of days...I’m sick of my useless Samsung not being able to register the QR code nor has my ARDC membership been able to be exploited because of it...Hopefully my son’s old iPhone (that I bought him years ago) will make a difference....I’ll go for the intermediate group.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
(y) As you know I’m a cheap bastard, so that’s great news, Dario. I’ll book in after I change phones in the next couple of days...I’m sick of my useless Samsung not being able to register the QR code nor has my ARDC membership been able to be exploited because of it...Hopefully my son’s old iPhone (that I bought him years ago) will make a difference....I’ll go for the intermediate group.
That's great Jim, just to let you know you won't get any discounts on night sessions with the ARDC membership.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello fellow 4Cers, just bumping this thread thats gone so quite! Ok so Jim and I have booked in for the 8 June any others interested, I noticed there's 15 places left and they will be snapped up shortly. Sure would be nice catching up and see a few of your there.COME ON let's do it. Oh I nearly forgot we're not racing each other, every one at there own pace,the track at night is a blast so just do it. I'm expecting a yes from you Joe.Drive way all done now😁

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
Hello fellow 4Cers, just bumping this thread thats gone so quite! Ok so Jim and I have booked in for the 8 June any others interested, I noticed there's 15 places left and they will be snapped up shortly. Sure would be nice catching up and see a few of your there.COME ON let's do it. Oh I nearly forgot we're not racing each other, every one at there own pace,the track at night is a blast so just do it. I'm expecting a yes from you Joe.Drive way all done now😁
Agreed, we’re not racing each other. It’s just a great way to enjoy the performance of your 4C without the worry of red and blue flashing lights in the rear view. As a practise of precision there’s nothing better. Finding and hitting my turn-in, apex and exit points is something I enjoy and it doesn’t matter how fast you’re going. Just start slowly and gradually gain speed and confidence during the sessions. I’ve been to motorcycle ride days where the very first session is called off because some goose (usually a young, over-enthusiastic first timer) has gone too hard too early and fallen off at the second corner of the first lap and ruined their entire day. Just don’t be that bloke. Take it easy. You only need to go as hard as you feel comfortable with. It’s about gaining confidence and self-improvement. No prizes for being first across the finish line.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Anyone have a link? Is there a beginners group? What are the requirements re. scrutineering etc?

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
Anyone have a link? Is there a beginners group? What are the requirements re. scrutineering etc?
Not home at the moment and only have my new fancy iPhone5S on me, not my trusty iPad. Yes there’s a beginners group. Go to the SMSP website

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
It's all on here:
SMSP Events Calendar– Sydney Motorsport Park Events and Online Shop

Look up SMSP Track Night 8 June on the Calendar.

Yes there's a beginners group, rules are basic and run along these lines:

• Prices are per driver. One driver per vehicle at the moment.
  • All drivers must have a minimum of a P1 (Red P-Plate) Licence. Please bring your licence with you as you will need to present this at registration.
  • Long sleeve shirts and pants (covering ankle to wrist) and closed toe, flat shoes must be worn
  • Helmets are compulsory
  • Passengers are not permitted
  • Please ensure vehicles are roadworthy, have the correct oil and water levels and a full tank of fuel
  • Please ensure tyre pressures are set to recommended manufacturer levels.
  • Remove any loose articles from your vehicle
  • Track Nights will go ahead whatever the weather
Cheers,

Alf.

Reactions: Alfanut

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes its tempting!! I'll think about it 😊.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts