Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all

In case you read my title and are wondering what the heck I'm talking about, just Google Kamkad Alfa Romeo Dallas and/or refer to a handful of threads here in this section re: Alfa 4Cs at Alfa Romeo of Dallas and Alfa Romeo of McKinney.

For the rest of you that know - it looks like Essence Alfa managed to grab just about every single one of those highly specced 4Cs from the auction in November after the repossession. Has anyone been to Essence to go look at them yet? I would be very interested to hear from anyone that has seen any of these cars, or stock number P4459 / P4380 specifically (Essence #s). Have the dashes been fixed for those that had dash lift? How is the paint? Condition of carbon roofs? Etc. Is there anyone in that area that might be bored one weekend here soon that would be interested in going?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I know a lot of those cars had/have sun damage as they lived outside at both dealerships, I drove by that store every day on the way to work and they had no protections from the elements. one of the members here looked at them when the store was closed and noted sound dangerous to carbon halos and paint issues. I‘d do a close inspection of any car that came from those two store.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m buying the 2017 that is at Essence. Just waiting on some warranty work to be completed.
So how are they handling it? You buy the car first and then they handle the work? They do everything first?

How did the car look when you saw it? Which issues did yours have?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Essence did not get all of the 4Cs from McKinney and Dallas and all of those cars were not at those dealerships for two years.

Essence has replaced the damaged dashes. There are two damaged carbon fiber roofs and Essence is still trying to get those repaired under warranty - expensive. There are also some quarter panel paint problems and one has a problem with the paint deteriorating on a front bumper.

Essence is working on getting them in top shape.

Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Essence did not get all of the 4Cs from McKinney and Dallas and all of those cars were not at those dealerships for two years.

Essence has replaced the damaged dashes. There are two damaged carbon fiber roofs and Essence is still trying to get those repaired under warranty - expensive. There are also some quarter panel paint problems and one has a problem with the paint deteriorating on a front bumper.

Essence is working on getting them in top shape.

Jeff
Thanks for the input, good to know they're doing what they can to bring them back into good order.

That said, I disagree with your comment about those cars not having sat at those dealerships - a simple history check of 7 remaining at Essence (all but their own yellow Spider) show that all 7 came from those respective dealers and each collectively spent between 12 and 15 months between Dallas and McKinney. 2 years is a stretch, the build sheets aren't even that old - not sure who said/thinks that.

·
Registered
255 Posts

That said, I disagree with your comment about those cars not having sat at those dealerships - a simple history check of 7 remaining at Essence (all but their own yellow Spider) show that all 7 came from those respective dealers and each collectively spent between 12 and 15 months between Dallas and McKinney. 2 years is a stretch, the build sheets aren't even that old - not sure who said/thinks that.
Don't try to twist my words.

I said all of the 4Cs did not sit at those dealerships for 2 years. You say you disagree in the first line but agree with me in the last sentence. I looked at the cars at McKinney after the dealership closed. I was at Mckinney in June 2017 and they did not have hardly any 4Cs. McKinney started stock piling 4Cs at one point - not sure where they were getting them.

Jeff

·
Registered
34 Posts
So how are they handling it? You buy the car first and then they handle the work? They do everything first?

How did the car look when you saw it? Which issues did yours have?
The car looks great. There is a very small amount of delam on the dash. And the front bumper has an odd dimple that is unacceptable to me.

They have already fixed the dash. And they just agreed to replace the bumper under warranty.

I will take possession of the car once the bumper is replaced.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yup, I may have that same dimple up front drivers side. It must be something protruding from the inside that pushes the bumper. It’s hardly noticeable but it’s there.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Try to find out what was causing it. I’m surprised we haven’t heard more people in the forum having issue. It’s hardly noticeable and impossible to see it on a picture. At least, that’s my case.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats, that's a great looking car at a very good price. Essence is just 13 miles from my home but when I purchased my 4C in September all they had were 2 spiders and I wanted a coupe also.

I found a new '18 mad white in Houston very similar to the two Essence has listed at $57,895 (Sticker: $80,395). Sticker on mine was $50.00 less but I paid about $8K more ($66,062 & $70,778 OTD). : (

Good call on getting all your warranty work done before purchase!

My came with the $1,500 PPF package and when I went to have some more added to the "bonnet" and CF roof the installer noted now badly the factory film had already yellowed. I've spent the last two months dealing with the frustratingly-named "Alfa Care" and have gotten nowhere. At one point they had me take vehicle to Essence for them to photograph.

In addition, one one of the Italian tri-colour things on one of my carbon mirrors was gouged. Those were a $300 option but I was told by Alfa Care that since they retail for $1,500 (each!) I'd have to take that up with dealer (+250 miles away).

Finally, first time I removed driver's side floor mat I noticed a bunch of sand underneath that had severely scratched the carbon fiber's clear coat. Again, was told by Alfa Care to take it up with dealer.

Sadly, once you pay your money you seem to lose all leverage so I congratulate you on double and triple checking everything before handing over yours.

I don't regret my purchase because there's noting new available in North America that's even remotely comparable to the 4C.

However, that's not the case with other vehicles and while I was considering a Stelvio (or possibly the Tonale when released) for my next SUV, instead I'll probably go straight to Autobahn Porsche (1 mile away) and purchase a Macan without even testing the Alfas.

Good luck and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yup, I may have that same dimple up front drivers side. It must be something protruding from the inside that pushes the bumper. It’s hardly noticeable but it’s there.
I think there’s a mounting bracket behind the dimple. I speculate that heat has somehow softened the material of the bumper so that it sagged a little around the bracket.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Talked to the techs at Essence today. Confirmed that there is a two-point mounting bracket located behind the dimple.

Of interest is that all of their used coupes had a dimple at the lower prong of the bracket on both sides of the bumper. The 2017 I’m buying had an extra dimple on the upper prong on one side.

Essence wasn’t aware of the problem until I called it out. Since the dimples were symmetric on all vehicles it flew under their radar.

They are fixing them all under warranty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So...still have waiting on my coupe. Dealer has the replacement bumper and is now painting it to match the vehicle.

Apparently they arrive in primer from the factory.

I’m sure you all understand how I feel having to wait. This car speaks to me like no other since my first Alfa in ‘86.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts