Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is there anything wrong with the cars at Essence?
there is one I am kind of interested in. One of the pics of the drivers side rear wheel well looks like the clear shield was knackered. Not sure if it damaged the composit.
Why do they have so many "used" cars with like 100 miles on them?

·
Registered
582 Posts
They bought the cars from a dealership that had a huge inventory of new 4Cs and went out of business. Probably bad management. Most of these cars sat for a while.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I guess any car from 2018 unsold has sat for awhile. I realize they have sat in the texas sun and all....
What can ya do?
Not sure why they have several used cars with so low miles.
Do you think they would tell the truth about the condition of the cars, like if the carbon fiber halo has any sun fade or anything like that?

·
Registered
255 Posts
They have been in TX for a while, but they were not all at the McKinney and Dallas dealerships for two years. That owner accumulated a number of 4Cs at one point. Not sure where they were getting them. After the dealer ripped off about 70 people at his three dealerships (not paying off trade ins and so forth) the cars went to a wholesale auction house SE of Dallas for quite a while.

Essence probably acquired 6 or 7 of these 4Cs. They are considered used cars even though they are essentially new cars. I think all of the warranties started running the end of September.

Essence has been fixing up the cars as needed and I think there were two carbon fiber tops that had damage. As of a month ago they were negotiating with AR to fix the roofs, but they are expensive.

Call Paul, head of sales, and he will tell you what is going on with any cars you are interested in.

Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
They don't sell to California, since it is considered a new car (with less than 18K miles) and Carvana is not registered to sell new cars in CA.

Aren't you from CA as well?

If I only knew somebody in Oregon (with no sales tax) who would buy it and then sell to me ;-) But then he/she may like it too much :).

Also, I still wonder why the buyer returned it back to Carvana. Did they just joy-ride it or is there something else wrong with it?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am in Georgia. I got the email alert that the car was back for sale this morning, and when I checked it, it showed that someone else (again) had it in process. Now it shows available. Seems like I would not likely have been able to buy the car anyways. The things that attracted me to it are the color (rosso competizione), CF halo, AK exhaust, long warranty (45 months remaining) and low miles (240). the negatives are that it sat in Texas for along time, so could have impending dash shrinkage and CF ghosting. I also prefer the phone dial wheels and black seats of the car I ended up buying.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It was early morning for me, 5:45am!

Yes, I agree that your wheels are nicer than the white spokes on the Carvana ones and I would also prefer black seats with red but I am trynig not to be too particular about colors. When will you get your car?

·
Registered
79 Posts
My car is scheduled to arrive from California around Tuesday next week (picking it up today from CNC Motors). It’s just as well that I didn’t get the notice from Carvana, I’m really stretching my budget to get the 2016 car for $47k. I’m guessing there might be some sun damage. The car was listed previously with 221 miles, so whoever bought it put 19 miles on it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yup, that yellow one in Brickell is probably the last coupe in yellow you can buy with those low miles. It’s spect out perfectly.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yup, that yellow one in Brickell is probably the last coupe in yellow you can buy with those low miles. It’s spect out perfectly.
I agree... It's fully loaded and probably the rarest spec you'll ever find in a coupe. Yellow and black carbon go great together as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The yellow one was stated earlier has some deep scratches. WOW. What is that worth? What about the ones at Essence, what are they selling for. Thanks all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The yellow one was stated earlier has some deep scratches. WOW. What is that worth? What about the ones at Essence, what are they selling for. Thanks all.
Well if most of the car has to be repainted because of those scratches that doesn't bode well for it's (now diminished) value (not to mention the cost of a good quality repaint!) It's a shame, as these are brand new cars! Unless they find a buyer who is uneducated or doesn't care (or both) that car needs to be discounted VERY heavily to compensate....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was in the area, passed by and took some quick pics....this type of stuff is on various areas around the car...horrible, safe to assume the entire car will have to be painted:
Screenshot_20200116-161734_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200116-161725_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200116-161710_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200116-161718_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
If that is the car at Brickell, having seen the dealer's photos and description of the car previously and considering the listed price, it is hard to believe they are of the same vehicle.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Was in the area, passed by and took some quick pics....this type of stuff is on various areas around the car...horrible, safe to assume the entire car will have to be painted:
View attachment 104353 View attachment 104352 View attachment 104350 View attachment 104351
Customer or employee was angry at the original dealership, the car did not deserve the defacing. That’s a tough decision on a repaint and value. It’s got all the good options. To the right person, it’s a good car.

2016 4c Coupe
2018 4c Spider
1993 Spider Veloce

21 - 40 of 46 Posts