Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Her
Hi 4cAlltheway,

Thanks for the information. I am aware from reading this thread of the damage, but I do not see the pictures anywhere. Do you have a link to them so I could see for myself?

As far as cosmetic damage, As far as I am concerned it can be replaced as long as any pieces aren't actually broken or damaged, it should still be a sweet deal.

Mechanically I will have it checked out by an Alfa dealer but I have no concerns mechanically about a car that was just sitting outside for that long (Except possibly frame damage due to improper loading/jacking?)

I am not to concerned if the only thing wrong is cosmetic as it can be fixed and it will be a daily driver for me anyways. The full warranty and low miles on the mechanical parts is a much bigger selling point for me.

I'd love to see the pictures, because what carvana shows looks very decent. I don't see how they could list it with the only cosmetic issue being front end paint chips if the damage is really that bad.

Looking forward to see what this car is really about and hopefully give it a new home.

Will keep you all updated.
Here you go.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Her

Here you go.
Thank you so much for these photos, it really helps.

A few questions for you:

Is there any other damage or is this it?

Is there interior looking good? Dash delaminating?

I am noting that in the pictures on carvana the damage on the rocker panel is not shown, hopefully this has been repaired. I don't see how they can only mark "paint chips" as the only imperfection if there are these marks on the car. Maybe I can get them to do some body work.

Is there anything that could be damaged mechanically from this car from just sitting for a few years? I would think not, but then again I do not know. It appears it's been serviced a few times over the past few months so hopefully fluids have been changed out and a full service has been done.

Did you check the underside of the car to see the condition of the carbon fiber tub?

are the scratches on the carbon fiber on the inside only on the bottom where the mats would cover it up? Did it come with mats?

Where on the car are the 1st, 2nd, and 5th photos taken?

Thank you so much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is my post from a few weeks ago:

...I did see the white coupe, passed by it quickly--paint is in much better condition however the area where the bumper meets the body has an issue, like the paint is bubbling along that line, as if the bumper was forced against the body too hard...bubbling is along the body line though not the bumper....unfortunate because the body would have to be painted to fix...

(I'm referring to the rear bumper)
Thanks i appreciate it. I have a call with the dealer this week so i will be sure to have them look at that.

·
Registered
45 Posts

A few questions for you:

I am noting that in the pictures on carvana the damage on the rocker panel is not shown, hopefully this has been repaired. I don't see how they can only mark "paint chips" as the only imperfection if there are these marks on the car. Maybe I can get them to do some body work.

Is there anything that could be damaged mechanically from this car from just sitting for a few years? I would think not, but then again I do not know. It appears it's been serviced a few times over the past few months so hopefully fluids have been changed out and a full service has been done.

Did you check the underside of the car to see the condition of the carbon fiber tub?

are the scratches on the carbon fiber on the inside only on the bottom where the mats would cover it up? Did it come with mats?

Thank you so much.
I actually didn't take delivery of the car. Once I saw the photos from 4CGuy I backed away from the car. I just don't want to deal with headaches down the road.
I spoke to a few people at Carvana to see if they would repair the damaged paint, and they all declined to do it. Called it normal wear and tear.

From what 4CGuy said, the rockers where pretty badly damaged. To me it looks like they were hit pretty hard, but I don't know anything about the floor.

I don't know about mats. The Carbon Fiber on the inside floor looks like they took a belt sander to it! Real shame.

I think photos 1-2 and 5 are of the front hood.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I actually didn't take delivery of the car. Once I saw the photos from 4CGuy I backed away from the car. I just don't want to deal with headaches down the road.
I spoke to a few people at Carvana to see if they would repair the damaged paint, and they all declined to do it. Called it normal wear and tear.

From what 4CGuy said, the rockers where pretty badly damaged. To me it looks like they were hit pretty hard, but I don't know anything about the floor.

I don't know about mats. The Carbon Fiber on the inside floor looks like they took a belt sander to it! Real shame.

I think photos 1-2 and 5 are of the front hood.
Thank you, this information helps a lot.

@4Cguy can you answer any of the questions I have? Thank you so much, this helps a ton.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Very helpful of the user here to post those photos. I would not buy that car. The damage on the rockers is severe, and Carvana is not known for quality repairs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very helpful of the user here to post those photos. I would not buy that car. The damage on the rockers is severe, and Carvana is not known for quality repairs.
Yes I agree, the damage on the rockers is really bad and would be a no go for me if they didn't repair it. I guess it's worth a shot to see what it looks like in person and order it, nothing to lose.

Are there any other cars I should be looking at? I am looking at anywhere from 50-60ish and I am in Florida.

What do you guys think of this car?

Used 2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Base Convertible in Orlando, FL | Auto.com | ZARBAAB48GM179053

I've been considering going to look at this one. Obviously not been sitting in the sun and doesn't have paint/exterior damage like the carvana one,

but at the same price point it has 15,000 miles on it and the warranty is almost done (would have to purchase extended warranty to get the same as the carvana)

·
Registered
160 Posts
So what are
Yes I agree, the damage on the rockers is really bad and would be a no go for me if they didn't repair it. I guess it's worth a shot to see what it looks like in person and order it, nothing to lose.

Are there any other cars I should be looking at? I am looking at anywhere from 50-60ish and I am in Florida.

Used 2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Base Convertible in Orlando, FL | Auto.com | ZARBAAB48GM179053

I've been considering going to look at this one. Obviously not been sitting in the sun and doesn't have paint/exterior damage like the carvana one,

but at the same price point it has 15,000 miles on it and the warranty is almost done (would have to purchase extended warranty to get the same as the carvana)
So what are your requirements? If you really want Rosso competizione, there was a good used one in Maryland at Flemings ultimate garage. They offered it to me at $48,500+$299 doc fee. I ended up buying a car from CNC in California instead. The same spec car as the carvana one is available at Alfa Romeo fort Lauderdale, but they are asking full sticker of $83k. Maybe throw them an offer of $20k off, that seems to be the going discount for new spiders.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So what are

So what are your requirements? If you really want Rosso competizione, there was a good used one in Maryland at Flemings ultimate garage. They offered it to me at $48,500+$299 doc fee. I ended up buying a car from CNC in California instead. The same spec car as the carvana one is available at Alfa Romeo fort Lauderdale, but they are asking full sticker of $83k. Maybe throw them an offer of $20k off, that seems to be the going discount for new spiders.
Honestly I am pretty easy with the options, I think all of the color combinations look good (usually isn't the case but most of the 4C's I've seen have been spec'd out pretty good).

I want a spider not a coupe that's probably the only must-have.

I've got pretty loud subwoofers in my car now so the subwoofer option seems nice but due to the nature of the car I don't have to have it. The Exhaust is probably the most desirable upgrade aside from that but you can always put in aftermarket.

The car at Flemings seems to have sold they do not have anything listed under alfa romeo.

I am not seeing the 4C at Alfa Ft Lauderdale on their website. Even at 20k off thats probably my upper limit and they'd have to give me a good value for my trade in.

·
Registered
160 Posts
So what are

Honestly I am pretty easy with the options, I think all of the color combinations look good (usually isn't the case but most of the 4C's I've seen have been spec'd out pretty good).

I want a spider not a coupe that's probably the only must-have.

I've got pretty loud subwoofers in my car now so the subwoofer option seems nice but due to the nature of the car I don't have to have it. The Exhaust is probably the most desirable upgrade aside from that but you can always put in aftermarket.

The car at Flemings seems to have sold they do not have anything listed under alfa romeo.

I am not seeing the 4C at Alfa Ft Lauderdale on their website. Even at 20k off thats probably my upper limit and they'd have to give me a good value for my trade in.
This car may be just the ticket (it is new, and looks fantastic to me).

·
Registered
34 Posts
This car may be just the ticket (it is new, and looks fantastic to me).
Ooh, this one looks good and the price is pretty good too!

I'll check this one out and see what they offer with for trade in and pricing. A bit far from me but within reach distance wise.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ooh, this one looks good and the price is pretty good too!

I'll check this one out and see what they offer with for trade in and pricing. A bit far from me but within reach distance wise.
That's really nice!! I am starting to look at other colors. I was stuck on the Red, but Black and Silver are starting to look really nice.
I have a White Stelvio so I don't want a white 4C.

·
Registered
51 Posts

A few questions for you:

Thank you so much.
Thank you, this information helps a lot.

@4Cguy can you answer any of the questions I have? Thank you so much, this helps a ton.
Sorry just saw this, think I missed it the other day! I agree with all the sage advice everyone has given you regarding the Carvana car....it had issues everywhere--- solution was going to be (atleast) repaint the entire car and replace the rockers (which literally looked shredded). The underside came in contact with something hard during transport due to a careless trucker. There's no telling if the tub suffered damage as I never saw the car on a lift....but it certainly is possible. I think from the sound of it you have rather wisely decided to look elsewhere for another car but in case you want I can go through and answer each of your questions in a PM...let me know. I think the silver one in Alabama is the one to get btw.....good luck and try and grab one sooner than later (don't know if I've ever said that about any other car and I know it sounds like hyperbole...but it isn't)....these prices are a giveaway for what really is a bonafide supercar!

·
Registered
276 Posts
There is no way Carvana will replace the rockers on that car, each side is about $8k and they are bonded on. A good bodyshop with Corvette experience could fix the rockers in place but I'd look for another car personally.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry just saw this, think I missed it the other day! I agree with all the sage advice everyone has given you regarding the Carvana car....it had issues everywhere--- solution was going to be (atleast) repaint the entire car and replace the rockers (which literally looked shredded). The underside came in contact with something hard during transport due to a careless trucker. There's no telling if the tub suffered damage as I never saw the car on a lift....but it certainly is possible. I think from the sound of it you have rather wisely decided to look elsewhere for another car but in case you want I can go through and answer each of your questions in a PM...let me know. I think the silver one in Alabama is the one to get btw.....good luck and try and grab one sooner than later (don't know if I've ever said that about any other car and I know it sounds like hyperbole...but it isn't)....these prices are a giveaway for what really is a bonafide supercar!
Yes thats correct ive kind of dropped the carvana car, its a shame but its going to need some serious repair I think.

There is no way Carvana will replace the rockers on that car, each side is about $8k and they are bonded on. A good bodyshop with Corvette experience could fix the rockers in place but I'd look for another car personally.
Yeah Ive kind of come to realize this, looking at another car right now and hopefully if the numbers work ill go pick it up today

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ended up buying the 2016 one with 15,000 miles. So far so good, but the parking brake doesn't seem to work. I put it in 1st and put some small pieces of wood behind the wheels, I hope it holds. Going to see if the dealership can adjust or fix it.

121 - 140 of 177 Posts