Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ended up buying the 2016 one with 15,000 miles. So far so good, but the parking brake doesn't seem to work. I put it in 1st and put some small pieces of wood behind the wheels, I hope it holds. Going to see if the dealership can adjust or fix it.
Congrats!!! Probably the parking brake just needs to be adjusted, should be fairly simple.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats!!! Probably the parking brake just needs to be adjusted, should be fairly simple.
Thanks

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Going to buy some wheel chocks for now just in case.

Congrats!! Still searching for mine. Hopefully soon. Can’t wait to see some pics.
Thanks, pics coming today when I get a chance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How steep is your driveway??? Didn't you say you were in Florida? Can't imagine it rolling anywhere if left in 1st...
It's not too steep maybe 5%, 10% at the most. $9 pair of wheel chocks would give me peace of mind. If it rolls it may go into the culdesac and hit a car parked there, my only concern.

I'm sure 1st is enough to hold it but I'd feel a lot more comfortable with the parking brake working as a backup (or 1st gear working as a backup to the parking brake rather).

Btw, I live in lake county, the hilliest part of florida by far, we've got steep roads everywhere (steep for florida lol).

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's not too steep maybe 5%, 10% at the most. $9 pair of wheel chocks would give me peace of mind. If it rolls it may go into the culdesac and hit a car parked there, my only concern.

I'm sure 1st is enough to hold it but I'd feel a lot more comfortable with the parking brake working as a backup (or 1st gear working as a backup to the parking brake rather).

Btw, I live in lake county, the hilliest part of florida by far, we've got steep roads everywhere (steep for florida lol).
I was wondering as I typed, if you lived in the part of Florida that actually has some nice "elevation" Been there in that area a few times, very scenic and pretty- you actually feel like you've left Florida entirely!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was wondering as I typed, if you lived in the part of Florida that actually has some nice "elevation" Been there in that area a few times, very scenic and pretty- you actually feel like you've left Florida entirely!!!
Yes It's wonderful here. I used to live in Orlando and this is so much nicer with the hills and elevations.

Part of the reason for me getting a 4c is my commute to work has the perfect amount of curves and hills it's a shame to have a comfortable heavy luxury car with a commute like this haha.

I've got the pictures done, going to upload them along with a little backstory on a new thread under new member introductions when I get home after work later tonight.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes It's wonderful here. I used to live in Orlando and this is so much nicer with the hills and elevations.

Part of the reason for me getting a 4c is my commute to work has the perfect amount of curves and hills it's a shame to have a comfortable heavy luxury car with a commute like this haha.

I've got the pictures done, going to upload them along with a little backstory on a new thread under new member introductions when I get home after work later tonight.
Great...sounds like the perfect setting to exercise a 4C! Can't wait to see the pictures(y)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just saw this thread, and I have one of the 4Cs out of Dallas. I purchased it from Brickell a few months ago. Mine had just under 150 miles on it, and was almost absolutely mint. 2018 white pearl spider, with pretty much every single option on it, with tobaco seats. When purchasing, I had a friend inspect it locally and it checked out great. Car arrived to me in NJ as if i had purchased a brand new car. So I called FCA to find out about warranty and service status. Since the car was purchased through a dealer, and had only been owned by "dealers" ( Brickell being the 2nd ) they stated the warranty on my car for the date that I purchased it.

the only 2x issues with this car:
  • only 1x key was included, and it will cost a few hundred $ to get a 2nd one made up
  • I had full Xpel PPF done on the car, and when the hood was pulled off, some mouse nests were found with crap all over the place. It washed off completely, and there was nothing chewed or damaged ...
brand new car!

Voy

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just saw this thread, and I have one of the 4Cs out of Dallas. I purchased it from Brickell a few months ago. Mine had just under 150 miles on it, and was almost absolutely mint. 2018 white pearl spider, with pretty much every single option on it, with tobaco seats. When purchasing, I had a friend inspect it locally and it checked out great. Car arrived to me in NJ as if i had purchased a brand new car. So I called FCA to find out about warranty and service status. Since the car was purchased through a dealer, and had only been owned by "dealers" ( Brickell being the 2nd ) they stated the warranty on my car for the date that I purchased it.

• only 1x key was included, and it will cost a few hundred $ to get a 2nd one made up
  • I had full Xpel PPF done on the car, and when the hood was pulled off, some mouse nests were found with crap all over the place. It washed off completely, and there was nothing chewed or damaged ...
brand new car!

Voy
HAHAH you beat me to it. I was trying to buy that exact car from Brickell. I ended up buying the white coupe same this they only had 1 key but had a 2 made its not original but i dont care since its going in the bank safe. Other than there it was great I had them take it to The collection alfa dealership to get the dash replaced under warranty, and it got a clean bill of health. The yellow one that one looks great in the pictures, but its in rough shape a lot of deep scratches and a few cracks. A shame cause its a nice color combo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, has the yellow coupe been repaired? Thanks
Negative i was there this past thursday and it had not. Also I opened the trunk and it was soaked in water they said they just washed it but still i would check it make sure there is no mold. It also had a cracked side mirror granted it was the black trim but still. If you are interested i would pay a car inspector to go over the car. Some of the issues are covered under warranty like the dash, and the car does have warranty until 2024. I called alfa direct and they checked both the white and yellow and they had just been punched out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They told me the yellow coupe was ALL repaired a week ago. ?? Whats going on. Thank you very much for on sight info.!

·
Registered
45 Posts

brand new car!

Voy
Hey Voy.
Congrats on the Car.
i am currently looking at the one at Essence I think it’s also one of the cars from McKinney.
which shipping company did you use. I also live in NJ and would need it shipped.
Thanks.
Patrick.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone looked at the White 4C at Essence. I know it’s one of the McKinney cars but wanted to know if it was in decent shape? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Patrick, so originally I was set up with Gran Turismo Motorsports and an enclosed transport to nj was $1450 , or $950 for open carrier... Mario Turcios found new a local guy in FL who I was able to verify was insured and hauled the car over in a single car enclosed truck for like $700ish (cash), and over a holiday weekend in November at that!
I can’t find his # but if you contact Mario at Brickell, I’m sure he can help..

I saw on this thread where some people are having questionable experiences with them, but for me I was waiting for something to go wrong around every corner and the representation of the car and the service I got was absolutely great with Bricklle! Car was just as described. Mint in my case. I was going into this a little paranoid after a problem I had last year with a 488gtb out of one of the top dealers in the country. That all worked out great but it took a few months of hair pulling to resolve issues. Hey, used car dealer is always gonna be a used car dealer I guess 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Patrick, so originally I was set up with Gran Turismo Motorsports and an enclosed transport to nj was $1450 , or $950 for open carrier... Mario Turcios found new a local guy in FL who I was able to verify was insured and hauled the car over in a single car enclosed truck for like $700ish (cash), and over a holiday weekend in November at that!
I can’t find his # but if you contact Mario at Brickell, I’m sure he can help..

I saw on this thread where some people are having questionable experiences with them, but for me I was waiting for something to go wrong around every corner and the representation of the car and the service I got was absolutely great with Bricklle! Car was just as described. Mint in my case. I was going into this a little paranoid after a problem I had last year with a 488gtb out of one of the top dealers in the country. That all worked out great but it took a few months of hair pulling to resolve issues. Hey, used car dealer is always gonna be a used car dealer I guess 🤷‍♂️
Hey
Thanks for the info. Where in Jersey are you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
@aleo244 I saw your car on the lot! I remember looking at it and thinking how much I liked the carbon roof. Congrats 👍

Yes, mine is getting the dash redone also under warranty. So I did have the second key ordered but now I am thinking It is kind of fishy that pretty much all of these cars were missing the second key...

Voy

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had my car (used 4C, not new) shipped from Los Angeles area to my home north of Atlanta using Plycar for $1,600. I thought it was a good deal, and the driver was very careful unloading.

141 - 160 of 177 Posts