Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

161 - 180 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I can go look at Essence if you would like. I am just 12 miles away.

Jeff
Hi Jeff.
that would be amazing. I called them and am waiting to hear back as to what was done to the car. I can see from the photos they posted that the clear film at the rear wheels is turned yellow and maybe peeling but not 100% sure.
please let me know what you think. If all is clear I will pull the trigger on this one. Can’t wait any longer.
Thank you
Patrick

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Jeff.
that would be amazing. I called them and am waiting to hear back as to what was done to the car. I can see from the photos they posted that the clear film at the rear wheels is turned yellow and maybe peeling but not 100% sure.
please let me know what you think. If all is clear I will pull the trigger on this one. Can’t wait any longer.
Thank you
Patrick
I just got off the phone with Paul.
told me there is a deal already in the works with the White 4C spider but told me he would keep me posted if it fell through.
To be continued.....

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was in the same situation so I feel your pain. What about silver with red seats? There is the 2018 new one still on sale, I think for about 60k. I would keep the 2020 one in Livermore as a really last resort ;-). As a friend of mine with old Elise says, suspension and exhaust can be changed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was in the same situation so I feel your pain. What about silver with red seats? There is the 2018 new one still on sale, I think for about 60k. I would keep the 2020 one in Livermore as a really last resort ;-). As a friend of mine with old Elise says, suspension and exhaust can be changed.
That’s one is nice too. Your friend is right about that. We’ll see. Still hoping the one in Texas come through. I see the Carvana one is back up again. I would consider it if they sold it for the right price. Maybe do a full paint on it. Don’t know.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nah about the Carvana car, did you see the photos of the frayed panel on the bottom posted to the forums? That is not just a repaint job. They should change the panel. Good luck, let me know if something local appears you would like me to check (SF Bay Area).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nah about the Carvana car, did you see the photos of the frayed panel on the bottom posted to the forums? That is not just a repaint job. They should change the panel. Good luck, let me know if something local appears you would like me to check (SF Bay Area).
Thanks buddy. Really appreciate it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The new Alfa Romeo store in Boston has what looks like two new 4C coupes, a black and white one. From a few passes on my way to work they have carbon fiber roof, carbon fiber bumper vents and the dark 10 spoke rims. Looking almost identical to my yellow coupe which has every option.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey.
No. Not set on White. I actually prefer the Red but Spider.
Thanks for the update. I’m getting tired already looking at the same cars and tjen deals falling through. Oh Well.... patience i guess. Hahaha.
There is a 2016 red spider (Rosso Competizione) is at a Mercedes dealer in Scottsdale, asking $42.5k, 22k miles. Original MSRP was $76,295

Or a 2015 spider (didn't know there were any) also in Scottsdale with 26k miles, asking $42k. Original MSRP was $111,595 (crazy base price apparently).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Are you set on a white spider? There is the yellow one in LA (see classifieds) and I checked today and the 2017 red coupe is still available in SF Bay Area Alfa Romeo 4c 2017 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive....
Hey B-T
Is this 2017 4C in your area to take a look at? I sent an email to see if its still available and am waiting to hear back.
I am still looking and am now considering a coupe. I am sort of over the Spider.
I am also considering the 2015 LE at Hovey Motocars in TX.
Has $6700 miles and a lot of scheduled service already done, including bolt tightening (which I was surprised at $6700 miles).
Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hey B-T
Is this 2017 4C in your area to take a look at? I sent an email to see if its still available and am waiting to hear back.
I am still looking and am now considering a coupe. I am sort of over the Spider.
I am also considering the 2015 LE at Hovey Motocars in TX.
Has $6700 miles and a lot of scheduled service already done, including bolt tightening (which I was surprised at $6700 miles).
Let me know what you think.
I am in Georgia a little north of Atlanta.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey
That would be great. He told me it’s still available. i wasn’t 100% sure you were in the SF area.
I’m still on the lookout and am starting to eliminate options I wanted. There is a nice Red one that just came out in Washington state, but it has very little options and they are asking too much.
Thank you

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh and the white 4c spider in SF I was waiting for is on the market againl (cars.com). The guy had it for 49,500 in December and now he marked it up because of the extended warranty he got and the service he did, but if you skip the warranty (don't transfer his), then you are looking at about 50-51K asking. I haven't seen that one in person.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This thread is extremely valuable. I was about to work a deal on an 18 Spider that was originally from McKinney. Now I know to approach it cautiously, and to look for problems. And more importantly, I now know that the price is way too high.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This thread is extremely valuable. I was about to work a deal on an 18 Spider that was originally from McKinney. Now I know to approach it cautiously, and to look for problems. And more importantly, I now know that the price is way too high.
I bought one of those and again I was very cautious and did my research with alfa corp. The good thing is those cars still have a full 4-year warranty that should have been punched around sep-dec so you will have the factory warranty until 2023 or 2024. That being said most of the cars will suffer from sun damage in my case I had the dash that had sun damage, and the clear coat on the front carbon vent was damaged. Both those items were covered under warranty and replaced at no cost. I heard a few of them had paint chips or roof damage so I would be thorough on checking them out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got off the phone with Paul.
told me there is a deal already in the works with the White 4C spider but told me he would keep me posted if it fell through.
To be continued.....
I am looking at the white spider at Essence, curious to know why you didn't buy it? I will go to the dealer this week to look at it, but wanted to know if there is anything I should know before going there. Thanks.

161 - 180 of 190 Posts