Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
What’s with the “autodelta” triangle logo underneath the qf? From a distance it looks like a second cloverleaf but in the video you can see it says “autodelta”, whatever that means. Anyway the second triangle looks odd to me.
It reminds me of those stickers we would put on our GI-Joe forts and tanks. The ones that came with the figures but sometimes didn't have a place....so you stuck them wherever

·
Registered
794 Posts
It will be interesting to see what the US market gets for our version.
Well, theoretically we should get the GTA and you should get the GTAm, as though long debated, in 2011 president of the Documentazione Storico, Marco Fazio, confirmed the ‘Am’ stands for America and not the ‘m’ for Maggiorata.
Only now Alfa seems to not have bothered about the exact meaning themselves...

·
Super Moderator
5,925 Posts
Well, theoretically we should get the GTA and you should get the GTAm, as though long debated, in 2011 president of the Documentazione Storico, Marco Fazio, confirmed the ‘Am’ stands for America and not the ‘m’ for Maggiorata.
Only now Alfa seems to not have bothered about the exact meaning themselves...
It’s different age, where marketing bs goes unquestioned by the majority. Glad you brought it up. At least they got the Alleggerita bit correct for the GTA, though it’s hardly a lightweight by 1960’s GTA standard.
At least it’s not like the 147GTA which ironically was the heaviest version made of the 147. :unsure:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Overall I really like it. Having trouble with the look of black flares over the rear wheels, though. To my eye it either needs a black flare in front, or body color flare in back to give it more visual balance.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,746 Posts
I suspect that since the GTAm has 6 point seat belts, it won't be legal for street use so perhaps they will put regular 3 points in. I wonder how much of the car remains after they make it US legal.....may just be add on things like the wing and front bumper.
I suspect that since they are a limited run of 500 (hmmmm.....like my Launch Edition) the first few will go far over sticker price, than the rest will languish on dealers show rooms and get discounted.
I was really hoping for a new FRESH design like the new Maserati or a 2 door GTV with quad engine. But this is a place holder until the new link-up with Peugot is figured out.
If you really wanted a track version of the Giulia you would save money by building it yourself like CallMeAl did to his.

·
Super Moderator
14,028 Posts
This is going to be expensive as I will have to buy a small place in Europe to store the car and then fly over multiple times a year to drive it. I am never going to be able to retire.

Jeff
But it's a fair trade-off, right?

;)

Maybe we should buy a forum time-share GTAm and garage space at Balocco?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I call "dibs" on the passenger seat for that!

EDIT: in case that doesn't translate well, it means I want the right to ride along!
You are very welcome (on the passenger seat) but on the RCN or VLN are passengers forbidden.
But we can rallying the GTA so an copilot is very important and withy our German skills we will have no problem with left and right links /rechts 😂

·
Registered
Alfa Rosso 2016 4C Spider + 1984 Ferrari 308QV Targa + (coming soon) Delorean DMC12
49 Posts
The smart angle with the GTA/m was the limited availability.... But hoping they "AMR" the whole thing with a manual special edition to really part rich folk with coin and garage space (I know, it won't happen).
The Michelin tire pick was evil genius to get that extra performance edge; well spotted 4Canada! I really can't wait for the Nur and track difference that La Cosa Nostra will justify with "weight loss and power gains because Viva Italia" - we all will secretly know it's mostly tires.
Regardless of what these answers to questions no one asked mean, they will make for great speculation on what Alfa can do with Mopar and Maserati connections. Still agree with all: why no 2-dr 6C to drink from the BMW M and Audi RS, etc sales milkshake? Do people care not for FR coupes anymore because C8?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Jaguar Project cars have held their values really well. Maybe that can translate to Alfa if there is a lot of special construction and design done.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts