Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I also have about the same amount of thread. Earlier this month I did 4 days and over 2000 miles with most of it in rain and had zero leaks...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you Ian for the input...
Hi there Ian,

I noticed that @RickMcB says that his top has no thread showing whatsover when the top is on and that he posted a pic. Unfortunately, his pic a little fuzzy so I can't tell if there is any thread showing at the front. Can anyone tell if Rick's pic shows some thread or there is no thread showing.

Thanks for everyone's input.
Elise

·
Registered
14 Posts
Would this help? Do you mean this - that towards the car door the stitching on the roof top becomes visible? That is normal.

View attachment 130237
Yes, that is what I meant. But as I stated, there is one gentleman on this thread who indicated that no stitching was visible on his car and that the stitching was completely covered by the windshield surround. I am trying to get find out if that is how it is on some cars but not others or if the person who said the sticthing is all covered up is mistaken.

Thank you for taking the pic by the way.
E

·
Registered
244 Posts
There is no way - at least on my car, both because there is no grove under the carbon fiber for the roof to tuck into (check the area on your car) and also, the roof top is not long enough, meaning even if there was a grove in the front corner, the back part would be pushed too much towards the front and if you look at the photo below the edge in the back is pretty even. That is how it was designed. Unless his car is different but that is unlikely.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Plant

·
Registered
14 Posts
There is no way - at least on my car, both because there is no grove under the carbon fiber for the roof to tuck into (check the area on your car) and also, the roof top is not long enough, meaning even if there was a grove in the front corner, the back part would be pushed too much towards the front and if you look at the photo below the edge in the back is pretty even. That is how it was designed. Unless his car is different but that is unlikely.

View attachment 130239
Yes, I see what you mean. I'm not near the car now, so I can't see what you mean when you say there is "no groove" on the sides, which must be in regard to the CF windshield surround. But I did look at @RickMcB's pic and I cannot see any stitching showing.

I have no way of zooming in to see his pic better to see if that is the case, but what you say makes sense about the back being too far forward if it got shoved in under the surround.

Hopefully Rick will jump in and clarify.

Thank you for your assistance.
E

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oops, I made a mistake and just realized that the pic I was referring to as @RickMcB's pic which I thought Rick posted to show that no stitching should show at the corners was actually one of @IanW_UK's pics in which it is hard to see any stitching and not Rick's (who didn't post a pic). But since Ian then clarified by posting that his car also has the stitching showing too, it looks like the concensus is that the stitching shows at both sides.

So unless Rick posts a clear picture showing the front of the soft top tucked in all the way across, the concensus so far is that the stitching shows at both sides if I've got everything right with respect to the posts on the issue and which pic was posted by whom.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for everyone's input. Let's see if Rick posts a pic of his top on the car.
E

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes, I see what you mean. I'm not near the car now, so I can't see what you mean when you say there is "no groove" on the sides, which must be in regard to the CF windshield surround. But I did look at @RickMcB's pic and I cannot see any stitching showing.

I have no way of zooming in to see his pic better to see if that is the case, but what you say makes sense about the back being too far forward if it got shoved in under the surround.

Hopefully Rick will jump in and clarify.

Thank you for your assistance.
Just to clarify mine is as radm's is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for posting @RickMcB . I was just curious because in your post, you said "mine fits completely under the CF window surround and no stitching is visible when secured". Maybe you could clarify and post a pic as well if not too much hassle.

Thanks.
E

21 - 30 of 30 Posts