Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, so after what seems ages the Alfa dealer made contact today and I can collect on Wednesday or Thursday next week. It's a 2017, 3 years on last month in Trofeo White with the usual bits and completely original. It's having a wheel swop, I have purchased some new black 18/19" and fitting them with Michelin PS4/ PS4s on, will keep the other 17/18" wheels just in case I every mange to do a track day with it. (or eBay when I get fed up of looking at them on the floor).

So we will be officially a two Alfa family next week, the 4C will compliment the Stelvio very nicely, I'll send some pictures when they meet! Looking forward to tinkering with it as the garage now has some room and it's the first time since I was a teenager (now 50) that I have had a proper 2 seater (last one was and X/19).

I have spent some much time researching can't wait to drive it and the first drive will be a long one at about four and a half hours....

J

·
Super Moderator
14,887 Posts
Welcome!

Would love to see pictures of your 4C in Doc Martin / Poldark country, ;)

Actually, we’re keen on photos of any 4C, but the backdrop is a bonus.

Congratulations on the new Alfa. May it bring a smile to your face every time you turn the key (or even look at it). The 4C is a very special car indeed, enjoy!

PS: my wife is from Yorkshire, and her last 2-seater was also an X-19.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Great stuff!

which wheels have you got and which ones have you bought? Ive seen black teledials about a grand a set , thinking of getting some myself. Also how are you fitting your surfboard to the car?

@4Canada by eck lad never knew your missus was a Yorkshire lass

·
Registered
925 Posts
Welcome jimmyl and congrats on your 4C.

Go careful with fresh tyres on your 4C - they can be a bit "skatey" until you have scrubbed the tyres a bit.

Have fun.

Cheers,

Alf.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with the Black teledials which were £1200 including tyre fitting and new TPMS sensors, so I could use either set. Set of 4 tyres were £495 from Blackcircles.

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 17.54.03.png
It came with the other 17/18" black ones
Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 17.52.08.png

Collection booked for Thursday, very excited luckily no surfboards required!

·
Super Moderator
7,045 Posts
I went with the Black teledials which were £1200 including tyre fitting and new TPMS sensors, so I could use either set. Set of 4 tyres were £495 from Blackcircles.

View attachment 108601
View attachment 108600

Good choice. Good luck with the drive home. I was going to make a quip about your 4 and-a-half hour trip being of about 20 miles getting out of central London on a Friday afternoon. Where are you picking it up from? Take it easy on the run home from where ever you’re driving. It’s very wide and very low.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good choice. Good luck with the drive home. I was going to make a quip about your 4 and-a-half hour trip being of about 20 miles getting out of central London on a Friday afternoon. Where are you picking it up from? Take it easy on the run home from where ever you’re driving. It’s very wide and very low.
Well, it was going to be picked from the outskirts of Birmingham, but now a friend I going to trailer it to Cornwall as I couldn’t get things organised at home to cover the day out for me and my wife. So now the first drives will be on Cornish tiny roads, hopefully it’s No wider than the Stelvio?

The widest vehicle we had in Cornwall for a while (long story!) was a Hummer so hopefully not that wide, that was scary especially being LHD and in the Summer when full of tourists.

So here on Thursday and the weather looks good for the weekend :)

·
Registered
17 Posts

View attachment 108601
View attachment 108600

like the new wheels. May I ask why you sourced them?

Congratulations on getting your 4C.

Alan, somerset.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
like the new wheels. May I ask why you sourced them?

Congratulations on getting your 4C.

Alan, somerset.
Hi Alan, thanks I didn’t like the design much and the car had 3 different makes of worn tires and I have a thing about not mixing tires makes so combined the 2 and got the deal that allowed me to get them before I get the car. I also prefer the look on the larger wheels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Alan, thanks I didn’t like the design much and the car had 3 different makes of worn tires and I have a thing about not mixing tires makes so combined the 2 and got the deal that allowed me to get them before I get the car. I also prefer the look on the larger wheels.
Thanks For your reply.

My question looks a bit impertinent, actually. I meant to ask ‘where’ you sourced them!

alan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks For your reply.

My question looks a bit impertinent, actually. I meant to ask ‘where’ you sourced them!

alan
I got them from the suppling dealer Johnsons in Solihull, they matched the best price I could find online, fitted them along with full geometry for the new setup.

·
Super Moderator
14,887 Posts
@4Canada by eck lad never knew your missus was a Yorkshire lass
Aye, ye daft wee sod. Last Tango in ‘alifax country.
I’ve come to realize that the “h” is expendable in that county. Except in words that don’t start with “h”. Like the line from My Fair Lady: in ‘artford, ‘arreford and ‘ampshire, ‘urricanes ‘ardly hever ‘appen”.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Aye, ye daft wee sod. Last Tango in ‘alifax country.
I’ve come to realize that the “h” is expendable in that county. Except in words that don’t start with “h”. Like the line from My Fair Lady: in ‘artford, ‘arreford and ‘ampshire, ‘urricanes ‘ardly hever ‘appen”.
just ’aving a nice cup of yorkshire tea, followed by toast from a hovis loaf, bah eck

do you lot drink tea that side of the pond?

Reactions: jimmyl
1 - 17 of 17 Posts