Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Love Evo's quote on the sound..

Stated that it sounds 2 parts Abarth SS (with Monza I assume) and 1 part Ferrari 458

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perreby said:
Love Evo's quote on the sound..

Stated that it sounds 2 parts Abarth SS (with Monza I assume) and 1 part Ferrari 458
Yeah, noticed it too! Sounds, looks and steering seem to have conquered all...instead, the recurring criticisms seem to be a slight turbo-lag and the gearshift (esp. down-shift speed). CH mentioned the seat and steering wheel but it didn't seem to echo elsewhere...

·
Registered
642 Posts
He is oddly built tho.. A tiny chap.. Bigger okes like myself will fit snugly in the seats.

Dont mind slight turbo lag.. you learn to adapt to it and drive the car accordingly. (As CH mentioned you need to recalibrate yourself).

I suspect the guys moaning about downshifts are at 6000rpms then want to downshift.. Car wont allow to ensure it doesnt over revs so it waits a little for revs to drop down a little more then shifts down. Purely speculation but possible.

Ps its Abarth 500 convertible behind the 4C (and its the Alfa Romeo CEO Harald Wester driving the 4C) .. Listen how quiet the Abarth is compared to the 4C..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks as though the Abarth driver was paying very close attention to the 4c...the acceleration seems a little haphazard!

Another point of agreement seems to be the brakes for which everyone has had words of praise.

I guess we can adjust to turbo-lag, especially if its as light as the 350nm at 2200rpm would suggest. I remember test driving the Maserati 3200 gt which, for all its flaws, was fun - and boy did it have turbo-lag! But the downshift speed in some of the videos does seem a little sluggish - maybe it has to do with the way the engine revs (apparently slowly) that slows the box on downshifts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts