Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

Premium Member
Before: LE #451 - After: 2015 Coupe
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
馃悐 Florida Man 馃悐

I wanted to start a dedicated thread for 4C owners in South Florida (Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Monroe counties). After a lackluster experience at Rick Case Alfa Romeo and dealing with unknowledgeable mechanics, I thought us Floridians could come together and compile some resources for current and future 4C owners in the Sunshine State. I've heard plenty of positive feedback about Limitless Motorworks near Cutler Bay. I plan on getting full-car SunTek Ultra PPF done at First Class Autosports in South Miami; they've done a couple 4C's in the past. I've had a nightmare dealing with Alfa Romeo Fort Lauderdale sales, and a pleasant experience with Palmetto Alfa Romeo sales.

I also hope this could serve to bring some of us together for meet-ups; I recently went on a drive through Snake Road with the SFAROC (South Florida Alfa Romeo Owner's Club). Credits to Byron Owen, creator of 4C Fanatics, who owns the first Giallo Prototipo Spider in the nation.

Drop any and all of your Florida 4C experiences in here. Even if it was just a quick visit 馃槈

Registered
I got my timing belt changed at Limitless. Actually, I bought the tool for them and they reimbursed me. I also gave David the MOPAR 4C technical guide. He has everything to work on the 4C.

Regarding Rick Case. I actually had a good experience but you need to talk to the right service manager. I know a guy there and he always hooks me up with the best mechanic.

Alfa Romeo West Palm Beach is trash.

Premium Member
Limitless is awesome. I was just there today and he had a 4C spider that was getting the timing belt changed and the bolt service. David is very knowledgeable and super economical compared to other shops and stealerships.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Limitless is awesome. I was just there today and he had a 4C spider that was getting the timing belt changed and the bolt service. David is very knowledgeable and super economical compared to other shops and stealerships.
Very glad to know there鈥檚 a reputable/experienced 4C tech in the area. Stealership techs scare me

Registered
I live many miles away from FL but heaven knows I'd love to be there with you folks (especially this weekend when it's 10 degrees) so I'll read this thread with great envy.

Administrator
Moved thread to USA section.

You want a reason to gloat about living in S. Florida?

Close to 18鈥 of snow in the last 2 days where I am. Don鈥檛 live downwind of a Great Lake!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Moved thread to USA section.

You want a reason to gloat about living in S. Florida?

Close to 18鈥 of snow in the last 2 days where I am. Don鈥檛 live downwind of a Great Lake!
No need to move this to the USA section... plenty of Canadian snowbirds over here right now 馃槈

During this time of year, native Floridians can spot the Canadians by looking at pools or beaches. If they鈥檙e in the water, they鈥檙e Canadian 馃ぃ

Administrator
LOL.
Usually spotted on I75 by their bad driving (my apologies, BTW). Going through 3 states without moving out of the left lane!

If they are there this year, then they are in for a surprise on returning to Canada, including basically 鈥渉ouse arrest鈥 in a hotel of Her Majesty鈥檚 choosing after crossing the border, until a negative Covid result is supplied (from a test done after entering the country). And they get to pay the hotel bill. 鈥淲elcome home鈥.

Registered
Not the first time I鈥檝e heard this; what was your experience with them?
Legit took 3 weeks for them to change my TCU. They didn't even put my rear fender correctly. Also the dealership is located close to a construction site. My car was dirty like hell. It's just a shit dealership. Arrigo is GARBAGE.

Registered
Dantes, Please add Monroe County to the list too, I am pretty sure the Islamorada 4C is on the forum, so 2 of us down here.
Thanks again to Samy for referring Limitless, that is my Rosso 4C you saw there 2 days ago Robocop, David and is Staff are friendly and knowledgeable.
I too have mixed feelings about Rick Case. Arrigo IS garbage, such a shame, they are very convenient for me when visiting the Kids in WPB but they didn't even get the oil change right.
Thanks for the First Class Autosports lead, I need a Suntek repair.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL.
Usually spotted on I75 by their bad driving (my apologies, BTW). Going through 3 states without moving out of the left lane!

If they are there this year, then they are in for a surprise on returning to Canada, including basically 鈥渉ouse arrest鈥 in a hotel of Her Majesty鈥檚 choosing after crossing the border, until a negative Covid result is supplied (from a test done after entering the country). And they get to pay the hotel bill. 鈥淲elcome home鈥.
馃槀 馃ぃ 馃槀

Darn Monarchs

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Legit took 3 weeks for them to change my TCU. They didn't even put my rear fender correctly. Also the dealership is located close to a construction site. My car was dirty like hell. It's just a shit dealership. Arrigo is GARBAGE.
Sheesh. Thank you, I'll be staying far away!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dantes, Please add Monroe County to the list too, I am pretty sure the Islamorada 4C is on the forum, so 2 of us down here.
Thanks again to Samy for referring Limitless, that is my Rosso 4C you saw there 2 days ago Robocop, David and is Staff are friendly and knowledgeable.
I too have mixed feelings about Rick Case. Arrigo IS garbage, such a shame, they are very convenient for me when visiting the Kids in WPB but they didn't even get the oil change right.
Thanks for the First Class Autosports lead, I need a Suntek repair.
Added!

It's funny, when I was writing the original post I was wondering if I should include Monroe, but then I thought about the drive to Key West 馃槀

I actually took my LE on a beautiful drive to Key Largo / Islamorada shortly before her sale. It was very nice, but all the rock parking lots gave me some anxiety. I actually had a forum member contact me who used to own an LE that got taken by Hurricane Irma. Scary to think about

Administrator
Added!

It's funny, when I was writing the original post I was wondering if I should include Monroe, but then I thought about the drive to Key West 馃槀

I actually took my LE on a beautiful drive to Key Largo / Islamorada shortly before her sale. It was very nice, but all the rock parking lots gave me some anxiety. I actually had a forum member contact me who used to own an LE that got taken by Hurricane Irma. Scary to think about
That person probably was SamuraiWineGuy.

Registered
Yes, v1 was under water along with my house, but it was a Spider, not an LE. Maybe someone else?

I will follow the thread, looking forward to a meetup.

Registered
I've always had great experiences at the collection. In terms of PPF I also have a good relationship with the shop that did mine, in fact they've let me play around with the ppf design software as well as lay some film down. If you're not 100% set on the shop you chose, I can't recommend them enough, great people, flexible to catering to your needs, quality install, and fair pricing.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts