Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yep, me. Alfaworks.

Haven't had much opportunity to use it since it was only installed last month & I'm currently running summer tyres (PS4s) on it. Winter boots being slapped on next week & then it needs to stop raining for 5 mins for me to see what 280bhp is like.

Cheers,
Hedge

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hedge, thats the stage 1 which i already have, i am talking the hybrid turbo and tune. I know there is a couple or so apparently but no way to get an owners perspective. Or if anyone stateside is running a hybrid utlilizing the alfa ecu.

·
Registered
148 Posts
There are a few around that are running it. I'm considering getting it but doing my suspension first (Novitec Black Series coilovers on order)

John Kane on these forums is running it

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks Hedge, thats the stage 1 which i already have, i am talking the hybrid turbo and tune. I know there is a couple or so apparently but no way to get an owners perspective. Or if anyone stateside is running a hybrid utlilizing the alfa ecu
Sorry, misread!

Cheers,
Hedge

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are a few around that are running it. I'm considering getting it but doing my suspension first (Novitec Black Series coilovers on order)

John Kane on these forums is running it
Ive seen Johns messages on the uk whats app group, but seem to remember he was running a hybrid with the race ecu, which by all accounts was to be avoided (loosely translated). Now the tuners seem to have got past the initial boost limits and the oem ecu can be used it would be great to get some feedback. I know there is the black one thats been done (not sure if thats celtic or aw) but the only voice on it is Jayemm and have little interest in what he thinks tbh.

Also curious about the Eurocompulsion Stage 3, but again no UK owners i know of to date running that and with different fuel ratings i am not sure if thats the right route.

Thanks for the response, would be great if any UK owners pop in with some feedback.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ive seen Johns messages on the uk whats app group, but seem to remember he was running a hybrid with the race ecu, which by all accounts was to be avoided (loosely translated). Now the tuners seem to have got past the initial boost limits and the oem ecu can be used it would be great to get some feedback. I know there is the black one thats been done (not sure if thats celtic or aw) but the only voice on it is Jayemm and have little interest in what he thinks tbh.

Also curious about the Eurocompulsion Stage 3, but again no UK owners i know of to date running that and with different fuel ratings i am not sure if thats the right route.

Thanks for the response, would be great if any UK owners pop in with some feedback.
The black one is running AW 2L conversion now but I think it was running AW hybrid with race ecu in Jayemms video, hence the shifting issues.

A guy on the 4C facebook group is running the Celtic one for hill climbs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The black one is running AW 2L conversion now but I think it was running AW hybrid with race ecu in Jayemms video, hence the shifting issues.

A guy on the 4C facebook group is running the Celtic one for hill climbs.
Thanks Lawrence, im not on fb so miss out on that.

I just searched back and there was a uk member on here @TW05_ASH who has the celtic, maybe he will reply with a few more details of his findings/ownership since done.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Copy of my post on the Facebook group as mentioned by Lawrence (3 Nov 2020)

Had my 4c on the dyno at Celtic Tuning today. Although it was performing well, having been data logged and remapped on the road, we finally fixed a dyno session. Fine tuning the map released another 15bhp and 15lb.ft of torque. 344 bhp and 376 lb.ft. ....!! Well impressed!! Mods to the engine have been limited to bolt on bits; hybrid turbo, bespoke exhaust and intake plumbing. On the standard map these bits resulted on figures of 260 bhp and 284 lb.ft. So, significant gains purely from remapping. This is as far as we can go reliably without major mechanical work...........I think it's enough!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks @RodE very helpful, presuming thats the Celtic hyrbid turbo then? Re the exhaust was that cat back or did you change the downpipe/cat?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Copy of my post on the Facebook group as mentioned by Lawrence (3 Nov 2020)

Had my 4c on the dyno at Celtic Tuning today. Although it was performing well, having been data logged and remapped on the road, we finally fixed a dyno session. Fine tuning the map released another 15bhp and 15lb.ft of torque. 344 bhp and 376 lb.ft. ....!! Well impressed!! Mods to the engine have been limited to bolt on bits; hybrid turbo, bespoke exhaust and intake plumbing. On the standard map these bits resulted on figures of 260 bhp and 284 lb.ft. So, significant gains purely from remapping. This is as far as we can go reliably without major mechanical work...........I think it's enough!!
How many pulls does it last without a beefier intercooler? Any track time?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks @RodE very helpful, presuming thats the Celtic hyrbid turbo then? Re the exhaust was that cat back or did you change the downpipe/cat?
Phoenix Exhausts in Cullompton Devon made the whole system from the turbo back, incorporating a 100 cell Cat.
The only, slight, downside to the hybrid turbo is that lag now becomes obvious. Little 'urge' below 2000 but really spools up strong from 2500. For pure road use Celtic's stage 1+ remap is worth considering and is certainly best value for money. Circa 300 bhp with no other mods.

·
Registered
41 Posts
How many pulls does it last without a beefier intercooler? Any track time?
Temp peaked at 37 after 6 power runs on the dyno. Because the car is used purely for hillclimbing, with durations of usually no more than 40 to 50 seconds, intake temp has not yet been a problem. But I've not yet run in high ambient temps, so to pre-empt that I'm fitting external water spray onto the IC.
Having now tried 4 different setups on the car this was the best in overall terms, power delivery being the prerequisite for me, culminating in taking 0.5 second off (my own) class record at Wiscombe hillclimb

·
Registered
158 Posts
Temp peaked at 37 after 6 power runs on the dyno. Because the car is used purely for hillclimbing, with durations of usually no more than 40 to 50 seconds, intake temp has not yet been a problem. But I've not yet run in high ambient temps, so to pre-empt that I'm fitting external water spray onto the IC.
Having now tried 4 different setups on the car this was the best in overall terms, power delivery being the prerequisite for me, culminating in taking 0.5 second off (my own) class record at Wiscombe hillclimb
Nice, do you ever appear at Haynes meets or Refuel Honiton? Would be great to meet a fellow owner. I’m in Frome.

I’ve long considered arranging a 4C dyno day somewhere, probably RE Performance Swindon. Will keep an eye on your posts(y)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Does Celtic offer remap for their hybrid turbo? Any mods to your transmission?

Phoenix Exhausts in Cullompton Devon made the whole system from the turbo back, incorporating a 100 cell Cat.
The only, slight, downside to the hybrid turbo is that lag now becomes obvious. Little 'urge' below 2000 but really spools up strong from 2500. For pure road use Celtic's stage 2 remap is worth considering and is certainly best value for money. Circa 300 bhp with no other mods.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only, slight, downside to the hybrid turbo is that lag now becomes obvious. Little 'urge' below 2000 but really spools up strong from 2500. For pure road use Celtic's stage 2 remap is worth considering and is certainly best value for money. Circa 300 bhp with no other mods.
Thanks for all the info, very helpful.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Celtic Stage 2 is...

Hybrid Turbo
Upgraded plumb back valve
ECU remap
TCU remap

Probably make sense to sort intake and exhaust aswell, then intercooler to make it consistent enough.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Celtic Stage 2 is...

Hybrid Turbo
Upgraded plumb back valve
ECU remap
TCU remap

Probably make sense to sort intake and exhaust aswell, then intercooler to make it consistent enough.
To correct an earlier error I made. In referring to Celtic Stage 2 tune it should really have read Stage 1+, this being purely a more 'agressive' ecu remap with no other changes. 300 bhp for just the cost of a remap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Remap comes as part of the package as outlined by Chris.
I don't have any transmission mods as yet but Alfaworks recommend uprating the diff (in their experience this is the weakest link) so this is likely to be my next upgrade.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice, do you ever appear at Haynes meets or Refuel Honiton? Would be great to meet a fellow owner. I’m in Frome.

I’ve long considered arranging a 4C dyno day somewhere, probably RE Performance Swindon. Will keep an eye on your posts(y)
I've never been to any of these meets or gatherings Chris, maybe I'll look in on one this year.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts