Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Rod, have you got any onboard videos etc with the hybrid turbo you could post? Mainly interested in how it sounds from inside vs stock
I have 2 videos which I've tried to upload but they're too big (379 and 284 mb). I can't resize them so at a loss. Also tried using Tapatalk but no success they either...!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have 2 videos which I've tried to upload but they're too big (379 and 284 mb). I can't resize them so at a loss. Also tried using Tapatalk but no success they either...!
Could you put them on youtube? You can make them 'unlisted' if you don't want random people to find them and just share the direct links here (or private message to me)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Could you put them on youtube? You can make them 'unlisted' if you don't want random people to find them and just share the direct links here (or private message to me)
Tried that, my first attempt at You Tube but the upload was going to take 2 hours and my internet connection ground to a halt. I'll try letting it run overnight.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Holy smack!! :eek::oops: Don't know whether I'd dare to do that in the woods...

I'm under the impression your 2020 run is less linear than your 2019. Corresponds to my own experience with the Race ECU (no hybrid turbo). The way the power kicks in seems to make it more on/off in behaviour, or at least in feel. Last few trackdays I got back to standard ECU, and the latest even switched ECUs on site, and I got better times with the standard, just because I have a better feel with the power delivery...

Any thoughts from your side?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Videos now on You Tube. Here are the links:

The quality seems poor, any ideas how to improve it?
Awesome. It takes time for Youtube to process the video and improve the quality, it's done now - looks fine @ 1080p50.

The noise of that hybrid is mega, you are really making me want to spend money :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
Holy smack!! :eek::oops: Don't know whether I'd dare to do that in the woods...

I'm under the impression your 2020 run is less linear than your 2019. Corresponds to my own experience with the Race ECU (no hybrid turbo). The way the power kicks in seems to make it more on/off in behaviour, or at least in feel. Last few trackdays I got back to standard ECU, and the latest even switched ECUs on site, and I got better times with the standard, just because I have a better feel with the power delivery...

Any thoughts from your side?
Ironically the 2019 run was with Alfaworks Race ecu and the 2020 with a Celtic oem remap. I think the noises from the wastegate and bov alters perception of the power delivery.
There was an unwanted gearchange on that run (at 43/44 seconds) which was partially responsible for a poor time. 45.66 seconds, my best is 43.06 but I'd forgotten to switch on the camera...!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Looks great Rod, i can get my turbo build locally and hoping Celtic will do the tune, i would need to plumb for the intercooler though for trackdays.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks great Rod, i can get my turbo build locally and hoping Celtic will do the tune, i would need to plumb for the intercooler though for trackdays.
It's well worthwhile to replace the downpipe as well. Decat is popular but I've got a 100 cell to comply with MSUK regs.
Informed opinion on here also suggests an uprated intercooler is beneficial for your trackdays.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It's well worthwhile to replace the downpipe as well. Decat is popular but I've got a 100 cell to comply with MSUK regs.
Informed opinion on here also suggests an uprated intercooler is beneficial for your trackdays.
Yes been looking at the options, would probably go for 200 cel, as Chris mentions for mot and db levels needing to get onto track days.

·
Registered
157 Posts
We really need a UK Stage wiki or something, so many options and combinations but no one seems to do know for sure what's best.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
HI Rod, really struggling to get hold of Celtic themselves re tuning a hyrbid of my own, how did you manage to contact them directly, do you have a direct number rather than the generic call centre where you just speak to a sales person who doesnt really understand what you are asking?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have you been through an MOT with 100 cell? Any decibel readings?
Not had a mot since the cat replacement. Fingers crossed, hope for the best.
Decibel readings are well under (can't remember the figures). The loss of silencing from the cat has been offset by having a bigger silencer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
HI Rod, really struggling to get hold of Celtic themselves re tuning a hyrbid of my own, how did you manage to contact them directly, do you have a direct number rather than the generic call centre where you just speak to a sales person who doesnt really understand what you are asking?
I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pm sent

21 - 38 of 38 Posts