Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I was stopped by the German police because my Alfa Romeo 4c Launch Edition was quite to loud on the Autobahn.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Sky Plant Vehicle Cloud
The measurement was 98db.So just before a shutdown, according to the police.Fortunately, the police were friendly and the Alfa Romeo was original.
Now my question:
Does anyone know this exhaust? Is it really the original? Or is it a replica?
Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Problem is growing here on the old continent. With politicians ever more Musk-horny, the ICE engine is looked at with contempt and discomfort. Most obvious part - the sound - is the first to go. Main reason why I keep my exhaust stock. Otherwise I would have gone for a @GMS one a long time ago.
Know a guy with a GT3 Touring standard exhaust that doesn’t even pass sound check at Circuit of Zolder…

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Problem is growing here on the old continent. With politicians ever more Musk-horny, the ICE engine is looked at with contempt and discomfort. Most obvious part - the sound - is the first to go. Main reason why I keep my exhaust stock. Otherwise I would have gone for a @GMS one a long time ago.
Know a guy with a GT3 Touring standard exhaust that doesn’t even pass sound check at Circuit of Zolder…
Stop electing liberals, they ruin everything

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
They want to start using a technology similar to photo radar / red light cameras in a few areas here in Ontario, but tied to microphones to ticket loud exhausts.
:mad:
Not trying to sound like @Philster (well maybe I am...) but I am starting to feel (no actually WANT) to be more disassociated with our current 'society' and where it is headed. I is like giving everyone an "equal" chance to fly the plane regardless of your technical abilities ...

Crazy, I used to crave urban life settings....now I desire a place in the mountains overlooking the ocean with a short drive to town (oh...and a 12 car garage :LOL: )

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Every automated system in the USA, from electronic tolls, red-light cameras, speeding cameras, license plate readers, electronic parking meters, permits, etc. has been implemented with great sunk cost (no ROI) layered with extensive corruption and/or reduced safety. Local jurisdictions with local halfwits getting scammed by the vendors, then scamming their own people will always ensure they are colossal disasters.

Germany's push is national from top down, and is just consistent with the obey/comply culture. I can't document when it goes too far, but I can tell when it goes too far when I see it.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
.. I can't document when it goes too far, but I can tell when it goes too far when I see it.
(Moderator edited a portion of this thread as it invoked too much political discussion - thanks)

Since we are in a period of WOKEness ...maybe another acronym
LGML
(LESS Government MORE LIFE)

and

Find Unity Care Kindness On Fairness Fundamentals (not going to spell out the characters on that one lolll)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Font Heat Geological phenomenon Event Signage

Back to the OP... everything is RELATIVE...IF someone is pushing out ear bleeding jet plane sound, then muzzle/muffle...otherwise let it be.
Oh....does that mean I can be charged for listening to The Stone's Brown Sugar in my car if someone outside can hear it?

My Prayer: Dear God, please let there be World Peace, Health and Prosperity for all, and.... Reasonableness, Amen (Oh wait....that last word is probably going to change soon.....)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts