Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
17,401 Posts
Oh....does that mean I can be charged for listening to The Stone's Brown Sugar in my car if someone outside can hear it?
Stones, no. Michael Bolton, perhaps. Anything from this millenium, definitely.

BTW, I'm afraid that I have had to edit / remove some posts here as they are getting too political.
We made the decision as moderators to keep this as a car forum. I get that topics like this are by their nature political, and i was turning a blind eye somewhat, upthread. There is a case for saying to be warned - doing nothing might get you the kind of regulation you deserve - but that's about as far as I'd like to stray from the actual original post.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,137 Posts
@lpspeedster Uggg. Yup. But not to fear bc our great leader Pelosi says if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to fear. What could possibly go wrong with any govt monitoring everyone's bank accounts? I'm sure nothing at all. And the "fine, I'll just use cash so I maintain some sense of privacy" some of us will attempt will be quickly thwarted when cashless comes around. Take my car. Tax me more. Monitor my account. Tax me more. Limit my water usage. Tax me more. Limit my speech. Strong arm almost the entire freaking developed world to tax more bc a few of us can't stop spending our grandkids' money. The world has gone mad. I suppose we can at least find amusement watching Kamala dream of moon craters with such flair and excitement. Just make sure to stop fast when you see a yellow light bc shorter yellows get more red-light tickets ;) (I'm looking at you DC)...but I digress.
The 4c is an awesome car. When returning from a dreary day of news that makes you want to fashion a tin hat, sell your dog for gold to trade later, and build a bunker against the flying drones, a late night ride is just what is needed. Top off, windows down, right foot and right pedal down, and I will dedicate the opening of the exhaust valves tonight to the German police - may they let a nice guy just enjoy his car. And please. Please, please stay far from my side of the pond.

(And by the way speedster, if you find such a spot to move to with nice weather, and a non-intrusive govt, just PM the location. I won't share it with a soul. Promise)
Guys, keep the politics out of it….It doesn’t matter who’s in. If they want to get you for noise, and your car or motorcycle is noisy, then that’s what they’ll do. My Guzzi 1100 has carbon cans, you couldn’t call them mufflers. Never been pulled over, yet. I go past stationary patrol cars in the highest gear and on the lightest of throttles. I do the same for the 4C. What I don’t do is blast through a narrow canyon of buildings at full noise in the early morning nor use full noise when leaving my residence. That only encourages complaints and makes it tough on everyone with a characterful exhaust. Been pulled over for breath tests on the bikes and the 4C and never been asked aside for a noise check. As the world turns electric, and it is in spite of some protestation, things will only get worse on the noise front as the contrast between electric and internal combustion becomes more obvious as electric numbers increase. That’ll just be the reality of it, not that I agree at all.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Not trying to sound like @Philster (well maybe I am...) but I am starting to feel (no actually WANT) to be more disassociated with our current 'society' and where it is headed. I is like giving everyone an "equal" chance to fly the plane regardless of your technical abilities ...

Crazy, I used to crave urban life settings....now I desire a place in the mountains overlooking the ocean with a short drive to town (oh...and a 12 car garage :LOL: )
Me too and I’m there now.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,357 Posts
Thank God I live in Texas. They don't even care if you don't install the front license plate
Here in Michigan there are no front license plates 😍
Being THE US car state (Detroit), you see all kinds of cars driving around that are loud, with outrageous mods, and as close to full race as you can get. Love it ;-)

·
Administrator
17,401 Posts
Maybe i am wrong but is Sector 111 a big Lotus outfit for parts and accessories?
Yes, and Shinoo moved to include the 4C (another light ethos car) when the Alfa was first released.

Now Inokinetic, he still has some parts for our cars.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Not original, but original is same level of dB. The reason this is allowed is that the car is built according to limited production exemption in EU. (Keep this in mind when people start to whine the 4C was not a sales success - it was literally designed not to be).
Other things that can happen to you:
  • Get black flagged at a race circuit that has noise level regulations. Yes, legal for the street, illegal for the circuit. Thank all those sociopaths that build a house next to a track and then complain about the noise - and find politicians of the green taliban to support them.
  • Get questioned about it during your periodic car check (if you have one in your country). Over in Belgium, there was someone who actually needed to contact the importer for the paperwork to prove his exhaust was standard and legal.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts