Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I would like to suggest a Project Area on the forum.
Were you can post thing that you "transform" or do in your 4C.

Or theres is already exist? couldn´t find.

Thank you.

Flavio

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
Not a bad idea....although....there is an area for Performance related and also one for What did you do to your car today.

What you are suggesting could include larger projects beyond just a mod or two and mods that take some time to engineer, build, and test.

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
Maybe we'll see if we can create a "Build Threads" area, for people to start threads chronicling the work they do on their cars. Kind of like what Call me Al has done from time to time.
Put all together, they would be easier for people to find if they want to reference something that someone has done before.

TBH, there are more people modding their 4C's than I had ever expected.

Right now, the administrators are busy with the migration of a lot of their forums to a new platform. Their assistance is required to create this. So I think we'll wait for them to finish before asking them for this.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I´m asking is simply an area where I and other users can show what they are doing in their cars.. from a simple wheel change "cosmetic" mod to deep and complex builds or changes in their cars.
And of course in my opinion will be easier to find all the things that someone already have done.

And by the way.. a D.I.Y. area were nice members with all the patience of the world and willing to share... the "how-to" of simple things or the "ninja" ...do at your own risk stuff.

Thank you.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Think this is a great idea!!
Can even be tutorials and project trajects. E.g. you want to do a suspension mod: what options are there, and then links to those mods.

Exciting times!!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I have opened a discussion with the mod team about this to make sure they are on board. I like the idea personally, I just want to make sure we will have the coverage to help with it.
-Philip
Coverage to create a new section on the forum?

It should take longer to log in with your admin credentials then it would to create the new section.
Yes, it is literally that simple.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The Nissan Xterra forum I belong to has a "Member's Xterra" sub-forum, where owners create their own project/build threads. It's a great idea, particularly for the off-roading crowd where the modifications can be extensive as you may imagine (e.g., swap independent front suspension for solid axle; various lifts; lockers; winches; rescue/recovery gear; camping gear, etc.).

Should be as easy as setting a dedicated sub-forum and publishing some basic guidelines.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Note:

This new "Showcase" feature might be just what you guys need to share build pics and info.

https://www.4c-forums.com/showcase/

Jeff M
I guess not.

Showcase is even not in the full listing of the forum.

And having our projects in same place than Ducato Hymer... please... don't do that... eheheheheh😅

Please add simply a 4C Project Area... as simple as that,.

I once suggest in the Stelvio Forum.. and they have done it.
My Stelvio is there. (Diesel QV edition)

Thank you guys.

Flavio

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi guys.. did you forget about opening a new sub forum for the 4C project section?
thank you

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
Thanks for reminding us.....will see what is happening to create this. I know that some are in vacation mode so hope to see action soon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts