Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Literally just watched this. Hopefully someone can rescue this as there's a great 4C coupe here, especially with Carbon roof and interior. Rob really has no idea what he has.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I sent that to @John4C yesterday soon after it aired as I thought he would add it to his collection :D ....one of the only things I could agree with 'BoB' on was how relatively cheap the CF options are on the 4C vs. Ferrari (or Porsche and even MINI for that matter!!).

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
That video is hilarious.. He complains about car buyers and all I could think is how annoying some of the sellers are...

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I sent that to @John4C yesterday soon after it aired as I thought he would add it to his collection :D ....one of the only things I could agree with 'BoB' on was how relatively cheap the CF options are on the 4C vs. Ferrari (or Porsche and even MINI for that matter!!).
I tried contacting him. No response. It was a sponsored video so it’s possible the whole scenario is BS

·
Registered
283 Posts
He has one of the early Acura NSX s and thinks that the later "non"- flip up, exposed headlights look good. That should tell you something. Why he would think that, this "after thought" looks good is beyond me! But the older flip up lights do look good.
Don't see why the new NSX gets such bad press. I like it ! Maybe because it just costs to much ?

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,953 Posts
So he stored it for 3 years and gets to keep it, please let this happen to me! That's one hell of a payday
Just how does a mechanics lien work? I thought that he gets the lien amount back plus expenses after a sale and the rest goes to the original owner or bank if they hold the loan on a car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When they show up they will invariably say this is not White and they will find other issues. There might be paint damage under the wrap which they have to pay to remove. There may be accident claims and the wheels are not the specified wheels. There is a reason that dealers have the reputation that they have (for the record. my dealer John Scotti was honest and fantastic) but the minority 90% of them that are shady screw it up for the remaining majority who are honest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just how does a mechanics lien work? I thought that he gets the lien amount back plus expenses after a sale and the rest goes to the original owner or bank if they hold the loan on a car.
If a person or company is owed money for doing work, the lien is placed on the vehicle and if it is not paid, then full ownership is transferred to that new lien holder. There are certain criteria such as you have to have possession of the vehicle for a certain amount of time and give notice to the original lien holder of the balance do. If the original lien holder does not pay, ownership is then transferred completely as payment.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've never been a fan of that guy, seems very shady.
I met him at the Philly auto show a few times after watching SuperSpeeders. I like Rob, but I cant stand his friend Matt Farah that does the Smoking Tire videos. Matt's up there with Doug Demuro on my cringe list.

Reactions: HeavyFoot

·
Registered
87 Posts
I met him at the Philly auto show a few times after watching SuperSpeeders. I like Rob, but I cant stand his friend Matt Farah that does the Smoking Tire videos. Matt's up there with Doug Demuro on my cringe list.
They have become walking commercials.
They make a lot of money for not working. lol

·
Registered
2015 4C Coupe
80 Posts
Just saw this and wow it was painful. "I thought it was going to be worth like 35 grand". Did you not look up a single thing about the car before making a video on it? Oh, must have just been to try and make the sponsor look better. Which gets us to the true meaning of "selling out", when you sacrifice making yourself look bad to make someone giving you money look better i.e. most modern automotive journalists.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts