Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi boys, I've just booked in for this day,same deal as previously posted I've told Luke to hold 5 spots for me, so come on guys let's try to make it a 4C line up.馃憤馃憤

Super Moderator
I鈥檒l see what I can do, Dario but can鈥檛 make any promises at present. Bathroom reno, removing a tree in the backyard that requires a professional and the big one (service) coming up and not working this term.
How many sessions do you get and what kind of instruction is offered for the money?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I鈥檒l see what I can do, Dario but can鈥檛 make any promises at present. Bathroom reno, removing a tree in the backyard that requires a professional and the big one (service) coming up and not working this term.
How many sessions do you get and what kind of instruction is offered for the money?
With the half day you still get 5 to 6 20min outings which i feel is sufficient, yes instructors are on tap also.

Registered
Hi Dario,

Full disclosure - I am not an employee of the Australian Racing Driver's Club - ARDC and I get no kick-back for promoting them.

I'm a bit of a tight-arse so I try to save some $ where I can. ARDC offer a similar experience at the SMSP with 50% off for two sessions included with your annual membership. Car enthusiast membership is only $95 per year Australian Racing Drivers Club Memberships - Membership Management Software (joinit.org)

IMG_1994.PNG

For example there is a night session at SMSP on 4 March 2021 and again on 18 March 2021 from 6.30 pm - 10.30 pm on the Brabham extended circuit (meaning you will get 4 x 20 sessions) for $249 including GST - 50% discount = $124.50 + $95 membership if you are not a member = $219.50 divided by 4 = $54.87 per 20 minute session. There are three groups running, so you get one run per hour & instructors are on hand, (but with COVID restrictions, last time I was there they were not getting in the cars).

Your sessions may have better driving instructors for all I know, and you may be getting a couple of extra sessions and a snack included, but the track is the same. $605 for six sessions is $100.83 per session. You are probably running two groups, so you get a run every 40 mins, which doesn't give you much time between sessions (which can be a good thing unless you need to grab a tank of fuel).

I guess you have to factor in your travel time too - I live 20 minutes from that track, so it's no big deal for me to get there.

If I were go to both of these night sessions it will cost me 2 x $124.50 + $95 membership = $344 for a total of 8 sessions ($43 per session) leaving me $261 for food and snacks over two nights and two extra sessions on track for the same money.

Having said all that, I haven't been to SMSP under lights yet - they have LED towers installed all around the circuit and it us reported to be like driving in the daytime (though I will believe that when I see it). I plan on going to the next night session as a spectator to see what the lighting and driving standards are like with the night time crowd.

So I guess what I am really saying is thanks for the offer, but count me out of this one Dario.

Cheers,

Martin.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dario,

Full disclosure - I am not an employee of the Australian Racing Driver's Club - ARDC and I get no kick-back for promoting them.

I'm a bit of a tight-arse so I try to save some $ where I can. ARDC offer a similar experience at the SMSP with 50% off for two sessions included with your annual membership. Car enthusiast membership is only $95 per year Australian Racing Drivers Club Memberships - Membership Management Software (joinit.org)

View attachment 114512

For example there is a night session at SMSP on 4 March 2021 and again on 18 March 2021 from 6.30 pm - 10.30 pm on the Brabham extended circuit (meaning you will get 4 x 20 sessions) for $249 including GST - 50% discount = $124.50 + $95 membership if you are not a member = $219.50 divided by 4 = $54.87 per 20 minute session. There are three groups running, so you get one run per hour & instructors are on hand, (but with COVID restrictions, last time I was there they were not getting in the cars).

Your sessions may have better driving instructors for all I know, and you may be getting a couple of extra sessions and a snack included, but the track is the same. $605 for six sessions is $100.83 per session. You are probably running two groups, so you get a run every 40 mins, which doesn't give you much time between sessions (which can be a good thing unless you need to grab a tank of fuel).

I guess you have to factor in your travel time too - I live 20 minutes from that track, so it's no big deal for me to get there.

If I were go to both of these night sessions it will cost me 2 x $124.50 + $95 membership = $344 for a total of 8 sessions ($43 per session) leaving me $261 for food and snacks over two nights and two extra sessions on track for the same money.

Having said all that, I haven't been to SMSP under lights yet - they have LED towers installed all around the circuit and it us reported to be like driving in the daytime (though I will believe that when I see it). I plan on going to the next night session as a spectator to see what the lighting and driving standards are like with the night time crowd.

So I guess what I am really saying is thanks for the offer, but count me out of this one Dario.

Cheers,

Martin.
All good Martin,each to there own on this for sure.What I can say is for an event that I would do on this track 2 -3 times a year I would gladly pay this amount to a organisation like the Longroup knowing that guys on track are pretty responsible and usually placed only by invite. There's alot of top end cars in among us on these days, so there is i feel a bit more diligence around. ( remember no insurance cover here') I have heard of these night sessions and also of the behavioural seen, but i would try it anyway.I have in my time come to the conclusion, (not always) but usually get what you pay for. Oh and the Coffee is buonisimo.
Cheers Dario.

Registered
Sounds good... one day I'll do it, If I could be bothered to put my Michelin 4s's on (which have been sitting in my garage for the past year 馃檮).

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good... one day I'll do it, If I could be bothered to put my Michelin 4s's on (which have been sitting in my garage for the past year 馃檮).
Hurry up Joe before those tyres go off 馃ぃ馃ぃ I know you are, we are very busy, but man give yourself a Kitcat sometimes.See you soon馃槣

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe I should have started a new thread, I have just booked that night session on the 30th March.Hopefully it won't rain, there seems to be 12 places left so maybe see some of you there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts