Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,746 Posts
This is my family owl story. The house my family owned as I grew up was located in a town called Eureka in Northern California. It was about 1 block from a large redwood forest. The house was L shaped with one of the legs of the house housing the living room which had large picture windows on opposite walls. When we first moved there in 1957 we found that birds would look through both of the windows and assume it was a clear opening through the house. A couple of birds crashed into the window....later we installed sheer curtains to prevent this. Before we did block it off an owl tried to fly through the window and dazed itself. My mom heard the loud bang and saw the owl move to a tree in our back yard. It than proceeded to pass out and hung upside down by its talons. My mom ran out with a dish towel and caught the owl just as it fell from the branch. She put the towel down on the grass and in a few minutes it regained consciousness and after flexing itself for a few seconds flew off.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Owls love my big garage. That's their preferred lookout. It's just about the time of year when the big ones start migrating through. They make a racket at night.

We have enormous hawks and a few eagles here too. But, ever since roads and automobiles got invented, the Buzzard is our state bird. I hit one of those with a flap once. Uncomfortably close to the jet intake and windscreen.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I’m finally applying to remove the condition on my green card. I’m getting close to becoming an American citizen.

I also went for a drive today and I feel blessed. Buying a 4C was a dream. I grew up somewhat poor and I was never good at school. But hard work pays off and I’m finally in a career that I love and things are great.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts