Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Alfa Romeo 4c with 1773 miles on the clock original owner. All service done which includes belts bolt tightening oil change etc. Can share entire service history

Attached window sticker for factory options

Options
Track pack
Red interior
Race exhaust

Modifications
TITAN 7 wheels wrapped in mpps
Koshi front lip
MF exhaust
Front, fenders, skirts, partial door, rear fender, roof all wrapped in suntek

Reason for selling
Never drive it at all and with another little one on the way I think it's very impractical for right now..other option is just keep on the lift and drive it whenever I can even though its rare.

Asking price
View attachment WindowStickerPDF.pdf

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: GIG5 and Mahjik

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry window sticker wasn't attached properly

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sad but might be true and it was second one

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Yes definitely sell it. Your mileage tells me it was never a keeper for you. I did that much mileage in my first 6 months of ownership hence why my 2017 has 18k on it. Good luck with the sale.
That’s not really fair. People are at different stages of their lives and despite wanting to drive more, somehow going out for a leisure drive is often the first thing that gets bumped.

IIRC @prophizee got this car within weeks of having his daughter, so I’m sure he would’ve liked to drive this more but let’s not make judgement that he didn’t have as much time to enjoy this between being a new father and his other life responsibilities.

This is a beauty btw and GLWS!

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
That’s not really fair. People are at different stages of their lives and despite wanting to drive more, somehow going out for a leisure drive is often the first thing that gets bumped.

IIRC @prophizee got this car within weeks of having his daughter, so I’m sure he would’ve liked to drive this more but let’s not make judgement that he didn’t have as much time to enjoy this between being a new father and his other life responsibilities.

I wasn’t judging, just observing. The car wasn’t a keeper, for admirable reasons. Ok now?!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was going to say, this was your second one. Well, three is the charm. It’s a beauty, glws

2016 4c Coupe
2018 4c Spider
1993 Spider Veloce

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks John like I said just testing the waters see what the market is. Between the gtr and this I haven't been able to drive either. The gtr is easier cause I can put a baby seat in there. I really don't want to get rid of the 4c but I am thinking with my head not my heart and other extremities lol

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
@prophizee - As much as I love the 4C, I think it might be worthwhile for you to sell the car and get the most $ out of it. However, it all comes down to $$$$, and your financial situation. For me, even if I only drive the car 1500 miles/year, I would have ZERO desire to sell it. I personally think that the car will be a classic car, and it ALWAYS makes me smile when I drive. I even kind of regret modifying my car as much as I have, but since I'm going to keep it for my pleasure, it doesn't really matter. However, my situation is different from yours. All of my cars are paid for, my house is almost completely paid off, and my wife and I are in a good stable financial situation. If you are even pondering it, then I think that speaks a1000 words, it is time to let it go to another owner.... Just my 2 cents...

Reactions: Alfanut and FLORO

·
Super Moderator
10,137 Posts
@prophizee - As much as I love the 4C, I think it might be worthwhile for you to sell the car and get the most $ out of it. However, it all comes down to $$$$, and your financial situation. For me, even if I only drive the car 1500 miles/year, I would have ZERO desire to sell it. I personally think that the car will be a classic car, and it ALWAYS makes me smile when I drive. I even kind of regret modifying my car as much as I have, but since I'm going to keep it for my pleasure, it doesn't really matter. However, my situation is different from yours. All of my cars are paid for, my house is almost completely paid off, and my wife and I are in a good stable financial situation. If you are even pondering it, then I think that speaks a1000 words, it is time to let it go to another owner.... Just my 2 cents...
Then again, the kids grow up really quickly and before he knows it they’ll be asking him about the photographs of that Alfa they’ve seen on his computer. They’ll then ask him why didn’t he keep it to take them for a drive in. Disappointment all ‘round.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
@Alfanut - true... There is always one that gets away... I don't know a petrohead that doesn't regret selling at least one car. One of my older friends had a original Shelby Cobra...need I say more?

Reactions: Alfanut

·
Registered
196 Posts
Think about when your daughter gets older and says" Daddy, why did you sell the beautiful car". Wait a few years if you can, and see where the market goes. I'm guessing six figures may be attainable. Congrats on the baby.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys. So just a little background, financially we are okay right now. Not a 10 out of 10 but a solid 7-10. My salary was cut by 20% during the pandemic. But that's because I'm in the hospitality industry; so with covid it's been pretty brutal and we had to do what we had to do to survive as a company. But the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter each day. The only reason for testing these waters is because every Sunday I leave for the week and see both the cars just sitting there itching to be driven and that makes me upset. Then on Saturday when i do have the time we go and do family stuff so again not driven. But like I said I hoping all this traveling and lack of staffing changes real fast and then I can be local again and be able to drive both the cars. But that's one thing I don't see changing that fast so that's why we are where we are at. And yes I do still owe money on the Alfa, the gtr is mine and I still owe some money on the house. Savings are a little low due to covid but no credit card debt or any real financial setbacks due to both of us working trough it all. Bottom line is the reason for this or even considering this is just lack of driving it. And if am going to sell it I rather do it now with how the used car market is. If I don't do it now then I'll wait till as we all hope the car comes a collector vehicle and I can flip it for oodles of money lol.

Reactions: Alfanut

·
Registered
705 Posts
The gtr is easier cause I can put a baby seat in there.
I have two kids under 6 and the fact I can't fit a baby seat is the exact reason why I have my 4C.

So if you have a fully practical and a somewhat practical car and can see yourself swinging the remaining payments, I'd keep it personally.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It comes down to the GTR or the 4C, whichever you like better. You have a car for the car seats so that shouldn't factor in your decision. What year GTR and what's the mileage?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gtr is 2016 with 2400 bought brand new

Reactions: Mahjik

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Wow. a 2017 with 1700 miles and a 2016 with 2400... You really are struggling to find the time to drive these. I tend to think you should sell one just based on that. The market is too good to not cash out one. Keep one to enjoy when you do have the (rare) opportunity to drive it. I almost lean towards you keeping the GTR as it is a bit more family friendly and probably more useable (in theory).

That said, all my unsolicited opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts