Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

Registered
Wow. a 2017 with 1700 miles and a 2016 with 2400... You really are struggling to find the time to drive these. I tend to think you should sell one just based on that. The market is too good to not cash out one. Keep one to enjoy when you do have the (rare) opportunity to drive it. I almost lean towards you keeping the GTR as it is a bit more family friendly and probably more useable (in theory).

That said, all my unsolicited opinion, so take it for what it's worth.
John just wants to buy and fart in this one, too.

Registered
1773 miles: I am usually the first asshole to say this is criminal and neglectful, but that's why you're selling it, so I agree that if you can't use it, it might be time to convert it to cash.

Sell that tire/wheel package separately.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah I agree and that's awesome but my daughter is 2.5 and my lady would kill me if I had her in the front hahahahah

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Registered
I take my 6 year old for 4C rides all the time.
Lucky you. I was training my kids to enjoy spirited drives since they were little and if it is an occasional on-ramp, they like it and even ask for it but when we were in Sequoia National park and I had to drive 1h up and down each day on a nice curved road (in my BMW with Dinan springs), my son got motion sick the second day and since that it was fun over. I won't be getting a child seat for the 4C anytime soon.

Oh yes, and my wife would not allow them to go to the front seat either, I bet.

Registered
Yeah I agree and that's awesome but my daughter is 2.5 and my lady would kill me if I had her in the front hahahahah

Cute pic. I did a lot of research on the topic. 40 lbs seemed to be the lowest weight to start using a Booster (which is what I have), as apposed to a convertible seat. So, mine hit 40 lbs at about 6.5yrs old and in she went. She loves it. Asks me to make sharp turns and constantly yells "do Race mode!" I actually keep it under the speed limit, but I do turn at speed so it's alot of fun for her.

Registered
Lucky you. I was training my kids to enjoy spirited drives since they were little and if it is an occasional on-ramp, they like it and even ask for it but when we were in Sequoia National park and I had to drive 1h up and down each day on a nice curved road (in my BMW with Dinan springs), my son got motion sick the second day and since that it was fun over. I won't be getting a child seat for the 4C anytime soon.

Oh yes, and my wife would not allow them to go to the front seat either, I bet.
My wife only rode in it once and got car sick. So no more for her. My daughter is on track to grow up to be a Turtle Dr, Astronaut, Race Car Driver and a Butterfly breeder in her spare time.

Registered
Cute pic. I did a lot of research on the topic. 40 lbs seemed to be the lowest weight to start using a Booster (which is what I have), as apposed to a convertible seat. So, mine hit 40 lbs at about 6.5yrs old and in she went. She loves it. Asks me to make sharp turns and constantly yells "do Race mode!" I actually keep it under the speed limit, but I do turn at speed so it's alot of fun for her.
Did you disable the airbag? I asked twice but they told me it can't be done on US spec cars

Registered
OP, I was, and kind of still am, in a similar situation. Work long hours during the week, and the weekend is family time and stuff around the house. I sold a few cars over the years due to lack of driving opportunity, and I regret selling each one of them. The 4C isn't going anywhere unless it's to buy another car. If I can't drive it, it will age gracefully in the garage. It won't spoil sitting there.

Registered
I take my 6 year old for 4C rides all the time.
Because the airbag cannot be disabled, at most we go around the neighborhood and I've been that guy in the school pickup line a few times, but the school is only about a mile away.

Our four year old loves the acceleration of EVs though. So any chance she gets to be in an electric car, she's all over it. She's just recently starting to like the 4C.

Registered
OP, I was, and kind of still am, in a similar situation. Work long hours during the week, and the weekend is family time and stuff around the house. I sold a few cars over the years due to lack of driving opportunity, and I regret selling each one of them. The 4C isn't going anywhere unless it's to buy another car. If I can't drive it, it will age gracefully in the garage. It won't spoil sitting there.
I took advantage of remote work, I blocked Friday mornings in my calendar and I go for a ride every week, when the mountain roads are empty. I catch up with work in the evenings (I rather drive than watch yet another show in the evening) or on Saturday afternoons when kids have (also remote) lessons. Since at least hybrid work is there to stay, at least in tech, I can do that for quite some time, I expect. My boss once told me, work smarter not harder and at that time I was upset but over time I saw the positive message in this statement.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Again guys thanks for all the advice and kind words.....my wife saw my post yesterday and assured me that there was no need to sell the 4c unless I wanted to get something else. Informing me that she has known me long enough and knows that if I sell I will quickly get the itch of getting something new to replace it...so with a gracious heart I ask the moderators (clear my throat sound) 4ccanada that when you would come in lol please close this thread.

Registered
I too have a 2.5 year old and a 1 month old and thought about selling the 4C. I spoke to a couple of interested parties and realised I couldn't go through with it. It would be very hard to find a similar spec car for the selling price once I inevitably changed my mind.

So mine is also in the garage, rarely being driven. However, I recently found out that our travel car seat fits it perfectly and my 2 year old absolutely loves going on dad's "racing car" giving mommy a break and being able to focus on our newborn and giving my oldest the undivided attention he missed

Super Moderator
I too have a 2.5 year old and a 1 month old and thought about selling the 4C. I spoke to a couple of interested parties and realised I couldn't go through with it. It would be very hard to find a similar spec car for the selling price once I inevitably changed my mind.

So mine is also in the garage, rarely being driven. However, I recently found out that our travel car seat fits it perfectly and my 2 year old absolutely loves going on dad's "racing car" giving mommy a break and being able to focus on our newborn and giving my oldest the undivided attention he missed
Great to see you鈥檝e got it worked out so nicely, Hungernail. And what鈥檚 more, everyone鈥檚 happy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
His name is Apollo and yup he is a chow chow, sadly though he did pass away last year due to seizures. He was 10 but he preferred the daily driver lol the other cars were to loud for him he would freak out lol. But he was an amazing dog and amazing friend

Premium Member
I took advantage of remote work, I blocked Friday mornings in my calendar and I go for a ride every week, when the mountain roads are empty. I catch up with work in the evenings (I rather drive than watch yet another show in the evening) or on Saturday afternoons when kids have (also remote) lessons. Since at least hybrid work is there to stay, at least in tech, I can do that for quite some time, I expect. My boss once told me, work smarter not harder and at that time I was upset but over time I saw the positive message in this statement.
This is a great idea. I am a little bit in the situation that @Rick R described and with some other stuff going on this year my 4C miles logged in 2021 is embarrassingly low - by far the lowest it鈥檚 ever been. It is getting late in the season here so they'll go into hibernation soon but I may try that before the season is officially over.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts