Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have insomnia, averaging three hours per night. So I usually get all my work done after 9pm and I hang out with the kids during the day.

With my wife's schedule changing week to week, I usually go for a drive late in the evening the day before one of her days off, or I pick a restaurant we like on her day off that's 45 minutes to an hour away and take the long route there for carryout.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The car appears to be in New Jersey. Is that correct? I DM'd you with no reply
Just responded to your dm

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 4C
42 Posts
The 4C is so loved by women, 4C owners get this free pass often. I bet if OP was in the same position with a Porsche Boxter, she be like sorry honey, but with the baby coming… :(
Lol
Had to reply as I found this also to be true. None of my previous cars matched the attention that the 4C gets, and truthfully, from women. When I brought mine back the first night, my neighbor saw it and said 'although her husband is sad that the GT3 is gone, she really likes how the 4C looks'; walking away and looking back at it from the entrance to the supermarket, found a middle aged lady admiring it as she pushed her cart past.

Very interesting.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Don't know what it is like in the US but here in the UK, the prices that old (or rare) cars are fetching has gone ballistic. People are investing in cars as they would into artwork. That should bode well for you if you decide to keep either/both of your fantastic cars. Factor in low mileages and deirability and price goes up even more. Take a 5 year's time view and you should see a material increase in capital whilst you stil enjoy, albeit sparingly, the use of 2 fantastic cars. The 4C will easily increase beyond its original sticker price and you are not yet there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes definitely sell it. Your mileage tells me it was never a keeper for you. I did that much mileage in my first 6 months of ownership hence why my 2017 has 18k on it. Good luck with the sale.
I fail to agree with this statement. I have a 2017 car with 25k miles on it...24k of those miles I put on it myself. In the same way that you urged him to sell his car via comparing your miles to his, how would you like it if I made the same comparison? I.e. "you only have 18k miles on your car!? I have 25k! You should sell yours." Mileage is relative. Who's to say that he hasn't gotten the same amount of enjoyment if not more than you have despite having fewer miles. Get off your mileage high horse and stop critiquing lives that aren't your own.

·
Registered
gtv6 3.0, Stelvio Ti
313 Posts
What a cool pair of cars, so totally different. I’d be keeping the 4C but if you don’t have another DD then the GT-R because of the kids.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
I fail to agree with this statement. I have a 2017 car with 25k miles on it...24k of those miles I put on it myself. In the same way that you urged him to sell his car via comparing your miles to his, how would you like it if I made the same comparison? I.e. "you only have 18k miles on your car!? I have 25k! You should sell yours." Mileage is relative. Who's to say that he hasn't gotten the same amount of enjoyment if not more than you have despite having fewer miles. Get off your mileage high horse and stop critiquing lives that aren't your own.
No, you failed to comprehend the post or it’s intent. You have replied in error. There was no “mileage high horse” riding at all. I observed that the guy doesn’t drive the car so would be better off selling it. The fact that he will soon have another child, dependent on him only added to that feeling.
If the OP was a billionaire to whom the value was irrelevant, the thread would not have been started. It was the OP who first asked others opinions about him selling his car, not me.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
What a cool pair of cars, so totally different. I’d be keeping the 4C but if you don’t have another DD then the GT-R because of the kids.
Thanks brother...I do have a daily it's a leased vehicle.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
No, you failed to comprehend the post or it’s intent. You have replied in error. There was no “mileage high horse” riding at all. I observed that the guy doesn’t drive the car so would be better off selling it. The fact that he will soon have another child, dependent on him only added to that feeling.
If the OP was a billionaire to whom the value was irrelevant, the thread would not have been started. It was the OP who first asked others opinions about him selling his car, not me.
You're still jumping to conclusions. Stop analyzing the OPs life and relax. The OP liked my previous comment and he liked and supported the comment of another that told you that your post wasn't fair. Move along. Getting upset It isn't worth your blood pressure

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
You're still jumping to conclusions. Stop analyzing the OPs life and relax. The OP liked my previous comment and he liked and supported the comment of another that told you that your post wasn't fair. Move along. Getting upset It isn't worth your blood pressure
I was just responding to a personal attack, quite calmly. Did you really miss that? Or is perpetuating discord your sole objective?
Your entire post is just fiction to provoke. Either that or you are mentally impaired.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I wanted ro stay out of this one but @Pharmacyboy101 who is calling the kettle black.
Your the one that needs to chill and check your blood pressure.
Everyone has an opinion to share on this forum.
F….. grow up if the op gave you a like.Does it make you feel better?
Why would @FLORO make judgement. He doesn’t know the op personally.
COVID lockdowns have affected you I think 🤔

·
Registered
1 Posts
Assuming this is still available, is there a way for someone who doesn’t meet the requirements to send a private message to get in touch with you? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Assuming this is still available, is there a way for someone who doesn’t meet the requirements to send a private message to get in touch with you? Thank you.
You should be able to now. The requirement to send a PM is that you need to have made a post (at least that’s what it used to be). Try again now though.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts