Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Cheers Mate

Supreme

will down load get it Bound in leather and gold tooling to go with Italian
4C car manual, shelf spare on book shelves in garage, next to my funnel and dipstick and phillips screwdriver for lightning fast screenwash fill up (just like pitstop F1)

No really thanks K

Virul;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Cool, I was planning to have it printed and done as a hard cover book depending on cost ;)
What size did you do it? A4?

Thanks
because they have set a double page spread to each page, it takes a bit of setting up. There may be a simpler way, but this is how I did it:
1) open in Adobe reader
2) select "poster" tab under print
3) tile scale it to the biggest such that it prints each double page spread as 2 tiles (i.e.one page per page of A4) depending on your printer it will be around 85%
4) print

you will now have whole book printed one-sided, a page per sheet

5) now the tricky bit. Arrange the printed sheets so that when you print the backs you get the right backs printed on the right pages. I think the sequence is: inside front cover, front cover, p2, p1, p4, p3, p6, p5, .... I don't have it in front of me but suggest you try this with with the first 2 or 3 pages to make sure it is right (and backs are not upside down)
6) when you have run the print the second time you will have end up with 2 double sided brochures.

Good luck :)

Alternatively, I can produce them at £20 a pop with laminated front and back covers. If I sell 5,000 I'll have enough profit to be able afford a 4c

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi guys,

I am going to have this book printed professionally. This is the description and quote I got; please let me know if anyone is interested as the more we order the cheaper it will be. I am happy to ship them but obviously I will have to charge for that:

A4 landscape
Hardback cover printed and gloss laminated
64 pp inners printed on 170 silk

Price

1 x £100.00 + vat and delivery
5 x £55.00 each + vat and delivery
10 x £45.00 each + vat and delivery

·
Registered
446 Posts
I was told not an issue as it doesn't say anywhere that it is covered by copyright. It is a pdf presentation that they sent the press....so no copyright there.
If we copied and reprinted a book that might be a different story.

PS I am getting on done for me :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Not sure how long as I first want to understand how many people want it and then I will get timing details.
I am in London so I can send it anywhere. I will obviously have to charge postage.

It will be LE as I am not going to have them printed in more than 20 copies. ;)

·
Registered
446 Posts
One of the twenty please Deppio

Can it be marked Limited Edition, 1 of etc.?

Virul:heart
I will definitely ask to have a mark somewhere to write the Limited edition n.
It will be maximum 20 but could well be less. I have 3 for now including me and I will give it a week or so before confirming the order to give enough people the time to decide.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts