Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,675 Posts
I just had the service done for this for the first time at 13,500 km (mine is a 2016 4c spider).

It was done in London Alfa Maserati and was 550 CAD. I thought that was pretty good considering what I have read about.

They didn't find anything - but I'm not easy on the car (track it) and our roads are terrible so it got a lot of vibration so figured might as well do it.
Saw your car up on the hoist over the holidays!

That is a great price. Thanks for sharing.

I’ve got one to do there in a couple of months.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I just had the service done for this for the first time at 13,500 km (mine is a 2016 4c spider).

It was done in London Alfa Maserati and was 550 CAD. I thought that was pretty good considering what I have read about.

They didn't find anything - but I'm not easy on the car (track it) and our roads are terrible so it got a lot of vibration so figured might as well do it.
Wait- London did your bolt service for $550??? They quoted me $1144.13

·
Registered
27 Posts

They quoted me 1100 but I guess it didn't take as long - OR. I got them to do a bunch of other stuff at the same time so mabye that saved on the bolt tightening because they had to take stuff apart for the other stuff (oil change, filters, wheels off, brake check etc). I'd just ask him if he thinks it could cost less - not sure. Don't say you got it from me lol

·
Registered
27 Posts

Saw your car up on the hoist over the holidays!

That is a great price. Thanks for sharing.

I’ve got one to do there in a couple of months.
That was it! What were you doing there - time for a new one lol

PS I saw the video of that track day online - that was fun to watch our 2 cars out there. Counting down the days for better weather

·
Registered
943 Posts

They quoted me 1100 but I guess it didn't take as long - OR. I got them to do a bunch of other stuff at the same time so mabye that saved on the bolt tightening because they had to take stuff apart for the other stuff (oil change, filters, wheels off, brake check etc). I'd just ask him if he thinks it could cost less - not sure. Don't say you got it from me lol
lol. “An anonymous person” just got a 4c bolt tightening for $550. Lol 😉

·
Super Moderator
13,675 Posts
That was it! What were you doing there - time for a new one lol

PS I saw the video of that track day online - that was fun to watch our 2 cars out there. Counting down the days for better weather
Naw, no new ones in my future just yet. :wink2:

Weather - well, compared to a normal winter, we cannot really complain just yet. I saw a guy I think you know, yellow Porsche in that video, on Saturday at the grocery store. His son discovered that video too. And like us, he can’t wait for spring. Hope to see you out there soon. Already booked for the first Sunday in May! Hence, I should look into this service for April.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I contacted the AR dealer in the Oklahoma City area (the only one in the entire state of OK that I know of) and a female service advisor, after putting me on a moderate hold, came back and quoted me a price of $1830 for the bolt tightening on my 2016 4C which included an oil change and told me if I didn’t have the service done that my “...wheels and stuff could fall off the car...”.

Needless to say, I won’t be taking my vehicle there. I’m not a fan of scare tactics. Besides, I’m a 30+ year aviation maintenance technician and I know my way around the nuts and bolts any vehicle. I don’t trust anyone to touch my vehicles.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I contacted the AR dealer in the Oklahoma City area (the only one in the entire state of OK that I know of) and a female service advisor, after putting me on a moderate hold, came back and quoted me a price of $1830 for the bolt tightening on my 2016 4C which included an oil change and told me if I didn’t have the service done that my “...wheels and stuff could fall off the car...”.

Needless to say, I won’t be taking my vehicle there. I’m not a fan of scare tactics. Besides, I’m a 30+ year aviation maintenance technician and I know my way around the nuts and bolts any vehicle. I don’t trust anyone to touch my vehicles.
Totally insane price. Wow

·
Registered
757 Posts

I suspect they're scared sxxtless about working the car period and pro-actively factor in hours of learning on torquing and panel fitment... Someone once posted a photo of his headlights completely out of wack after bolt tightning service saying that his dealer "fixed them to specifications".

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking at a local 4C for sale, in the greater Milwaukee area
Has not had the bolt service done. I called the local Alfa dealership, International Autos, for a quote
Took 3 different phone calls to finally get a quote. #1, I had to leave a message, asking for a quote. #2, their scheduling lady called me, had no clue on a cost, but wanted me to book an appointment and setup an account. #3, finally connected with a tech.
"We have never seen a 4C come through our doors"
Drum roll please.....
"It's going to be $3600. Requires 24hrs of service at $150/hr. I'm going to see if the service manage can work with you, but the book says its going to take 24hrs"
WTF

·
Registered
326 Posts
Has not had the bolt service done. I called the local Alfa dealership, International Autos, for a quote
Took 3 different phone calls to finally get a quote. #1, I had to leave a message, asking for a quote. #2, their scheduling lady called me, had no clue on a cost, but wanted me to book an appointment and setup an account. #3, finally connected with a tech.
Drum roll please.....
"It's going to be $3600. Requires 24hrs of service at $150/hr. I'm going to see if the service manage can work with you, but the book says its going to take 24hrs"
WTF
Just got mine done a few weeks ago. Was quoted 10 Hours at $140/hr for the bolt service. They had the car 3 days but was dropped off late morning the first day and was done early afternoon the 3rd day.

They also did an Oil change and the Engine air filter, Was discounted labor on Oil Change and no labor charge just cost of filter since everything was already apart.

This was at the only Alfa/Maserati dealer in the city.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Maintenance Service #B (Every 12 Months)

On the official recommended Maintenance as per Fiat Chrysler is shows as Maintenance Service #B (Every 12 Months) and has a labour rate of 2 hours and costs $254.00. Why are you guys being quoted so much.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I think these rediculous prices and ignorance from dealerships it's what's keeping the 4Cs prices down and will eventually kill the used sale market. Basically, what happened to the Maserati used car market. Not many people would buy them unless they are still under some kind of warranty.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Drum roll please.....
WTF

There is a possible reason for the crazy price - they don't want to do it!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just had my oil changed at Alfa Romeo of West Palm Beach Florida ($150). I inquired as to how much they charge for the bolt tightening. My car only has 1,000 miles on it so I don't need it yet, but they charge $2,000 :surprise:. I told him that I'm a member of these forums and other owners share the quotes they get from dealers throughout the country and $2k was the highest I've heard. He simply said that's what the dealership charges and there aren't any discounts. Ouch!

This is an Alfa/Fiat dealership so I assumed they would be cheaper then the only other dealership near me which is an Alfa/Maserati dealership. That dealership wanted $300 for an oil change so I can't imagine how much they want for the bolt tightening. Looks like I'm screwed when the time comes to get it done!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Just had my oil changed at Alfa Romeo of West Palm Beach Florida ($150). I inquired as to how much they charge for the bolt tightening. My car only has 1,000 miles on it so I don't need it yet, but they charge $2,000 :surprise:. I told him that I'm a member of these forums and other owners share the quotes they get from dealers throughout the country and $2k was the highest I've heard. He simply said that's what the dealership charges and there aren't any discounts. Ouch!

This is an Alfa/Fiat dealership so I assumed they would be cheaper then the only other dealership near me which is an Alfa/Maserati dealership. That dealership wanted $300 for an oil change so I can't imagine how much they want for the bolt tightening. Looks like I'm screwed when the time comes to get it done!
For that price, just do it yourself and document it.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts