Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought my 2016 spider back in May with around 11k on the odometer and little to no information about previous service records. I just had the bolt service done at a dealership in Boston. I also asked them to diagnose a random new sound/squeak that developed recently. They charged $990.99 for the bolt service but waived the cost of diagnosing the errant sound and tightening a few extra bits in the dash on the passenger side (for the sound, not the normal bolt service). The service advisor told me some bolts were loose but most were in spec. And they gave me a new 2020 Giulia as a loaner. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Giulia and the 4C are night and day different. Boston roads are not great, especially in my neighborhood (downtown Boston) where there is a ton of construction and roads are constantly being torn up and very poorly repaired. The Giulia handled a lot of UNeven pavement with nary a care whereas the 4C bounces around quite a bit. The Giulia is also SILENT. It was almost jarring how quiet. I put the car into dynamic mode and then switched to manual shifting, but honestly it was hard to drive this way because the engine noise is so silent, almost nonexistent. I'm using to driving by ear but with the Giulia I had to remind myself to look at the tachometer because I couldn't hear the engine noise over the stereo which was at a comfortable volume, not blaring. Like I said, night and day. The styling matches anything coming out of Germany (I'm a former Z4 owner) though the fit and finish is a little lacking. A couple of the buttons were "spongey" without the correct tactile response in comparison to some others. But overall I really liked the car. If I had a second garage spot...

101 - 103 of 103 Posts