Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4C'ers! Because the fully carbon vent scoops was an awesome success and turned out very well. I want your thoughts on fully carbon side skirts!!!

If I get enough interest I will be making a limited set of these as well. These will have an aggressive McLaren like design yet fit the 4C's italian shape. The skirts will connect to the lower panel of the car so things can stay stock when wanted. I'm big into adding things that can always be reverted to stock. Especially with a rare car like the 4C!

I know there is a shark fin but this is a very small piece that fits in the rear only. This fully carbon piece will fit along the whole 4C!

Design:
Please check out the images below for inspiration. There will be a single front fit with a rear fin towards the back. May look into forming the rear fit to collect more air to push into the gear box cooling. The carbon skirt will also be pushed out for that wide appearance like the McLaren has. Hopefully can get enough interest so I can make these carbon skirts a reality!

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
451 Posts
I like the idea of carbon skirts, not a fan of any extra fender/body work or that rear bumper though. Getting Renault Clio vibes from it

Reactions: JM4c

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the idea of carbon skirts, not a fan of any extra fender/body work or that rear bumper though. Getting Renault Clio vibes from it
Would not have the extra fender/body. Just the skirt design. This is just inspo and not final design :)

·
Registered
2016 Spider
201 Posts
Are you thinking about something that installs over the existing rocker panel or a whole new carbon rocker panel design?

·
Registered
783 Posts
As long as you eliminate the "light catchers" (the random bulges that don't align with anything) and the slapped on carbon transmission intake, have very minimal/elegant forms (see Porsche's GT1's skirts, like what you're saying from the Mclaren 720), I will buy. Yes please.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The fully carbon skirts are looking pretty good! What do you guys think?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Little too aggressive for me. I would prefer something that matched the Koshi front, but ran the full length of the side.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Took out the 2nd back wing. I like this a bit better but still working on design. I agree that it can be less aggressive and more suitable. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ability bulky. A slimmer profile would suit betterThe width of the carbon could make it really difficult to get in and out of car. Hard as it is as their is approx 150 mm of shell from the carbon tub. Nice design though looking more tame.
Just my 2 cents!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks everyone for your emails and DMs! I have been working with some other car designers on this one.

please see below some of the new mocks. Let me know which ones you’d like to see come to life in real carbon!! I’m liking B a lot. I like the flatter design as I currently have skirts that curve up. I think the flat fits the car much better

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
781 Posts
I love D

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
783 Posts
E, C, and A are undoubtedly the most oem supported lines and forms, and all should "look good". I thought you were replacing the side skirts entirely which imo the 4c most desperately needs, but this could really work amazingly for euro 4c's (i HATE the slapped on carbon transmission intakes... Disgusting. A simple vent is more Italian/classy, but here the "design" reached too low for the gas station Honda mod). Maybe even a more discrete/seamless replacement part here can sell really well and not be too hard to make?!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Design is coming along fantastic! We have followed the lines of the 4c. The carbon side skirt will look like it came from factory by the time we are wrapped up. The body panels flow very well with this one. Really wanted to make the side pop
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
340 Posts
@Gilles27 ? 😂😂😂😂. Surely further temptation?
Alfanut I am now on notice.😂

Putting my cashies on the side now for Steering wheel conversion and ARI stage 1 tune booked in back to back next week.
I just want scara73 carbon seats now and I will put the mistress to bed

1 - 20 of 29 Posts