Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Allready a member since 2018 but never introduced myself.
So, here we go!
My name is Andre and known as Tibby in the Opel Speedster world. Sadly i had to leave this world due a never stopping tuning game with a lot of money pumped into it...
More later about this....
In 2018 i bougth myself a new Alfa 4c spider for only 55k euro's new!

Some Pics

message jpg

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Previous chapter, How it all began...

Back in the days i testdroved a 2.2 na Opel speedster... Fell in love immediatly. But had not enough horsepower. oem 147pk/ 200 nm approx..
So i bougth myself a 2.2 na one and slaped a Dbilas turbokit on it

made 270hp and 350 nm

After a failed oem engine (stupid me) to the next one.......

Reactions: 4Canada

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bougth myself a new elise s in 2012....
Big mistake!!!! Had a lot of faillures! Only drove 1000km with it (from my home to the Lotusgarage and back) Very unreliable car.

Not much more to tell about this one.....

Reactions: 4Canada

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next i bought again a mint second hand riabata red (2 in Belgium) na speedster and slapped a eaton m62 supercharger on it

made a little 250 hp and 300 nm

Very happy with this one. Also very beautiful. But got a lot of cash for this one so i let it go.....

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This brings me to my beloved and much much missed Opel speedster turbo 2.0. It was Belgium's fasted hardcore speedster.... His name (yes,HIS, it was a steroided injected animal) was Beest (Beast translated) .

Bought it in Germany from a well know Speedster tuner and
first kit :

decided after a gearbox faillure to go further
second kit :

after engine faillure and gearbox again
third kit:

Sadly afther again a blown gearbox and blown turbo i decided never tune again. Did put a lot of cash in this game which NEVER stops!

Some pics of my beast..

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Other hobby's are motorcycling . Drive a SV1000S and the wife a GSR 600

My other club....

Guess who's me :)

And my biggest hobby is natural powerlifting....

Questions?? Shoot!

Kind regards, Andre

·
Administrator
19,025 Posts
Welcome!

Congratulations on the 4C, and thanks for all the pictures and information on some of your past cars. Many are not known where I live, so this is even more interesting.

I have no idea which one you are in the photo, but am going to guess the one with the biggest muscles. :D

Now, about keeping the 4C stock. Just how long do you realistically expect that to be true? Because, well, a lot of us have said that. Then, we've looked around this board a bit, and wham-o, out comes the wallet. ;)

Anyway, stock or modded, I wish you much happiness with your Alfa, and good health to enjoy it with.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello and thank you,
Here's a production movie from the speedster

Nope, i'm certainly not the biggest one (natural), even one of the smallest guy's in my gym :)

My tuning days a really over. Too much money trown away.... Everything breaks eventualy.
The 4c gearbox is on it's max. Yes i know tuners push them further to 400nm(safe), 420 (mmmm), 450nm (bey bey and engine out job for plates) . It's good as it is for me.

Kind regards

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Welcome!

Congratulations on the 4C, and thanks for all the pictures and information on some of your past cars. Many are not known where I live, so this is even more interesting.

I have no idea which one you are in the photo, but am going to guess the one with the biggest muscles. :D

Now, about keeping the 4C stock. Just how long do you realistically expect that to be true? Because, well, a lot of us have said that. Then, we've looked around this board a bit, and wham-o, out comes the wallet. ;)

Anyway, stock or modded, I wish you much happiness with your Alfa, and good health to enjoy it with.
I think the Opel is the same as the Vauxhall vx220 , euro had Opel in U.K. we had Vauxhall

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
I need to research the VX220, one of the good cars to come from Vauxhall, in fact they must have really tried to compete with Lotus, it looks very similar inside and out, do you think it was a loss leader for the company.? A halo car ?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Vx/ speedsters were built in the same factory as Lotus. Lotus wishes it was a Vauxhall :) (10 years ago, lotus stepped up they're game now)
Much more relaible than a Lotus.Some parts are interchangeble (suspension,cooling,engine)
The Lotus Europa has the most interchangeble parts with the vx turbo.

Opel/Vauxhall probably lost money with them....

The drive???? raw,tigth,fast looooooooooooved it!!
The Alfa is not as direct , tigth as these, a little bit numb...
But i'm not here to bash the 4c...love my little diva (yes, it's a she) :)

·
Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
12,650 Posts
Prediction: First mods will be tyres, alignment, camber adjustment and suspension. Just wait. ? Congratulations and welcome. There are a few bikers here too so hope you feel even more at home on the Forum. How’s the Suzuki? Can I suggest you also try something Italian? ;) You’ve had an interesting selection of mid-engined sportscars. Hoping you find the 4C is THE ONE. Not kidding about the suspension and tyres. You’ve already mentioned the steering....

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello,
Nope, no tyres, find them ok (had the same on my speedster also),
Alignment, nope, can drive with one hand,
Suspension nope, ok for street use.
I'm very happy with my 4c, no troubles with it and drive it hard!
All my bikes were Suzuki's: Bandit 400,Bandit 1200, Bandit 1250,RF 900 and 1 Honda cbr1000.
My SV has a power commander, whitepower suspension and a wheelie bar. Driving it for 15 years daily now. Bougth it second hand in 2005. Very happy with it. Twin power!!

Kind regards

Reactions: Alfanut

·
Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
12,650 Posts
Hello,
Nope, no tyres, find them ok (had the same on my speedster also),
Alignment, nope, can drive with one hand,
Suspension nope, ok for street use.
I'm very happy with my 4c, no troubles with it and drive it hard!
All my bikes were Suzuki's: Bandit 400,Bandit 1200, Bandit 1250,RF 900 and 1 Honda cbr1000.
My SV has a power commander, whitepower suspension and a wheelie bar. Driving it for 15 years daily now. Bougth it second hand in 2005. Very happy with it. Twin power!!

Kind regards
My ’95 Guzzi 1100 Sport runs with Whitepower too and still solid. I agree, nothing like a V-twin.
I still reckon, give it time. Uniballs on the rear at least. Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts