Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Vendor
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,

GMS has participated in 2019 Time Attack Italia and got 2 bronze cups, but honestly, anything above that was inaccesible with the current car and driver level (me). It was a blast.

This year, in 2020, we are skipping the event to save the money and work on preparations of the car and driver for 2021 season.

In 2021, GMS is going for the gold and you can follow our path here. I'll post my car upgrades, settings and my mental and psychical preparation here. I invite you to follow and support us while enjoying our virtual journey to this legendary match where we'll compete in SuperStreet class against unbeaten champion of 2019 and it looks like it's going to be the same for 2020, currently the fastest 4C we have ever encountered - @scara73 4C, driven by Davide Barbariol. It is a big challenge and I'll do my best to tackle it, but I'm down to earth and fully aware that the competitor is way ahead of us currently. I'll do my best.

We share all the upgrades, tips and tricks with you, to help you make your 4C faster and more competetive. Every performance part you buy from www.galemotorsport.com helps us to move a step closer to the success. All the money earned, goes back in to the developement and further improvements. We cannot do it without so I honestly thank you, current and future customers for your orders. I still do a regular day job to cover the costs and make a living, but we all know motorsport is financialy demanding if you want to compete on a high level like Time Attack Italia is, so unless you have big sponsors or have a wealthy background, then my way is the only way and it's OK, I like a challenge. Once again, thank you all, you're the best. 🥰

That's it for the intro and don't forget to follow our progress.

www.galemotorsport.com

Best regards,

Rudi

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
Hello guys,

GMS has participated in 2019 Time Attack Italia and got 2 bronze cups, but honestly, anything above that was unaccesible with the current car and driver level (me). It was a blast.

This year, in 2020, we are skipping the event to save the money and work on preparations of the car and driver for 2021 season.

In 2021, GMS is going for the gold and you can follow our path here. I'll post my car upgrades, settings and my mental and psychical preparation here. I invite you to follow and support us while enjoying our virtual journey to this legendary match where we'll compete in SuperStreet class against unbeaten champion of 2019 and it looks like it's going to be the same for 2020, currently the fastest 4C we have ever encountered - @scara73 4C, driven by Davide Barbariol. It is a big challenge and I'll do my best to tackle it, but I'm down to earth and fully aware that the competitor is way ahead of us currently. I'll do my best.

We share all the upgrades, tips and tricks with you, to help you make your 4C faster and more competetive. Every performance part you buy from www.galemotorsport.com helps us to move a step closer to the success. All the money earned, goes back in to the developement and further improvements. We cannot do it without so I honestly thank you, current and future customers for your orders. I still do a regular day job to cover the costs and make a living, but we all know motorsport is financialy demanding if you want to compete on a high level like Time Attack Italia is, so unless you have big sponsors or have a wealthy background, then my way is the only way and it's OK, I like a challenge. Once again, thank you all, you're the best. 🥰

www.galemotorsport.com

Best regards,

Rudi
The very best of luck, Rudi. Looking forward to your reports with anticipation. (y)

·
Super Moderator
1,358 Posts
Hello guys,

GMS has participated in 2019 Time Attack Italia and got 2 bronze cups, but honestly, anything above that was unaccesible with the current car and driver level (me). It was a blast.

www.galemotorsport.com

Best regards,

Rudi
Good luck Rudi, I’m sure you’re giving him a run for his money.
Looks like Davide is running Intrax suspension, and some pretty extreme aero. Is his car tuned by Scara73?

·
Vendor
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, tuned by Scara73 and aero effective. Davide is also much more experienced driver compared to me and has much more track time. I respect the driver and the tuner, but they say, if you don't get shivers by the goals you have set, then they are not high enough.

Let's set the official moto: "Audentes fortuna iuvat."

·
Super Moderator
15,646 Posts
Fortune does, indeed, favour the brave. But there is a hard line between brave and reckless. :D Watchout for that - no alignment settings are going to save you from following that rut!

Everybody likes the underdog!

GO Rudi!

Looking forward to your updates. I'm certain that many of us will learn from you, and enjoy this journey vicariously with you!

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV
472 Posts
This is my favorite post so far I think... I am subscribed! Seeing our cars get well used while hearing first hand from the 'actors'/Rudi and Enrico, these are the stories that make any car more than just another thing. I hope we get pics on the forum as this story evolves? Some of us don't/can't have social media, and apparently just browsing it is illegal or something.

·
Vendor
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did a lot of analyzing before choosing suspension. I'd agree with Enry, that Ohlins and Intrax are more sophisticated, more advanced suspension than Nitron NTR R3. Ohlins and Intrax are available with optional valving that helps to control fast bumps which helps going over the kerbs. Kind like a blow off valve for hard and quick hitting obstacles. This is actually a high speed compression setting on Nitron NTR R3 but a bit less sophisticated. Both Ohlins and Intrax have more advanced damping settings which allow to run softer springs without getting too much of body roll. If you run aero, then you need stiff springs anyway, so it is pretty much useless in this case.

Now 4C doesn't have much of a wheel travel and it has small diameter wheels so it will never drive over the kerbs like for example GT3 RS does. It requires more clean approach. Personally I couldn't afford Intrax in specs I wanted so I went with Nitron NTR 3 and I'm more than happy. Adjustable low speed compression, high speed compression, high speed rebound and external reservoirs for stable oil tenp is pretty much all you need for a race car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Seeing our cars get well used while hearing first hand from the 'actors'/Rudi and Enrico, these are the stories that make any car more than just another thing.
My sentiments exactly.
Was not aware of this racing championship. I can see in their website that the first race was in Misano two weeks ago. I would be interested to see laptimes from different categories but don't seem to be able to find such info on the site.
Best of luck to you guys racing and keep us posted here. I may attend one of the next races.
Thanks

Edited to add: I found the laptimes from Misano. How a Lotus Exige V6 or a Mitsubishi Lancer are seconds faster than a Ferrari 458 I have no idea...I have to have a look to the regulations. And the first 4c is lapping in 1'50''.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
My sentiments exactly.
Was not aware of this racing championship. I can see in their website that the first race was in Misano two weeks ago. I would be interested to see laptimes from different categories but don't seem to be able to find such info on the site.
Best of luck to you guys racing and keep us posted here. I may attend one of the next races.
Thanks

Edited to add: I found the laptimes from Misano. How a Lotus Exige V6 or a Mitsubishi Lancer are seconds faster than a Ferrari 458 I have no idea...I have to have a look to the regulations. And the first 4c is lapping in 1'50''.
Simple: To afford a ferrari you need to earn some money. To do this you need to spend some time "behind the desk" - this in general lives you less time to spend behind the wheel. In adition to this most of ferraris are driven on factory tires while a track prepared car is equipped with semi-slicks or full slicks.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts