Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

Registered
I learned to make greek salad and started to rationalize the bread. --> What we do for our alfa's ... :))))
Hi Rudi, quit with this exercise and calories shit please, we want to see more of your driving etc ect馃槀馃槀馃槣馃槦馃ケ

Registered
I do keep my balls full prior to racing events, to keep testosterone levels high. I'm not joking. Testosterone is good for concentration, endurance and competivity.

Today I did 5.5km with pace of 5'13'' per km.

Now chillin in the river canyons, drinking beer and grillin'.
I do not agree with you on this one. I want to loose as much weight as possible :))))

Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
Rudy....I could never get into running. I raced road bicycles in sanctioned races for years as well as a LOT of additional miles in training, touring, and riding to work every day, etc. I averaged over 1200 miles a month by bike....more than I put on my cars. I can tell you that keeps you fit....and won't ruin your knees or give you shin splints like jogging on pavement.

Vendor
Discussion Starter #46
I raced downhill as a teenager and before that cross country and I'm sick of bike and I'm always in lack of time, so running is the most effective for me.

I'm 186cm and have 78kg so I run to stay fit and agile not to drop weight. I think my psychical condition was always an advantage in car racing. Many drivers are fast because of cars but they are not in the best shape and loosing valuable time therfore. Let's put it this way. Same car, same level driver, the fittest wins so stay sharp. 馃挭

Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
I raced downhill as a teenager and before that cross country and I'm sick of bike and I'm always in lack of time, so running is the most effective for me.

I'm 186cm and have 78kg so I run to stay fit and agile not to drop weight. I think my psychical condition was always an advantage in car racing. Many drivers are fast because of cars but they are not in the best shape and loosing valuable time therfore. Let's put it this way. Same car, same level driver, the fittest wins so stay sharp. 馃挭
I remember when someone told me that race car drivers don't have to be fit since they sit in the car all the time ;) Racing a car is tough and hard on the body ! After a race (for me back in the 70s) I felt like I went a few rounds of boxing....and the effects of heat and stress on the body is tough also. I can imagine what it feels like in a long race....mine were always mostly sprints.

Registered
I remember when someone told me that race car drivers don't have to be fit since they sit in the car all the time ;) Racing a car is tough and hard on the body ! After a race (for me back in the 70s) I felt like I went a few rounds of boxing....and the effects of heat and stress on the body is tough also. I can imagine what it feels like in a long race....mine were always mostly sprints.
There is a word among karting boys: "Did you ever see the fat boy win?!" :)

Vendor
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Busy week it was.

From Monday - Friday, grinding day job to keep the funds flow for development.

Monday, body weight high intensity training described above.

Tuesday, double checking and setting our 4C for the track test.

Wednesday, car testing. Checking GMS Oil catch can system, GMS performance rear arms, weight reduction, GMS engine and TCT tunes.
. More videos on IG and FB.

Thursday, physical training. 1-2km of light warm up run and 8 x 200m of high intensity interval runs with about 3'36'' / km per set.

Today, Saturday morning. A nice, easy paced 6km endurance run and then off to my favorite outdoor location where we grill and chill. :cool:

Sunday, CAD drawing and optimization of upcoming GMS products.

Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV
Take it or leave it advice to help, just to help:
You have the basic 3-step run to "benchmark", but there's a weakness there that the muscle groups for that run are limited and "the state of fitness" is limited to that routine... Your body should quickly plateau. Exercise is exercise, so for sure there's no wasted time for your body and muscles, but try to mix it up into varied steps:

The other HALF of it is what you eat, so a calm and curious caloric restricted diet (Don't adhere to rules until they work for you, and Don't disrupt your mental or sleep) and try out Keto (low carbs, no added sugars, eat coconut, etc) to the degree that also works for you.
Doctors on this, worldwide, report 3-5 months can deal with up to over 75lbs of body fat, and cure "obesity" given the subjects don't/never return to old eating habits.

And then there's Autophagy, basically fasting with nothing but water for two or more days once a month to have healthy cells eat the "bad" cells, and eating nothing but water and honey the first day of fasting appropriate for your body. If you go for this, look for the scientific papers, and venture with your own sense and curiosity, not stoic adhesion to someone else's "super plan", as your body will feel and show you what works.

Combined, it should add some serious speed and focus to your laptimes, also improve just about EVERYTHING in life 馃挭

Registered
Busy week it was.

From Monday - Friday, grinding day job to keep the funds flow for development.

Monday, body weight high intensity training described above.

Tuesday, double checking and setting our 4C for the track test.

Wednesday, car testing. Checking GMS Oil catch can system, GMS performance rear arms, weight reduction, GMS engine and TCT tunes.
. More videos on IG and FB.

Thursday, physical training. 1-2km of light warm up run and 8 x 200m of high intensity interval runs with about 3'36'' / km per set.

Today, Saturday morning. A nice, easy paced 6km endurance run and then off to my favorite outdoor location where we grill and chill. :cool:

Sunday, CAD drawing and optimization of upcoming GMS products.
Actually, I'm loving the "tonneau-less" look... Maybe also without the rear bumper, add a lower diffuser, and the car will look so beastly. This sort of thing:

Vendor
Discussion Starter #54
Monday - 2km warmup run and intensive 30 min body weight training

Wednesday - 8x 200m interval with tempo of about 3'30'' per km

Friday - Heavy rain but that doesn't stop us. Benchmark. Warmup and then 3min of max tempo at about 3'47''.

Saturday - 6km light run with tempo of about 5'17'' per km and then chilling at the river side. Some grill, few beers and nap.

Some spare time for a few runs of Assetto Corsa today or tomorrow.

Registered
BTW... LOVE that you have an assetto corsa specific tune model 4c on your store. We did iRacing until we discovered karting (and Outrun, then Gran Turismo before that haha), but AC is seems to be a popular sim for Europeans, right?

Vendor
Discussion Starter #57
It's been a while since last post. I had a week off from job and sports and week before I did on Saturday a 6km light run with tempo of 5'19'' per km and on Wednesday a 6.5km light run with tempo of 5'35'' per km. I did some mountain hiking, was chilling in the nature and did about 100 laps of Monza circuit in Assetto Corsa Competizione. This week I'm back on track for more physical training.

Vendor
Discussion Starter #58
Week recap:
  • 1x 7,5km endurance run with pace of 5'24'' per km
  • 1x interval run with 6x 400m with about 3'43' per interval and 45s of pause in between
  • 1x 45 min of body weight training
  • About 4h of PC driving simulation

Vendor
Discussion Starter #59
Week recap:
  • 1x 8,0 km endurance run with pace of 4'35'' per km
  • 1x interval run with 4x 400m with about 3'33'' per interval and 1'30'' of pause in between
  • 1x 45' of body weight training
  • 1x 3' benchmark run with pace of 4'07'' per km
  • About 6h of PC driving simulation (Finally made it low 1:48.2xx in Mugello with GT3 car and low 1:49.5xx in Monza with GT3 car)
  • Enjoyed F1 race in Mugello on TV
  • Watched Time Attack Italia live on YT and got a sense of adrenaline rush like I was there

Registered
FYI: Ferrari does a Esport Series in Assetto Corsa for which they distribute a model of the 488 EVO, which drives very nice!

41 - 60 of 68 Posts