Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Registered
I learned to make greek salad and started to rationalize the bread. --> What we do for our alfa's ... :))))
Hi Rudi, quit with this exercise and calories shit please, we want to see more of your driving etc ect馃槀馃槀馃槣馃槦馃ケ

Registered
I do keep my balls full prior to racing events, to keep testosterone levels high. I'm not joking. Testosterone is good for concentration, endurance and competivity.

Today I did 5.5km with pace of 5'13'' per km.

Now chillin in the river canyons, drinking beer and grillin'.
I do not agree with you on this one. I want to loose as much weight as possible :))))

Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
Rudy....I could never get into running. I raced road bicycles in sanctioned races for years as well as a LOT of additional miles in training, touring, and riding to work every day, etc. I averaged over 1200 miles a month by bike....more than I put on my cars. I can tell you that keeps you fit....and won't ruin your knees or give you shin splints like jogging on pavement.

Vendor
Discussion Starter #46
I raced downhill as a teenager and before that cross country and I'm sick of bike and I'm always in lack of time, so running is the most effective for me.

I'm 186cm and have 78kg so I run to stay fit and agile not to drop weight. I think my psychical condition was always an advantage in car racing. Many drivers are fast because of cars but they are not in the best shape and loosing valuable time therfore. Let's put it this way. Same car, same level driver, the fittest wins so stay sharp. 馃挭

Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
I raced downhill as a teenager and before that cross country and I'm sick of bike and I'm always in lack of time, so running is the most effective for me.

I'm 186cm and have 78kg so I run to stay fit and agile not to drop weight. I think my psychical condition was always an advantage in car racing. Many drivers are fast because of cars but they are not in the best shape and loosing valuable time therfore. Let's put it this way. Same car, same level driver, the fittest wins so stay sharp. 馃挭
I remember when someone told me that race car drivers don't have to be fit since they sit in the car all the time ;) Racing a car is tough and hard on the body ! After a race (for me back in the 70s) I felt like I went a few rounds of boxing....and the effects of heat and stress on the body is tough also. I can imagine what it feels like in a long race....mine were always mostly sprints.

Registered
I remember when someone told me that race car drivers don't have to be fit since they sit in the car all the time ;) Racing a car is tough and hard on the body ! After a race (for me back in the 70s) I felt like I went a few rounds of boxing....and the effects of heat and stress on the body is tough also. I can imagine what it feels like in a long race....mine were always mostly sprints.
There is a word among karting boys: "Did you ever see the fat boy win?!" :)

41 - 49 of 49 Posts