Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,746 Posts
Congrats on third place. I am curious what cars run in your class. Here in the US we have different class structure. Stock 4C would be SS (super street) which includes Corvette through C6, Viper, Porsche 911s (not the R versions).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello, I was due to do Time Attack in the UK however things have been delayed.
Regardless, I had a tune up day at Silverstone last week and also have the Alfaworks Race ECU.
I had a similar issue it sounds like with the gearbox. During gear changes it seemed to do a clutch drop between gears and spin up the rear tyres which would obviously upset the car considerably.
My question is what did you or Alfaworks do to fix your issue as when I spoke to them they did not seem to let on that they have had any issues before and didn’t offer any immediate solutions.
The thing they said to me was that it could be the clutch was not bedded in and the change was out of sink due to that.

·
Super Moderator
5,925 Posts
Hello, I was due to do Time Attack in the UK however things have been delayed.
Regardless, I had a tune up day at Silverstone last week and also have the Alfaworks Race ECU.
I had a similar issue it sounds like with the gearbox. During gear changes it seemed to do a clutch drop between gears and spin up the rear tyres which would obviously upset the car considerably.
My question is what did you or Alfaworks do to fix your issue as when I spoke to them they did not seem to let on that they have had any issues before and didn’t offer any immediate solutions.
The thing they said to me was that it could be the clutch was not bedded in and the change was out of sink due to that.
In case Rudi is off-air, I believe he swapped back to the Alfaworks Stage 1 but also believe he is in co-operation with someone to do his own tune.

·
Vendor
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
More details on "race ECU" thread here: Alfaworks Race Ecu

We are sticking with stock ecu and currently working on custom tune to support our 3" GMS exhaust system as we believe stock ecu is superior in terms of drivability, reliability and other issues, but it is far harder to tune it compared to the standalone "race ecu", so it is up to you. Perhaps shifting and other issues got better with the ongoing updates, so make sure you check out the link above.

·
Vendor
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
More details on "race ECU" thread here: Alfaworks Race Ecu

We are sticking with stock ecu and currently working on custom tune to support our 3" GMS exhaust system as we believe stock ecu is superior in terms of drivability, reliability and other issues, but it is far harder to tune it compared to the standalone "race ecu", so it is up to you. Perhaps shifting and other issues got better with the ongoing updates, so make sure you check out the link above.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts