Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

Time attack italia - europe

13K views 108 replies 19 participants last post by  John Kane 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Wow, that’s some series of tracks!
Really looking forward to reports as the summer progresses.

I’m toying with entering my first time attack when a series comes to my local track.
The weekend includes drag racing, drifting, t/a and a show&shine competition. Pick any or all. I’m looking at the time attack only.

Short clip from a prior year:

Not as fantastic as yours, Gale, but I’m getting excited about it just the same.

Good luck!

#4 ·
That looks awesome!
Buona Fortuna!

Reactions: GMS
#9 ·
Our 4C will be competing in "superstreet" class. Up to 400hp cars (4C, Lotus Supercharged, Porsche GT4,...etc.)

Here is a clip from last year's event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-_c0Gox07s

Looks like some are serious cars. And lots of big wings too!
I’m looking forward to seeing your Alfa thrown in with the mix in the next video.

#8 ·
If you need a co-driver, just let me know...... :) I could also serve as a translator......:grin2:

#10 ·
I'm happy to announce that we are officialy signed in. 5 races, 5 legendary Italian tracks. First race is next Sunday on 31th of March - Mugello.

The list of events:

31 March 2019 - Mugello
4 May 2019 - Adria
7 July 2019 - Vallelunga
14 September 2019 - Franciacorta
27 October 2019 - Imola

#11 ·
List of competitors:

EXTREME 4WD
46 Zeli Serse Lancer Evo 10
5 Gadeschi Manuel Subaru Impreza
64 Raimondi Andrea Subaru Impreza
22 Luca Cadalora Lancer evo6 proto
78 Giorgio Napolitano Lancer evo 8

EXTREME 2WD
12 Dayda Nissan 180sx
109 Gazzetti Andrea Lotus Exige v6
162 Iacoangeli marco Bmw z4 gt3
49 Romani Roberto Bmw m3 e46
83 Giovanni Rivolta Honda Civic tcr
136 Grilli Fabio Porsche 991 cup

EXTREME NA
57 Maurizio Chignola Bmw m3 e46
8 Navatta Massimo Ginetta
23 Simoni Alan Honda Nsx
51 Formaini Alessio Bmw m3 e46
24 Valentini Omar Bmw m3 e46

SUPER 2000
85 Battisti Jacopo Honda s2000
30 Michael Colombo Fiat coupe
60 Andrea Villa Honda Civic
308 Rakmailov Yevgen S2000
21 Simon Hatzipantelis s2000

POCKET ROCKET TB
34 Matteo parzani Mini gp garage
31 Annis Patrizio Mini fastgarage

POCKET ROCKET NA
86 Casero Stefano Citroen Saxo vts
89 Lorenzo gariboldi Citroen Saxo vts
65 Mauro Buono Fiat x19 (H)

PRO TB
15 Belotti Gianluca Lancer Evo8
26 Diego Lucini Subaru Impreza
82 Barri Simone Bmw 335
98 Zamperini Ennio Porsche 930 (H)
35 Nagl Daniel Lotus Exige
13 Gianluca Donnello Fiat Punto 2000 tb
68 Ilario Cocchi Subaru Impreza

SUPERCAR
777 Andrea Levy Dallara stradale
99 Emanuele Russo Nissan GTR
6 D'Angiolella Stefano Lotus Exige cup 430
44 Manetti Carlo Porsche 991 gt3 MK1
93 Macola Pierantonio Porsche 930 (H)
53 Diego Locanto Porsche 991 gt3 rs MK2
40 Stabellini Davide Porsche 991 gt3 rs MK1
10 Alexander Steward Dallara Stradale
70 Gianluca Giorgi Porsche 991 gt3 rs MK2
488 Danilo Paoletti Ferrari 488 Pista
18 Max Froio Ferrari 458 speciale
58 Stefano Inama Ferrari 458 speciale
25 Mario Bigo Ferrari 488 Pista
101 Roberto Sestini Ferrari 488 gtb
29 Lenguito Luigi Dallara stradale
112 Luca ferranti Porsche 991 gt3 rs MK1
96 Emiliano Formaini Porsche 996 turbo
52 Marco Pellegrino Porsche 991 gt3 MK2
45 Max Montagnese Porsche 991 gt3 MK2
42 Gianmaria Toscana Porsche 911 gt3 MK2

STREET 4WD
72 Robustelli Devid Lancer Evo9
14 Alfredo Allegrini lancer evo9
88 Andrea Bormolini Audi A3
47 Gigli marco Lancer evo9
56 Federico Del Giudice VW Golf R

SUPERSTREET
11 Cicala Dino Bmw m3 e46
61 Rudi Gale Alfa 4c
90 Matteo Spera Porsche Cayman R
66 Belotti Walter Cevrolette Corvette c6
28 Davide Barbariol Alfa 4c
67 Matteo Alfieri Porsche 718 gts
32 Marcello Ronzoni Cayman gt4
55 Rizzi Federico Opel Speedster
50 Claudio Ciccarossi Bmw m3 e90
75 Lampros Gavanas Honda s2000 supercharged

STREET RWD
43 Magnani Davide Bmw m3 e46
71 Calcaterra Riccardo Nissan 350z
59 Roman Ritzman Toyota gt86 turbo
222 Davide Marsili Lotus Exige
20 Giacomo Pinzoni Bmw m3 e46
81 Michele Pecoroni Bmw m3 e46
41 Daniele Tebaldini Mazda mx5 turbo
84 Alessandro Gianstefani Porsche 911 carrera 3.2 (H)
87 Miliarakis manos Lotus Elise

STREET FWD
3 Chrisman Scirocco R
7 Alex Rasetta Golf gti
74 Tronconi Luca Clio RS
400 Christian Santaera Focus RS
38 Ievgen Rakmailov Honda Civic type r
63 Giatti Stefano Honda Civic
97 Candito Pietro Megane RS
27 Claudio Arena Honda Civic

STREET LIMITED
16 Omati Roberto Mini gp
39 Simone Reina Mito
62 Bassanini Cesare Fiat 500 Abarth
91 Paravati Omar Honda Civic
333 Morisco Christian Fiat 500 Abarth

PROTO
83 Raffeiner Stefan ATR
19 Marco Ulivi Radical sr3

#16 ·
Hi everyone,

We're back safe and sound. It was a great experience. The trip was great, and the event was on the highest level. Well above my expectations.

About my performance. I had too high expectations and my performance was quite bad honestly. I was fighting the car, the track and the feelings and it just didn't feel right. Not smooth and consistent driving. My best lap was 2:11.440 and best predicted lap would be 2:09:XXX which clearly shows that I didn't drive consistent. Too many mistakes and off ideal lines. I was also on the track first time with new Alfaworks race ECU and the gearbox didn't feel right. There were all kind of issues but we are working it out with Jamie so I hope next time the car will feel better.

There was also a well prepared 4C driven by Italian driver, under the flagship of "scara73". Brakes, downforces, cooling many things looked modded, tires semilslick. It was not street legal as it was fully gutted (no AC, radio, fender liners, wipers, etc...) and it looked like it was full carbon body. I talked to the driver but my italian language was not good enough to make a decent communication. His best lap was 2:06.XXX which is the same time as Radical SR3, so you can get a perception how was it actually was.

At the end of the day I ended 5/10 in my class and 48/64 overall. Embarrasing, so I was a bit sore due to all the expectations and dissapointment, but I guess I just wasn't realistic and well performing. I still have a lot to learn, to tune and to practice and I do want to. Thank you all for your support. Next race 04/05/2019 Adria . Forward we go!

Personal best lap here:

#20 ·
Hi Rudi. Good you're back safe and sound. What a pity you didn't get the best out of it. Good thing you have more to come :wink2:.
Did you get new ideas for mods to develop? >:)

I was also on the track first time with new Alfaworks race ECU and the gearbox didn't feel right. There were all kind of issues but we are working it out with Jamie so I hope next time the car will feel better.
I struggle to get a good drive with the ECU as well. Shifting gets better over time, though.
Could you describe what "didn't feel right"?

#17 ·
Gale - Sorry you had such a rough time. In the video, i swear that I could hear the "not as quick as it should be" shifts of the transmission.

Did you happen to take any photographs of the modified 4C?

#19 ·
I'll take the KTM X-BOW GT4 in the background! LOL

I was just digging around on Scara73's website. I now see he has a CF hood, roof, front and rear quarter panels for sale

Reactions: GMS and 4C-ophe
#21 ·
Sorry to hear it was not as you had hoped but as you say it was a safe trip and you’re on the upswing to fixing the problems.
Each track trip has its own unique issues. I’ve had ones where I was completely surprised how amazing how fast my car was and ones with many problems. Just get work the problem out and get back up on the horse and ride it and all will work out good.:)
Im sure your next track event will be better.

#44 ·
I have been on the phone with Jamie today. We are suspecting that there are some TCT software changes between early and later 4C cars and that is why the current Alfaworks map doesn't work like it should on my car and probably also other users that are reporting shifting issues. I'll log CAN signals next week when I get CAN logger and then send the data back to Jamie, so he and his ECU team will decode the data and look for possible fixes. I really look forward to help to develop this race ECU further. It opens an endless possibilites of tuning, but right now there are still some issues to resolve before we can say it is a "race ready" ecu, at least in my case. I'll keep you updated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.