Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their timing belt changed in the Twin Cities area?
Mine is due this fall and trying to decide where to have it done.

I talked to both Alfa dealers in the metro area, and neither one of them seems to have done one before.

The thought of being their guinea pig doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I have a import shop that did all the work on my wife's Audi, but they specialize in German cars and are not comfortable taking on this project. They did the alignment on it for me, but don't want to tackle the timing belt.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Has anyone had their timing belt changed in the Twin Cities area?
Mine is due this fall and trying to decide where to have it done.

I talked to both Alfa dealers in the metro area, and neither one of them seems to have done one before.

The thought of being their guinea pig doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I have a import shop that did all the work on my wife's Audi, but they specialize in German cars and are not comfortable taking on this project. They did the alignment on it for me, but don't want to tackle the timing belt.

You need to find a shop that works on Ferrari or Lambo aka Italian cars in general. Then buy the service manual from Mopar (around 150$). Then talk to them and ask them if they are willing to do the job. If they are, then ask them if they are willing to buy the timing tool.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Samy, thanks for the tip on the Ferrari site.
Tim Keseluk seems like the go to guy in the twin cities for Ferrari.
I will have to see if he wants to take on the 4C.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wanted to get mine done this spring but have been limiting travel out of state due to the Covid (I'm in WI). The nearest WI dealership for me is about a 3.5 hour drive each way so I figured I'd do it later this summer in the Twin Cities. I planned to go to Luther because that is where I bought mine and have had all other service done and have always been happy with them. You should bring yours there so I don't have to be the guinea pig! :cool:

I have had some work on my Porsche done at Top Gear and was happy with what they did. The first time I went there was for an electrical issue I'd already had 2 other shops try to diagnose with no luck. I called Top Gear and over the phone they knew what it was.

I don't have a Ferrari (yet?) so no input on Tim's...

Good luck, and post back with what you end up doing!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's funny, I did the opposite - live in MN and bought mine from the dealership in WI (Bergstrom in Appleton).

I will post back with what I end up doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts