Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Nimo had a custom Ti Exhaust with Helmholtz resonator made Here

I have high flow cat with stock muffler in my daily drive 5.0 Range Rover Sport. it is the best sounding combo IMO as it sound like normal until rpm past 2k. Hoping to do the same in 4c

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Nimo had a custom Ti Exhaust with Helmholtz resonator made Here

I have high flow cat with stock muffler in my daily drive 5.0 Range Rover Sport. it is the best sounding combo IMO as it sound like normal until rpm past 2k. Hoping to do the same in 4c
That has no cat and no flex pipe. It’s just pipe clamped between downpipe and rear system.

I just messaged CTE. I asked for prices for mid/link pipe with and without high flow cat.
Titanium cased cat, titanium bellows flex, v bands to the downpipe.
It will not be cheap but f it, I’ve come too far to turn back.
That said, if ten spots aren’t taken, it ain’t happening because for a one off, it will be prohibitively expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Update. I had an email back saying they are working out pricing for the mid section/link/cat.

The cat will be optional. You can opt for both a v band titanium housed cat and a v band delete tube or just the tube.

I told the chap we have interest from 3 people so far but need the mid pipe/cat parts to complete the all Titanium turbo back package.

I hope it will convince ten of us to go for it. The saving on 10 over 1 isn’t life changing to me but I knew there are other titanium fans like me so we can save something and something is better then nothing.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Update. I had an email back saying they are working out pricing for the mid section/link/cat.

The cat will be optional. You can opt for both a v band titanium housed cat and a v band delete tube or just the tube.

I told the chap we have interest from 3 people so far but need the mid pipe/cat parts to complete the all Titanium turbo back package.

I hope it will convince ten of us to go for it. The saving on 10 over 1 isn’t life changing to me but I knew there are other titanium fans like me so we can save something and something is better then nothing.
Awesome! Great to see there will be options for those who want a cat v cat-less. Can't wait to see what they come back with.

I literally just sent you a PM about this 🤣

Reactions: FLORO

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks John, Yes, let’s hope the whole thing comes in somewhere 10 of us feel comfortable.

I probably shouldn’t tell you but I’m in discussion with a foundry about lighter replica 4C 18/19 teledials wheels. They probably won’t be cheap either!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I probably shouldn’t tell you but I’m in discussion with a foundry about lighter replica 4C 18/19 teledials wheels. They probably won’t be cheap either!
Light weight would be a bonus, but if they could make them slightly concave so they are flush to the wheel well without spacers I'd be interested.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Thanks John, Yes, let’s hope the whole thing comes in somewhere 10 of us feel comfortable.

Id hope you would be making them 9.5 wide with a nice offset
All Carbon?????

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Id hope you would be making them 9.5 wide with a nice offset
All Carbon?????

Sadly, no to carbon. It’s not a suitable material for wheels. If one broke, while spinning at road speeds, say because you hit a curb or hit a speed bump too hard... they explode in a hail of shrapnel. This is why no carbon wheels... public safety.

We are talking about making them from the latest aluminium casting alloy... A20X. Because it’s 50% stronger than the usual cast alloy, the wheel can be lighter if we reduce the volume by reducing some dimensions.
Yes, we will make them with offsets that are equivalent to 25mm spacers on rear, 12mm on the front.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
How are we doing with titanium downpipe , btw i wanted to ask you , my purpose of buying this is to remove the cat . Will this product that your having built work for me

·
Registered
74 Posts
I asked Enrico, he stopped making Ti Downpipe. Went with his 2.75” 200cell cat, and custom 3” Ti axle back. Weight, impressively light. Sound, eh, it’s alright.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
How are we doing with titanium downpipe , btw i wanted to ask you , my purpose of buying this is to remove the cat . Will this product that your having built work for me

Just waiting for them to quote for the remaining parts. They are always busy and my enquiry is not their biggest concern, understandably. The chap is very nice and professional so it will come soon no doubt.

Yes, the proposed cat and delete pipe would both be included. They would fit with V bands so they are easy to swap. The proposed cat will be 300 cell, titanium exterior housing.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
So what if i just want the down pipe no cat ?

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So what if i just want the down pipe no cat ?

No problem. The bit they need 10 to get pricing down is parts they have to build jigs for. There is no jig required in building the cat housing.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Update. I have the price for the titanium link pipe, without cat, with v band connection to downpipe, £400.

Titanium cats are a non starter so If you need a cat, you will have to add a steel one yourself by means of socket and clamp connection. Where you decide to cut a titanium section out and put it will depend on what shape cat you choose and it’s dimensions.

So, down pipe £1040 (plus VAT), link pipe £400 (plus VAT).

All 3”, 1.2mm wall grade 2 Titanium.

I will be having one of each so that leaves 9 of each. You can put your name down for either or both, when it’s gone it’s gone.

We are looking at avoiding VAT for non UK residents.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Reactions: FLORO

·
Registered
172 Posts
Also anyone know the Akra opening? I assume you’ll need some kind of adapter (would that require another cut to mid pipe?). Trying to understand how this all comes together.
I recently put on the Novitec mid-pipe to get rid of the kinks in the factory one (see comparison pic with Novitec on top). It was also slightly larger diameter than the factory mid-pipe, which meant it would butt up to the opening on the Akra exhaust. I'd guess the OD of the Novitec was just under 2.5" (58mm?) and the Akra opening is barely over 2" (52 mm?). I had a spare mid-pipe that came with my Akra when I got it so I had a muffler shop cut the end of that off the factory pipe and weld it to the Novitec one so it would slide inside the Akra like it was originally designed to do. You'll definitely need an adapter of some sort to step the exhaust down from 3" to fit the Akra opening.

I didn't get a pic of the Akra with this test fit, sorry. I will be at my shop tomorrow and can measure the ID of my factory race exhaust as that is the same as the Akra.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
That’s gorgeous!

How will the cat work? You cut the titanium piece and put it in somewhere? Also anyone know the Akra opening? I assume you’ll need some kind of adapter (would that require another cut to mid pipe?). Trying to understand how this all comes together.
All you need is a cat that slips/sleeves onto 3” pipe and exhaust clamps. Then it’s just a case of choosing a location and finding one that fits there. I have a 300 cell 3” high flow unit that will go between the link and the rear system just before the Y. The section will come off the rear system not the link.
This is optimum for performance from what I’ve heard. With it super free flowing all the way from the turbo to the rear, the gasses are going like a train when they reach the cat and pass through with more velocity.

If you want a link pipe in titanium AND run a cat AND leave the Akra as is... you need replace PART of either the down pipe or link pipe with a slip on stainless cat. Any stainless custom exhaust place will be able to do it.

The end of the Titanium link pipe can have a reduced diameter to suit the Akra no problem.

Dropping down from 3” to whatever the Akra is won’t hurt anything. It can help. Gasses cool as they travel along the system and condense. You actually need to reduce diameter as you go to maintain optimal flow. 3” to 2” is a lot so you can be sure the only bottleneck thereafter would be the Akra.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts