Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.d...p-fiat-stores-to-get-alfa-first#axzz2LHqBXool

ORLANDO -- Fiat dealerships meeting sales and customer service goals will be first to get the Alfa Romeo 4C, a Chrysler Group executive says.

Last month, Chrysler revealed that the 4C, a two-seat, rear-wheel-drive sports coupe, will arrive in dealerships by year end, when Alfa Romeo returns to the United States.

Alfa Romeo will be paired with Fiat, but Fiat dealerships are not guaranteed Alfa Romeo franchises, said Peter Grady, Chrysler Group vice president for network development and fleet.

"The 4C is the first vehicle that comes at the end of this calendar year, and it's going to go to the current Fiat dealers that are performing," Grady said in an interview during the National Automobile Dealers Association convention here. "So if you're selling and you're taking care of your customer, you'll be first up for Alfa Romeo."

Chrysler's Italian owner, Fiat S.p.A., has allocated 1,000 Alfa Romeo 4Cs each year for sale in the United States from annual global output of 2,500. Grady said he expects to have 220 U.S. Fiat dealerships open by Oct. 1, up from 202 today.

He said he is willing to be flexible with Fiat dealers who want to sell Alfa Romeo but have yet to build attached service departments because their stores are in malls or similarly limited locations.

Grady said Chrysler has always told Fiat dealers that they must have attached service departments at their stores before they would be allowed to sell Alfa Romeo vehicles.

But Fiat's amended product plan leaves the 4C as the only Alfa Romeo on sale in the United States until 2015. Grady said it would be unfair to require dealerships to have attached service departments to sell Alfa Romeo based on one, low-volume vehicle.

The Fiat dealerships will get a second Fiat nameplate, the four-door 500L, to sell this year, but struggling Fiat dealers have longed for Alfa Romeo's return to the United States to bolster their profits.

"With the way that the product plan is now coming to market, we're very keen on making sure that these guys do not overinvest while the volume is somewhat limited," Grady said.

Instead, he said dealers meeting sales and customer service targets will get Alfa Romeo franchises even if their stores are in malls as long as they agree to add attached service departments before the next wave of Alfa Romeos arrives in 2015.

·
Registered
19 Posts
richqy said:
Has anyone attempted to order a 4C yet?

Please share information if possible. Thanks in advance.
Yes, I'm #4 at San Jose, ca dealership... Supposedly, this is the highest selling fiat dealer in the US, and they are getting the most 4c.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

I have contacted Alfa directly via the ''booking" link on the Alfa 4C site. I was then contacted by an Alfa representative in Florida. I received the following emails and a "case" number and said I would be contacted by Alfa sales and marketing closer to the US launch. Personally per usual Alfa seems miles away from launching this car? It's March now and they can't direct me to a dealer to give them money? Any help appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email 1#

Dear Mr. ADAIR, thank you for your interest in the Alfa Romeo 4C, at this time we do not have an official launch date or network. As soon as we make the announcement we can direct you to your closest dealer.

4C - Deposit in the USA-Please direct me to a dealer in the USA to make a deposit
for the new 4C Mj

Best Regards

Tony Di Muro
Parts/Marketing Operations Officer
Alfa Romeo, Inc.
C/O Chrysler PDC
10300 Boggy Creek Road
Orlando, FL 32824
Tel 001-407-856-5000
Cel 001-407-361-8711
[email protected]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email 2#

I am keeping a list of 4C customer, as soon as we announce our launch I
will give that information to the sales/marketing department and hopefully
they will contact those customers.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I got...interesting he say's "hopefully" why do I have so little faith in Alfa? Because I have had three and this is usually how it goes in the states. Can you imagine the same mechanic doing a tune up on a Chrysler 300 working on your 4C?

Mj
[hr]
CAlexio said:
richqy said:

Yes, I'm #4 at San Jose, ca dealership... Supposedly, this is the highest selling fiat dealer in the US, and they are getting the most 4c.
Will your dealer take a deposit from me? And do you think I should contact them rather than "wait" for someone to contact me?

Mj

·
Registered
80 Posts
emerckx53 said:
This is what I got...interesting he say's "hopefully" why do I have so little faith in Alfa? Because I have had three and this is usually how it goes in the states. Can you imagine the same mechanic doing a tune up on a Chrysler 300 working on your 4C?
Because only the best Fiat dealers will sell the 4C, those dealers should have better service staff for maintaining the 4C, and not just your average Chrysler mechanic. One should hope.

·
Registered
19 Posts
emerckx53 said:
Hi,

I have contacted Alfa directly via the ''booking" link on the Alfa 4C site. I was then contacted by an Alfa representative in Florida. I received the following emails and a "case" number and said I would be contacted by Alfa sales and marketing closer to the US launch. Personally per usual Alfa seems miles away from launching this car? It's March now and they can't direct me to a dealer to give them money? Any help appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email 1#

Dear Mr. ADAIR, thank you for your interest in the Alfa Romeo 4C, at this time we do not have an official launch date or network. As soon as we make the announcement we can direct you to your closest dealer.

4C - Deposit in the USA-Please direct me to a dealer in the USA to make a deposit
for the new 4C Mj

Best Regards

Tony Di Muro
Alfa Romeo, Inc.
C/O Chrysler PDC
10300 Boggy Creek Road
Orlando, FL 32824
Tel 001-407-856-5000
Cel 001-407-361-8711
[email protected]

Email 2#

Mj
[hr]
CAlexio said:
richqy said:

Will your dealer take a deposit from me? And do you think I should contact them rather than "wait" for someone to contact me?

Mj
Seems to me like being proactive is always good. The San Jose dealer is not taking deposits, just has a list, when car arrives I have 24 hours to make a purchase decision.

·
Registered
23 Posts
CAlexio said:
Seems to me like being proactive is always good. The San Jose dealer is not taking deposits, just has a list, when car arrives I have 24 hours to make a purchase decision.
Thank you for the help...I have already spoken to a 24 hour chat person and will be getting a call back in the am from your dealer. Have you spoken much with your sales manager? Has he been helpful? Did they quote a price? Options? I may stop by Fiat Minneapolis in the morning to see what they have to say as well. Seems as though in the car world CA/San Jose would usually get a preference.

Mj

·
Registered
23 Posts
CAlexio said:
emerckx53 said:
Hi,

Email 1#

for the new 4C Mj

Best Regards

Tony Di Muro
Alfa Romeo, Inc.
C/O Chrysler PDC
10300 Boggy Creek Road
Orlando, FL 32824
Tel 001-407-856-5000
Cel 001-407-361-8711
[email protected]

Email 2#

Mj
[hr]
CAlexio said:
richqy said:

Mj
I guess I am number #5 now. I am on Jose's list. Unfortunately he could n't tell me a damn thing. He mentioned next December! This thing won't be here until 2014 I'm betting...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am very tempted to put a deposit...yet apprehensive about getting this car, given the rather bad experiences I had with Fiat 500. I know apples and oranges but they come from the same tree, ie Chrysler/Fiat. Quality aside, the 4C definitely looks more upscale. The 500 was a horrible little turd.

The Chrysler turned Fiat sales pple for the most part were very ignorant and they treated the Fiat clientele much like the Chrysler's. The slimey type with the cliche "what do I have to do to get you into car" pitch. The service department was the same. Did I mention our new car arrived with dings on the hood that needed to be repainted? I sold my Fiat Prima Edizione after less than 2 months of ownership with 800 miles on the clock. There was an entire drama/complain about how Fiat USA failed the so called "Fiat Experience" for the initial 500 owners. Remember Laura Soave? Yep. They fired her.

Now that they only select the "better" Fiat dealers to sell the 4C, I wonder how different customer service will be. Do we have to sit through the financial manager's sales pitch on anti-rust crap or wheel insurance or lojack etc or why we need paint protection on our keys (sarcasm)? What about service? This is essentially a circa $50k 2-seater sports car made in Italy. I really hope we will be treated better.

I kind of hope they sell the 4C through Maserati dealers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
vince4c said:
I am very tempted to put a deposit...yet apprehensive about getting this car, given the rather bad experiences I had with Fiat 500. I know apples and oranges but they come from the same tree, ie Chrysler/Fiat. Quality aside, the 4C definitely looks more upscale. The 500 was a horrible little turd.

The Chrysler turned Fiat sales pple for the most part were very ignorant and they treated the Fiat clientele much like the Chrysler's. The slimey type with the cliche "what do I have to do to get you into car" pitch. The service department was the same. Did I mention our new car arrived with dings on the hood that needed to be repainted? I sold my Fiat Prima Edizione after less than 2 months of ownership with 800 miles on the clock. There was an entire drama/complain about how Fiat USA failed the so called "Fiat Experience" for the initial 500 owners. Remember Laura Soave? Yep. They fired her.

Now that they only select the "better" Fiat dealers to sell the 4C, I wonder how different customer service will be. Do we have to sit through the financial manager's sales pitch on anti-rust crap or wheel insurance or lojack etc or why we need paint protection on our keys (sarcasm)? What about service? This is essentially a circa $50k 2-seater sports car made in Italy. I really hope we will be treated better.

I kind of hope they sell the 4C through Maserati dealers.
Couldn't have said it better...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Horrible little turd?
Hardly.
After 19 months and 17,754 happy miles on my cinquecento cabrio I'm willing to consider another modern italian car to go alongside the cinquecento... Con brio.
Gotta say the dealer is key to a decent experience.
I saw an article in Business Week a while back about how Audi has a special company reworking some of their dealerships as Audi has a very low return % as the dealer experience is hurting sales.
From what I can make out, stand alone Fiat "studios" have happier customers than fiats sold and serviced out of c/d/j dealers.
The first year was tough for Fiat, I would expect the same for Alfa.
I'm not discouraged.
If I had dumped my fiat after 800 miles, don't think Alfa would be on my radar.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone have a list of dealers that are taking orders? I have never owned an AR, but my uncle loved them. I'm very interested in taking a chance and ordering one sight-unseen. Thanks, in advance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
CAlexio said:
replied to your message with dealer info.

I'd be interested in hearing what the list is up to now?
I'd be curious to know about the dealer situation as well. I've got my name on the list-to-be-on-the-list with a fiat dealer up here in MN, but it's not clear whether they'll even actually carry Alfa...

·
Registered
23 Posts
sith33 said:
CAlexio said:
replied to your message with dealer info.

I'd be interested in hearing what the list is up to now?
I'd be curious to know about the dealer situation as well. I've got my name on the list-to-be-on-the-list with a fiat dealer up here in MN, but it's not clear whether they'll even actually carry Alfa...
I am in MN also but I have little trust in a local FIAT dealers ability to get their hands on one. I am on a list at the same dealer as another forum member is here on the forum in CA.

Mj

·
Registered
38 Posts
Friend in England sent the below. Thought I'd share as this may be the process we will follow in the US. Also, anyone have a list of the top producing Fiat dealers?

The process for UK ordering is as follows:-
Deposit 16K Total cost Inc. deposit is 52K

1. Request form for a launch edition to be completed by customer
2. Form then sent by dealership to Alfa UK
3. Alfa UK come back with a fulfilment date (if still available)
4. Once fulfilment date has been confirmed dealership will contact customer and take a 16K confirmation deposit and details of any optional extras required
customer required to complete a purchase order form which needs to be signed on site at the dealership at same time as paying deposit.
5. Launch editions are expected to be ready for delivery late October through to the beginning of Jan dependent on how many will be available

Standard editions which we do not have a price for yet will be of a different spec and the cost will be different.
We will be taking orders for these from June onwards for delivery next year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
alstoy said:
Also, anyone have a list of the top producing Fiat dealers?
I am trying to put a list together.

So far, I know that for February 2013, approximately 50% of Fiat sales were through Fiat dealers in California.

The top-selling U.S. Fiat dealers in February 2013 were:

1. Fiat of Austin in Austin, Texas
2. Towbin Fiat in Las Vegas, Nevada
3. More to come...

·
Registered
19 Posts
alstoy said:
Friend in England sent the below. Thought I'd share as this may be the process we will follow in the US. Also, anyone have a list of the top producing Fiat dealers?

The process for UK ordering is as follows:-
Deposit 16K Total cost Inc. deposit is 52K

1. Request form for a launch edition to be completed by customer
2. Form then sent by dealership to Alfa UK
3. Alfa UK come back with a fulfilment date (if still available)
4. Once fulfilment date has been confirmed dealership will contact customer and take a 16K confirmation deposit and details of any optional extras required
customer required to complete a purchase order form which needs to be signed on site at the dealership at same time as paying deposit.
5. Launch editions are expected to be ready for delivery late October through to the beginning of Jan dependent on how many will be available

Standard editions which we do not have a price for yet will be of a different spec and the cost will be different.
We will be taking orders for these from June onwards for delivery next year.
nope, they are getting kind of raped in GB, and europe in general. there is no deposit for US... launch edition cars arriving, you have 48 hours to complete sale when "yours' arrives at dealer.

Avi said:
alstoy said:
Also, anyone have a list of the top producing Fiat dealers?
I am trying to put a list together.

So far, I know that for February 2013, approximately 50% of Fiat sales were through Fiat dealers in California.

The top-selling U.S. Fiat dealers in February 2013 were:

1. Fiat of Austin in Austin, Texas
2. Towbin Fiat in Las Vegas, Nevada
3. More to come...
I thought san jose fiat was top selling dealer in US?

·
Registered
1 Posts
CAlexio said:
richqy said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but it looks like SANTA MONICA FIAT is the # 1 dealer not just in California .... but in the USA! :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts