Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
There are a lot of factors at play. Are you running the correct tire pressure? If you change tire size you need to recalculate the correct tire pressure. I run my R888Rs at 22psi front and rear which is the calculated equiv. for the stock 26/29.

It sounds like you are lower, so you probably want to soften the rear end to improve grip and reduce oversteer. Same with the roll bar.

How many of these add ons were done prior to adding the tires?

·
Super Moderator
7,599 Posts
There are a lot of factors at play. Are you running the correct tire pressure? If you change tire size you need to recalculate the correct tire pressure. I run my R888Rs at 22psi front and rear which is the calculated equiv. for the stock 26/29.

It sounds like you are lower, so you probably want to soften the rear end to improve grip and reduce oversteer. Same with the roll bar.

Tallinn sold his car to support his sons’ ambition in kart racing but your point is taken. Top dad! To round out the discussion, what tyre sizes are you running?

·
Super Moderator
15,419 Posts

How “calculated”? (Honest desire to know, not questioning what you did here).

Tallinn’s R888Rs and the wheels they were mounted on, found their way onto my car almost 3 years ago. They were an amazing improvement on the stock PZeros’s (duh!), and once heated up did fine for me on my small local circuit with my stock suspension, lesser driving talent, and slower times. Sadly, he left the 4C fold as Alfanut mentioned. He was a great contributor, and we all lived vicariously on his Nordschleife videos and stories.

·
Registered
751 Posts
How “calculated”? (Honest desire to know, not questioning what you did here).
Good explanation here. I had no idea why it mattered as well until my buddy mentioned it.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts