Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I had a choice, soon as possible,and could the track exp. include road testing as well.
I wonder where the the track will be and the road run should include a tunnel like The Fréjus Road Tunnel, is a tunnel that connects France and Italy. It runs under Col du Fréjus in the Cottian Alps between Modane in France and Bardonecchia in Italy. Great for exhaust notes:heart:

·
Registered
446 Posts
From what I understand it will most probably be at the Balocco which is Fiat's main track.

As for all the tunnels that will be part of my drive back home if I manage to convince Alfa to let me pick up the car at the factory instead of the stupid dealer in Croydon!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
deppi0 said:
From what I understand it will most probably be at the Balocco which is Fiat's main track.

As for all the tunnels that will be part of my drive back home if I manage to convince Alfa to let me pick up the car at the factory instead of the stupid dealer in Croydon!
We will/might come back together then, take the route above.

My dealer told the story of the 8C customer who went to to pick up his car in ITALY only to be told his 8C had already gone to UK:huh:

·
Registered
642 Posts
4C "track day" implies just that. It will be a track orientated experience..

And 99.99% chance it will be at Ballocco

·
Registered
446 Posts
And that's the main reason why they want people to have used their cars a bit before they go for the track experience day.... It will be MUCH better if we all have used our cars a bit and are comfortable with them before we get on the track to have some fun ;-)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd like to have a track day now, as I would use it as a test drive. I'm on the track all the time in street cars to endurance racers I'm not worried about getting comfortable with it but I am a little worried that the car itself won't be what I'm looking for in a track toy.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perreby said:
4C "track day" implies just that. It will be a track orientated experience..

And 99.99% chance it will be at Ballocco
Sounds like youvre never driven on Italian roads P. CRAZY MAD:) track day gonna be tame, be my learning curve to tackle M25
Virul

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
008 said:
I'd like to have a track day now, as I would use it as a test drive. I'm on the track all the time in street cars to endurance racers I'm not worried about getting comfortable with it but I am a little worried that the car itself won't be what I'm looking for in a track toy.
Your not Marc Gene incognito 008 are you:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
virulsweet said:
008 said:
Your not Marc Gene incognito 008 are you:)
Lol, not hardly but would love a go in an f1 machine. Definitely missed my calling, but I'll make up for it when the wife allows! I've had a racing license before a road license just not the time to dedicate to it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
008 said:
They will not provide track time to anyone that has not had their car yet. The idea is to have people that are already familiar with their car before going on track with them.
You are obviously experienced on track but too many people would be a real danger on a track if they haven't even sat in the car before ;-)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
deppi0 said:
008 said:
They will not provide track time to anyone that has not had their car yet. The idea is to have people that are already familiar with their car before going on track with them.
You are obviously experienced on track but too many people would be a real danger on a track if they haven't even sat in the car before ;-)
Not coming anywhere near you on track day deppio:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
virulsweet said:
deppi0 said:
008 said:
Not coming anywhere near you on track day deppio:)
haha wait and see...
Going to Silverstone on Tuesday with the Cali for a little fun while I wait for the 4C

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just thought of a way to save Alfa a S--T load of money, on hospitality for the media, give some of the LE owners their track day now, from what I've seen on the way reveiwers drive the 4C any number of us LE owners could have done exactly the same .

What do you say ALFA:huh:

Virul

·
Registered
446 Posts
Virul unfortunately (or not) they have made a decision to invite the LE owners on track ONLY after they have had they cars for a little while. This is so that you can really appreciate the "driving course" they will give you when you go to Balocco.

I personally agree 100% with their decision....although I would love to drive the car today.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Virul. Why don't you build a 1:18 scale Balocco? That way you could learn the track in preparation for the "big day" whilst pushing your 1:18 scale LE 4C around it. Engine noises optional. ;)

·
Registered
502 Posts
kaliber said:
Virul. Why don't you build a 1:18 scale Balocco? That way you could learn the track in preparation for the "big day" whilst pushing your 1:18 scale LE 4C around it. Engine noises optional. ;)

[hr]
Classic !!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys

Did you know you could get a model 4C for "scalextrix track"

How do you calculate 1/8 1.1 L.G.
whats 1/8 0 to 62 in 4.5 seconds
and 1/8 161 mph (according to monkey)

Have started on track may have a winner here:)
Virul
Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
virulsweet said:
Guys

Did you know you could get a model 4C for "scalextrix track"

How do you calculate 1/8 1.1 L.G.
whats 1/8 0 to 62 in 4.5 seconds
and 1/8 161 mph (according to monkey)

Have started on track may have a winner here:)
Virul
Thanks
62mph full size ~ 1.5 m/s @ 1/18, 161mph ~ 4 m/s for model

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LE track day for owners

Dear Alfa Romeo

I seem to be the only one of the 4CLE owners who would like their track day in Balloco sooner rather then later, I can go anytime.

Virul:heart:

PS any news on track day for owners yet:huh:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dear Alfa Romeo

I seem to be the only one of the 4CLE owners who would like their track day in Balloco sooner rather then later, I can go anytime.

Virul:heart:

PS any news on track day for owners yet:huh:
PPS promise to give 4C unbiased appraisal

1 - 20 of 40 Posts