Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is at auto electrician today for the front & rear camera install. He has found a Tracker by Teltonika

Spoken with the only other owner and he wasn't aware of any tracker

My car was the UK press car - would Alfa normally install these? Be interested in reinstating the subscription if I can find the platform / provider

·
Registered
17 Posts
If the car was originally a lease the tracker makes it easy for the bank to repo. Had one in my Aston. They don't tell you so the owner would not be aware of it.

·
Registered
2016 Spider
56 Posts
They should have disclosed it to the original owner, it is against privacy laws (at least in the USA) to track someone without their consent.

·
Registered
44 Posts
They should have disclosed it to the original owner, it is against privacy laws (at least in the USA) to track someone without their consent.
With most leases and many auto loans, if you read the fine print, you are consenting to this. It's why almost every new car comes with some On-Star-like assistance system. It's there more for them than it is for you.

·
Registered
2016 Spider
56 Posts
At least my leased one did not have such a thing in the terms as far as I remember and yes I am the original owner.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car was not leased, one private owner for 5 years after it was the UK press car. I'm thinking Alfa installed it to keep a check on the cars whereabouts

The manufacturer do trackers that report on driver behaviour as well as GPS location. Maybe Alfa were policing Clarkson @ co - by the way his Ipod is still registered on the Parrot!

Sorry but I don't want to reveal its location

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Car was not leased, one private owner for 5 years after it was the UK press car. I'm thinking Alfa installed it to keep a check on the cars whereabouts

The manufacturer do trackers that report on driver behaviour as well as GPS location. Maybe Alfa were policing Clarkson @ co - by the way his Ipod is still registered on the Parrot!

Sorry but I don't want to reveal its location
When did Clarksons marriage fail? (maybe his wife installed it? )

He now has a girlfriend and a farm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts