Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to put a permanent tracking number on my car.
Found this nice white triangle Quadrifoglio style that says “4C” but I think it looks enough like “40”.
If not then at the track I’ll just put a little piece of black tape over the C to make it a 0.

Ordered two sizes but only plan on putting one on the car.
Just temporarily taped the stickers on to have a look.
Wondering which you like better?
I am leaning towards the smaller one on the front quarter panel. I think it’s big enough for most tracks.
But the larger one on the rear quarter panel looks good too and I could put it up a little higher.

And where do I put my turbocharger warning sticker?

·
Super Moderator
13,299 Posts
They look great! Where did you get them?
I can see why you like the small ones, but fear they may be too small. I do like the big one positioned on the hip, too. Very clever placement.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They look great! Where did you get them?
I can see why you like the small ones, but fear they may be too small. I do like the big one positioned on the hip, too. Very clever placement.

Thanks. The small one does look to be big enough and if the track wants a bigger one, well Im back to using blue tape again!!

Got them from a shop here in US but he says he ships international. He can make them any size you want. I had mine custom-made. And you can put any number on there too.

http://www.studioscuzimi.com/styled-43/rapidcart-9/

Turbocharger sticker I got on Amazon

·
Super Moderator
3,300 Posts
I like the middle of the door which I suspect tracks will favor also. There is a minimum size for the numbers too....don't have the rules handy. We also have to place the class we run in next to the number. If you go to my Garage here on the Forum you can see how I do my numbers for autocrossing. Here in Michigan the numbers are assigned to those that compete through the season and usually the first 150 numbers are already reserved with the remaining first come first served...your number may already be taken.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I like the middle of the door which I suspect tracks will favor also. There is a minimum size for the numbers too....don't have the rules handy. We also have to place the class we run in next to the number. If you go to my Garage here on the Forum you can see how I do my numbers for autocrossing. Here in Michigan the numbers are assigned to those that compete through the season and usually the first 150 numbers are already reserved with the remaining first come first served...your number may already be taken.

Good points. I don’t autocross much and at my local clubs that number is open and they don’t require the class put on. At the big autocross I went to in Helena Montana they did require the class and number. If I go to big ones again I’ll just use tape. I don’t even know what autocross class I’m in and it seems to change if I go to different places.

My two local tracking racetracks don’t require numbers for track days.
The three tracks and events I went to in AZ, NV and CA only the Spring Mountain NV track required numbers. I think the small number would’ve been good enough. When I was there I used the number 40 removable sticker which I carried with me.

So the point is I live in a smaller area that’s not that populated at the tracks so I think my number 40 with the small sticker would work for at least 75-85% of the places I go to. It’s good enough for me. Blue tape will work for the rest of the places. But I’m leaning towards the larger sticker on the rear quarter panel but just up about an inch higher than the photo shows.

But I’m putting this out right now!!
Number 40 belongs to me!
Be great to see another 4C at the track with me, but if it has a number 40 on it.......well that sticker might just fall off!

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would put the tracking number right above the rear air vent lower down than what you have by the rear wheel fender (form over function).
Oh, and the Turbo charger warning cracks me up... Put it on the passenger doorwell like a manufacturer's warning, better yet smack on the seat and get a kick of seeing your passengers squint to read the fine print...

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,948 Posts
Mine’s going on the door as in your third photo, Tom. Are you guys required to have a blue triangle to indicate battery location like us?

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
samer badaro said:
I would put the tracking number right above the rear air vent lower down than what you have by the rear wheel fender (form over function).
Oh, and the Turbo charger warning cracks me up... Put it on the passenger doorwell like a manufacturer's warning, better yet smack on the seat and get a kick of seeing your passengers squint to read the fine print...

Here’s another photo closer to what you were saying but I see what you mean. I think even lower than in this photo might be nice. But way up high on the quarter panel might be good too.

Also here is one logo on the door that I really don’t like

It’s funny you have to put them on the car and take a picture then look at the photo to really see it.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine’s going on the door as in your third photo, Tom. Are you guys required to have a blue triangle to indicate battery location like us?

When I used an oval sticker last year it was a lot easier to locate it. Right on the upper door was good. This triangle is more challenging.

No I’ve never seen or heard of a blue triangle sticker for the battery. Some places like a sticker showing where the towing attachment is but nothing about a battery that I’ve heard. Maybe full on racing is different but I’ve never seen that sticker.
Sounds like a good idea. Especially considering people are using lithium batteries more and more.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I like the placement on the rear wing, although i would radius off the sharp corners of the triangle. This would help stop them becoming unstuck and would more aesthetically pleasing
(to my eye). I do like the turbo sticker :grin2:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Al-

I have always liked right above carbon fiber cooling duct on the side. I used the gap as the alignment point and put the letters only about a 1/2" above the gap. So based on your picture, I'd move it down. Most of my tracks require 10" numbers, so they can get quite large for our cars...

Here is one version I used...

I now have permanent numbers with my HPDE which requires 3 digits, so they don't fit there anymore at that location. I now use larger side ovals. I'm lazy so I leave them on all of the time.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DrPyro2k; said:
Al-
I'm lazy so I leave them on all of the time.

Ah you know you leave them on because of the attention you get while street driving!

Wow so it’s 10 inch sized numbers and 3 digits long.
Well they say things are big in Texas!
Makes it tough for an aesthetically pleasing sticker though.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
samer badaro said:

Wanta go for a ride?
But I have rules!

·
Super Moderator
13,299 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
It seems the website for those track decals is not working?
www.studioscuzimi(dot)com

Anyone knows if the website address has changed or has the file to share so anyone can print out?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts