Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week after 5 mins driving out of car park the transmission fault came up and the car die within 500 meter. It wouldn't go into gear and the pump wouldn't activate when i open the door.
Had the car towed back home and scan the code using Multiscan, and it seems P294D-18 is the main problem
Rectangle Purple Font Parallel Circle

After some research here and asking Alfaworks to confirm the problem, i was able to fix the problem by replacing the Voltage regulator.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

It only took 4 days to get the parts from Alfaworks (amazingly quick as usual).
I just plug in the new unit to test if I could get it into gear, and as soon as I turn the key the on I could hear the pump started working again. If you are like me experiencing the same problem this could be the easiest way to narrow down the root cause.

Now i have to find a way to take the old unit off without removing the quarter panel or wheel well...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Can you let me know how you did it? It was impossible for me to place a ratchet
You know what - I can't remember how, but I do know that I "hurt" for 2 weeks due to contortion. Not recommended.

For my next trick, I'm replacing the intercooler.... o_O

• Haha
Reactions: Alipapa

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did mine a couple of weeks ago. It's a bit tricky to get to the two rear fastners but it can be done. I managed by cracking the fastners loose with a 10mm spanner then used a 1/4" drive deep socket and knuckle to unwind by hand.
I plan to keep another voltage regulator in the car as a spare as this seems to be a weak point that can leave you stranded at anytime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts