Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
Awesome to see the 4C getting some mainstream exposure. Car is brand new so he isn’t in dynamic mode and isn’t really pushing it. Car looks gorgeous and sounds great.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Wish they'd sent the car along with someone that had the proper passion - explain the titanium dual mode exhaust, floor mounted pedals, first in industry dyed carbon fiber, ect.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,185 Posts
I can't believe Larry was sent by ALFA as a top boss/representative of the brand. He doesn't know the details....he didn't describe what makes this version special...and about as much Italian spirit as a rock. Frankly as a promoter of the brand he sucked....Jay should have had a real 4C owner on his show to interview. This guy acted like he wanted to get this over so he could make his golf date.

It isn't just me.....read all the comments at the Youtube video. Sheesh.....with this much enthusiasm....I think they picked the guy for selling SUVs but......

I thought when Jay jumped in the car and took off without Larry it showed what he thought...."Lets get rid of this guy and go have some fun." How many times did Jay mention the strong power and not being able to use it all until the break in miles are finished. If Larry was there he should have been able to point out various features and give Jay some more material to tak about....but judging from his knowledge (or lack of) I doubt if that would have happened.

How many times does ALFA have to shoot theirselves in the foot? Missed another golden opportunity.......
The good part is that when reading all the comments....they were very favorable to the car.

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
Wish they'd sent the car along with someone that had the proper passion - explain the titanium dual mode exhaust, floor mounted pedals, first in industry dyed carbon fiber, ect.
100% agree. I was only a phone call away 😂😂😂

·
Registered
837 Posts
I can't believe Larry was sent by ALFA as a top boss/representative of the brand. He doesn't know the details....he didn't describe what makes this version special...and about as much Italian spirit as a rock. Frankly as a promoter of the brand he sucked....Jay should have had a real 4C owner on his show to interview. This guy acted like he wanted to get this over so he could make his golf date.

It isn't just me.....read all the comments at the Youtube video. Sheesh.....with this much enthusiasm....I think they picked the guy for selling SUVs but......

I thought when Jay jumped in the car and took off without Larry it showed what he thought...."Lets get rid of this guy and go have some fun." How many times did Jay mention the strong power and not being able to use it all until the break in miles are finished. If Larry was there he should have been able to point out various features and give Jay some more material to tak about....but judging from his knowledge (or lack of) I doubt if that would have happened.

How many times does ALFA have to shoot theirselves in the foot? Missed another golden opportunity.......
The good part is that when reading all the comments....they were very favorable to the car.
Seriously, he was lame as HELL. Looks like he was a Buick representative. They should have invited a guy like this:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Larry wasn't a car salesman ever was he? May be a good exec, but sales guy not so much.

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Back to the video:

I do like that Leno is so folksy, awe shucks, and somewhat forgetful. I also like how he just gives you his opinion, some dubious facts, and enjoys different things about different cars.

Unfortunately, the YouTube content these days is random people that have obviously read and watched other reviews and then parrot whatever they've already seen or read.

What was said about what's his name (whose presence was so boring and lacking presence I seem to have forgotten his name) is completely spot on. Why even bother showing up when it's obvious you don't want to be there?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Back to the video:

I do like that Leno is so folksy, awe shucks, and somewhat forgetful. I also like how he just gives you his opinion, some dubious facts, and enjoys different things about different cars.

Unfortunately, the YouTube content these days is random people that have obviously read and watched other reviews and then parrot whatever they've already seen or read.

What was said about what's his name (whose presence was so boring and lacking presence I seem to have forgotten his name) is completely spot on. Why even bother showing up when it's obvious you don't want to be there?
There were people in that video??? All I saw was a 4C #33/33 driving through LA.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
100% agree. I was only a phone call away 😂😂😂
Jokes aside, I think it would be awesome to do a miniseries of like 6 x 30 mins episodes, hosted by you.

It could be called "The 4C chronicles" or whatever. There could be an episode going in detail into the technical nuts and bolts, one about track / autocross, etc. I think it would be an awesome legacy for the car.

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
There were people in that video??? All I saw was a 4C #33/33 driving through LA.
That’s #16 by vin. I think they just said #33 for the video.

Reactions: lpspeedster

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
Jokes aside, I think it would be awesome to do a miniseries of like 6 x 30 mins episodes, hosted by you.

It could be called "The 4C chronicles" or whatever. There could be an episode going in detail into the technical nuts and bolts, one about track / autocross, etc. I think it would be an awesome legacy for the car.
That would be awesome. Fun to think about. It would be a really cool legacy for the car. I feel like you could get a lot of good owner content for various episodes. If only time were an infinite resource.

Reactions: lpspeedster

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Mr. Whatever His Name Is from Alfa Romeo North America has some type of backstory. Now I am off to find out what it is. I love exposing clowns.

Remember kids, it's not qualifications that get you the big jobs (except for me, of course!)

🤣 🤣

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ok that guy was absolutely horrible!! OMG!! I can't even stand to watch, he's that bad. And the best is... "I think it's a composite"???? And "Does it come with a manual"? "Uh no Jay, unfortunately it does not. Hehe". Wow!!!

Let's promote the brand for one of our halo cars by sending someone that knows nothing about the car and is as exciteable as a corpse. Mama Mia!

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
Mr. Whatever His Name Is from Alfa Romeo North America has some type of backstory. Now I am off to find out what it is. I love exposing clowns.

Remember kids, it's not qualifications that get you the big jobs (except for me, of course!)

🤣 🤣

PSA guy who got the Alfa NA gig post merger. Not surprising he knows nothing about the car since was given his role months after the car ceased production

He’s famous for this quote lambasting the dealer model:
“To this day we’re still building huge dealerships costing tens of millions of dollars exacerbating the very fixed cost absorption model existing today at a time when our research tells us consumers are looking for a simpler, more efficient process, our retail structure defaults to spending money on fountains and Taj Mahals—a good example of disconnect or lack of reality if you ask me,”

1 - 20 of 129 Posts