Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
You’re pretty sure? My info comes from both corporate and the factory. How do you think I know so much about these cars? Coincidence?

You have contacts there I assume to make such an ill informed asinine statement, no?
Dear John, now that you have confirmation from both corporate and factory, wouldn't this the right moment to share the information with us?

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
Dear John, now that you have confirmation from both corporate and factory, wouldn't this the right moment to share the information with us?
I didn’t say I had confirmation of anything from anyone. 🙄

I can say that between build series subtle configuration changes were made. That really shouldn’t shock anyone and I am comfortable saying that definitely. No I am not going to confirm anything to anyone 😉

It is my understanding, both anecdotal and otherwise, that the 300 series cars tend to be a little quicker. I have no idea how objectively material that may or may not be. I intend to test this (as I have done on all my 4Cs to date) but haven’t really had time to do it.

North American cars are also different than EU cars so I can’t say that any of this applies to you in Europe. I don’t think there were 300 series cars there. The 300s started after EU production had ceased.

Reactions: Z00L

·
Registered
85 Posts

I can say that between build series subtle configuration changes were made. That really shouldn’t shock anyone and I am comfortable saying that definitely. No I am not going to confirm anything to anyone 😉

It is my understanding, both anecdotal and otherwise, that the 300 series cars tend to be a little quicker. I have no idea how objectively material that may or may not be. I intend to test this (as I have done on all my 4Cs to date) but haven’t really had time to do it.

North American cars are also different than EU cars so I can’t say that any of this applies to you in Europe. I don’t think there were 300 series cars there. The 300s started after EU production had ceased.
Hi John, thank you for your answer. I did not intend to imply anything with my reply, I'm sorry if I gave you that impression. Please, do help me better understand: what did you mean by "my info comes from both corporate and the factory"?

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
John has owned more 4Cs than I have seen in the wild.
Don’t slut shame me 😂🤣😂 (I know I’m a slut)

Tomorrow I go for the madre benedetta 4C. I appreciate you keeping our safe passage in your prayers 🙏🏻

·
Administrator
16,974 Posts
Um chirping tires depends as much or more on the tires and asphalt condition as it does any rumoured "enhancement" to the car.
FWIW, my 2015 LE could chirp the useless P-zero tires easily into second gear on the race track when tires and pavement were cold. That was in Natural mode, when I was just having fun (we were doing some "exercises" at an HPDE day). I wouldn't be overly surprised that it could be done with some aggressive driving shifting into 3rd, under similar conditions.

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
Hi John, thank you for your answer. I did not intend to imply anything with my reply, I'm sorry if I gave you that impression. Please, do help me better understand: what did you mean by "my info comes from both corporate and the factory"?
I’ve made lots of friends over the years. I’m a friendly guy.

Reactions: HeavyFoot

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
The 4C is hand built and I’ve only very limited experience with a short drive in another very lovely, well-modified one. What I do know is having flown supposedly identical hand-built aircraft, each one felt different. VH-NXY, OXY, SXY, DXY, LXY and MXZ are/were all Robin 2160’s and they all felt a little different. I loved MXZ for aero comps and did well when flying it. Slight build differences due to tolerances and the way they were trimmed (ailerons, elevator and rudder) made them feel different…much like the wheel alignment of a car. I’d imagine every 4C feels slightly different simply because of the hand built nature of it, the different alignments and tyres….not necessarily because of different build years. That being said, a later production run of Robins in NZ, called Alphas by the way, resulted in aircraft that were 100kg heavier and you could feel every one of those kg. Hated them.
And about the Pirellis. The original set seemed worse than the second set I bought. Once warm, for road driving they are a very adequate tyre for having fun on. No, they don’t feel all that secure when pressing on but that’s the fun of them. I’m presently running around on my Hankooks as I want to replace them shortly. They make the car feel much tighter. They simply grip. They instil more confidence but they’re less fun on the road. Crude too. Rougher ride and much noisier….Must be getting old; me, as well as the tyres.

·
Registered
235 Posts

So then how was my question so "asinine?"
I didnt mean to ruffle any feathers, I thought I was making a legitimate point and a legitimate question.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ive owned a bunch of really cool cars too and Im not denying SUBTLE differences, but not night and day differences.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I didnt think that guy was THAT bad, hes just a bit matter of fact.
Jay chirps the tires in 2 gears in "Normal" mode?
Im not sure I chirp in 2 gears in "Race" mode and my first tank full lasted 170 miles.
:)
I thought he was 'that' bad, actually. Jay had to speak for him, he had limited knowledge, no passion, and wait for it, Jay left him, literally, on the side of the road. I'm sure it has happened before, but I don't immediately remember Jay not taking the guest on the ride. But if its going to be like being alone...why bother? I guess besides that, in all fairness, Larry knew a manual stick was not available. Kudos.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I thought he was 'that' bad, actually. Jay had to speak for him, he had limited knowledge, no passion, and wait for it, Jay left him, literally, on the side of the road. I'm sure it has happened before, but I don't immediately remember Jay not taking the guest on the ride. But if its going to be like being alone...why bother? I guess besides that, in all fairness, Larry knew a manual stick was not available. Kudos.
Ha, he left him in the garage...:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
ATTENTION - PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Just to be clear, the car in this video is not #33. It is #16 of 33. It would still say 33 twice on that plaque so it is entirely possible Jay saw that and said this is 33 and Larry didn't correct him, or they just said that for the purposes of entertainment. You cannot clearly make out the plaque in the video but you do see the vin when Jay investigates the red "lacquer" CF.

The car featured in the video is VIN # ZARBAAB41LM362515 See below for screen captures from the 5:15 timestamp of the video...

View attachment 119792
View attachment 119793

That is the car delivered to Alfa Romeo Santa Monica and is #16/33. Fortunately, it is still listed, along with the vin and a clear shot of the plaque, so we can show with certainty that this is not car #33/33.

View attachment 119794
View attachment 119795
View attachment 119796

Note the vin both pictured and on the top of the website (in the black bar) showing that this is car with vin # ZARBAAB41LM362515. This is car #16/33, NOT CAR #33/33.

I feel it is important to clear this up definitively now, so that the provenance of car #33/33 is never doubted or called into question. I have the delivery information for that car and will share it at an appropriate time.
F1765BB6-C627-41C1-A36B-E0F2D4254F79.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
Reactions: MOWOG1961

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hmmmm, I dont think its from the Leno video. I could swear I saw the number plate in the video and it wasn't 33.
Maybe Dino just happened upon it at the dealer?

81 - 100 of 129 Posts