Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
UK car journos in particular always seem fixated on top speed as if it makes any difference to anyone. Ironically they also seemed the most critical of 4C’s tram lining on their backroads- I guess it wouldn’t be an issue if the top speed was 200mph /s…

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,185 Posts
UK car journos in particular always seem fixated on top speed as if it makes any difference to anyone. Ironically they also seemed the most critical of 4C’s tram lining on their backroads- I guess it wouldn’t be an issue if the top speed was 200mph /s…
It always amused me that Lotus's also trammed a bit from example to example but the Brits saw that as Lotus "character". The early Porsche 911s also trammed and brand new cars such as the Mustang GT 350 also are trammers. Stiff side wall tires on stretched low profile tires tend to do that. More flexible tire sidewalls act as buffers to tramming. When you drive on B roads you tend to have more pavement quality changes and road camber all over the place. In those situations you might be better off with a Land Rover or Jeep 😖 With proper alignment and better tires any 4C tramming can be corrected. I have no issue with it on mine.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It always amused me that Lotus's also trammed a bit from example to example but the Brits saw that as Lotus "character". The early Porsche 911s also trammed and brand new cars such as the Mustang GT 350 also are trammers. Stiff side wall tires on stretched low profile tires tend to do that. More flexible tire sidewalls act as buffers to tramming. When you drive on B roads you tend to have more pavement quality changes and road camber all over the place. In those situations you might be better off with a Land Rover or Jeep 😖 With proper alignment and better tires any 4C tramming can be corrected. I have no issue with it on mine.
I agree, in addition to tires and such things as alignment driver ability comes into play. If you want self driving cars, buy a Bimmer or such.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had a 2005 Elise with the LSS suspension. That trammed more than anything and was way over damped.
First thing I did was put Eibachs on it and it was fine.
My 4c is steady at high speeds so no complaints here.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts