Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Here it is: my first thread ever :smile2:. Don't know where to put it though :wink2:.

Wandering on eBay I found this australian vendor with two types of Tubi Style exhausts, sides and center.
(for some reason links don't seem to work here, but search them on ebay with location 'worldwide')

Searched Google images and came along Tubi's facebook site, so they seem to be there!!!
https://www.facebook.com/tubistyle/posts/10156365847956477

Me very happy >:), as I want a valved exhaust since I use mine daily (and have migraine in stressfull times :crying:).
Any idea whether this would work together with more powerful options like race ecus and twin scroll turbos?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks good but is expensive. Doesn't say whether it comes with new mesh sections to incorporate into the rear valance.

Also if this product ships from the factory in Italy then there must be another way of buying it rather than via Australia. Good news for EU customers is no additional tax, but it's still too expensive for me to consider over the Stradale centre exhaust option.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Contact Tubi Style in Modena or via FB direct if very interested. They, like other shops there, are loose when it comes to exactly how they distribute.

9/10 times, Tubi wins in my ear on so many different applications, and I would think they'd never let anyone down with an exhaust for such an important car built in their neighborhood (literally), and with a staff of people who've worked at Maserati, Ferrari, etc.

Tubi exhaust products are probably the only thing you can add to a Ferrari and not hurt (and probably boost) its value.

·
Super Moderator
15,653 Posts
Great information!
I moved your thread to the Engine and Technical section as I assume people looking for exhausts would gravitate to there.

Thanks for sharing this.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Contact Tubi Style in Modena or via FB direct if very interested.
Already did that :wink2:

Great information!
I moved your thread to the Engine and Technical section as I assume people looking for exhausts would gravitate to there.
Thanks 4Canada. Didn't know how to do. Had to search for 'new thread' as well. This is my first ever started thread on any forum :blush:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Already did that :wink2:

Thanks 4Canada. Didn't know how to do. Had to search for 'new thread' as well. This is my first ever started thread on any forum :blush:
I have a TUBI on my 360. It does sound great. It's been a pain in the ass as far as build goes. The first three visits to the track. The welds on the brackets broke. The literally cracked off the muffler housing. Not to mention they are ridiculously heavy. But did I mention they do sound good? lol

·
Registered
673 Posts
Contact Tubi Style in Modena or via FB direct if very interested. They, like other shops there, are loose when it comes to exactly how they distribute.

9/10 times, Tubi wins in my ear on so many different applications, and I would think they'd never let anyone down with an exhaust for such an important car built in their neighborhood (literally), and with a staff of people who've worked at Maserati, Ferrari, etc.

Tubi exhaust products are probably the only thing you can add to a Ferrari and not hurt (and probably boost) its value.
This used to be the case. It seems as though Capristo and Kreissieg have been eating Tubi's lunch for the last decade or so.

·
Registered
366 Posts
This used to be the case. It seems as though Capristo and Kreissieg have been eating Tubi's lunch for the last decade or so.
FWIW, we've got multiple Capristo 4C system installs on customer cars. Zero problems with welds on them to date, 2+ years of miles and city street driving. thanks.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For those interested, I got a message from Tubi Style:
"Ciao, our kit includes the full exhaust, the connecting pipe from the rear exhaust to the kat, the bumper grids, and the exhaust control unit with electric by-pass valve. 2,300 euro retail pricelist ex vat without shipment"

·
Registered
99 Posts
Adding to the comment from Alfa 9. I have a Capristo system, on for over 2 years now and it has been flawless. It is a Valved System that is programmable . The quality is second to none. I really wanted to just 'Hang It" on the wall, as this system is "Automotive Art". BTW my cousin has two Ferrari's and has a Capristo system on both, one for over 5 years, zero issues.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Adding to the comment from Alfa 9. I have a Capristo system, on for over 2 years now and it has been flawless. It is a Valved System that is programmable . The quality is second to none. I really wanted to just 'Hang It" on the wall, as this system is "Automotive Art". BTW my cousin has two Ferrari's and has a Capristo system on both, one for over 5 years, zero issues.

Is the Capristo on the 4C?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks. I'm debating one if I swallow the shipping charges to UK, but I'm now all confused as some say it has a drone whilst others say it doesn't?

Jamie's option would play it safe but the centre twin pipes looks the business

·
Registered
99 Posts
Zero Drone on my 4C coupe with the Capristo, regardless of which 'Mode" it is in. My coupe had a Big Time Drone with the stock "Race" exhaust" and was the major reason for the Capristo system.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Damn... I think the three-outlet center arrangement from Tubi is the first real mod I want to do... if the sound matches my imagination.

If it's valved, I'd removed all the valve control crap and install it with valves locked open.

Curse you for posting this, @CJeazy -- I will obsessed now.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Well, I am already inquiring w/ Tubi about a sound file for the three-outlet arrangement, and chance to have one built free of any controls/electrics.

About 3,500€ valved in Europe. Would be over 4100 USD in USA, valved.

Would think no controls/valves would contain costs a bit. I don't want them anyway.

·
Super Moderator
7,839 Posts
Well, I am already inquiring w/ Tubi about a sound file for the three-outlet arrangement, and chance to have one built free of any controls/electrics.

About 3,500€ valved in Europe. Would be over 4100 USD in USA, valved.

Would think no controls/valves would contain costs a bit. I don't want them anyway.

Hope it happens. Looking forward to hearing it without the valves. Did they give you any idea when they’ll post the sound file?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Well, Italy will be working soon, and I'll let you know.

Tubi has been responsive in the past, so we'll see.

Seems I'm chatting more with you folks Down Under, because I am currently in India, so we've got more overlap with time zones currently. :)

1 - 20 of 125 Posts