Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
They did share this tiktok with me. Fausto Lettieri on TikTok Not sure why its on tik tok and why they can't just do a proper video. This is with the standard cat and the valves closed, to me it sounds like the most refined exhaust for the car. My biggest issue with all the others have been that they sound terrible, they're just loud which doesn't = good but a lot of people seem to think that, hence pops and bangs eventhough they sound like the car is broken.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Im only interested in their exhaust for now, even from the poor video from Tiktok it does sound very refined during those few seconds of recording.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Post #37 of this thread has YouTube videos of the tri tip center exit and quad tip side exit variants. Are those the same as the Tictok videos you are referring to?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Definitely don't disagree there, but I think you would very likely expect that as a minimum if the price is 85% higher
You could also expect that from an exhaust made by a reknown company, also itself also twice the price of e.g. a Quicksilver valved one.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You could also expect that from an exhaust made by a reknown company, also itself also twice the price of e.g. a Quicksilver valved one.
To be fair the Quicksilver exhaust is fairly simple. The valve control is Bluetooth enabled with a simple open/closed setting toggled within the Quicksilver app your phone. That doesn't make it better or worse; it's just an observation. The Tubi control is more complicated with more sophisticated control of the valves (see post #41) and more complicated tubing (i.e. more materials). That of course translates to more cost. Again, more complex doesn't make it better, but judging by the sound in the Tiktoc video it sounds quite impressive. I had a back and forth exchange with Tubi a while back and the guy said the 3 pipe center exhaust is a bit more raw and raspy than the twin side variant since the open valved 3 pipe is essentially as straight pipe.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It would be nice if the guy in the Tictok video would do it valves closed, then open, so we could hear the difference. Ideally they would also have a 2nd 4C with the stock Race exhaust and a 3rd with the stock muffler. Better yet a 4th with the Akrapovic exhaust. Getting a line up like that is unlikely but it would make it really easy to compare them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
So Matt quoted me a price of $3,662 plus shipping for the TUBI 3-port center exhaust, which I think is fair, although, yes on the high side compared to the QS/Helmholtz version. It's a little over twice the cost of the Quicksilver valved one, but on the other hand it's half the cost of the Capristo...so right in the middle. So the question that needs to be answered is is the additional cost of the TUBI worth it compared to the QS one? My hunch is "yes" especially if you love the center exhaust (as I do), but I just don't know without hearing both...
Matt's price is only a little bit higher than importing it directly from Europe to the US, but you also get the confidence of buying from a US based vendor who is an Alfisti and active on the forum.

·
Registered
243 Posts
They did share this tiktok with me. Fausto Lettieri on TikTok Not sure why its on tik tok and why they can't just do a proper video. This is with the standard cat and the valves closed, to me it sounds like the most refined exhaust for the car. My biggest issue with all the others have been that they sound terrible, they're just loud which doesn't = good but a lot of people seem to think that, hence pops and bangs eventhough they sound like the car is broken.
Would you please ask them to do a video that compares the sound when the valves are closed vs open? It would be awesome if they would then do the same for the 3 tip center exit variant. Better yet, it would be really easy to hear the difference if the recording for both variants (center vs side exit) in both positions (open & closed) is all done in the same video.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Aesthetically I’m not a fan of quick silver, it’s muffler is only on one side and doesn’t look asymmetrical behind the mesh. Furthermore when the valve is closed there’s exhaust gas only coming from one side which I find odd.

Just my personal observations.

·
Registered
669 Posts

Or contact Vince at @@ARI Performance ; for his 4c downpipe .laser cut welds gives the tru 3* flow much better then that one above by tubi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
When looking at the pictures and the valve location, it looks like the air flows through all 3 pipes when the valve is open. Given the location of the central pipe, I expect most of the air to go through it when the valve is open, but I wonder if some air passing through the muffler makes the sound with the valve open more complex (i.e. interesting) than the Centerline Corsa. The original Alfaworks exhaust by Quicksilver with the Hemholtz resonator not only had the resonator but also asymmetric pipe diameters to make the note of the exhaust more complex. When looking at the Tubi 3 pipe exhaust, the pipes coming out of the muffler look to be smaller diameter than the central one; I wonder if that has a similar effect. It's too bad we don't seem to have anyone on this forum with the Tubi exhaust!

·
Registered
243 Posts
FYI I've been messaging with Fausto Lettieri (founder of Tubistyle) and he told me the 4 pipe version has a "deeper sound" and the 3 pipe sounds more "metallic". I'll presume that means raspy??? He said he likes the 4 pipe sound more... and that aesthetically the 4 pipe version widens the appearance of the car so it looks more balanced. Somebody else with Tubistyle told me last year that the 4 pipe sounds more refined and the 3 pipe sounds more raw. That seems to be in line with Fausto's comments and correlates with the general agreement that the side exit non-resonated Magnaflow exhaust is not as raw as the center exit Magnaflow Corsa exhaust. Interesting.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I’ve started a thread detailing some “front, back and side” mods I’m doing with my 4C Spider which includes replacing my OE Race Exhaust with the Tubi Style 3-Pot Central Exhaust.

I should have it fitted in the next 2 weeks or so, and look forward to sharing my owner/driver observations shortly after that.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I’ve started a thread detailing some “front, back and side” mods I’m doing with my 4C Spider which includes replacing my OE Race Exhaust with the Tubi Style 3-Pot Central Exhaust.

I should have it fitted in the next 2 weeks or so, and look forward to sharing my owner/driver observations shortly after that.

Link please

Edit: nvmd. Found it

·
Registered
124 Posts
...I was hoping you could hang from the rear bumper capturing some audio...whilst screaming up the Putty, Jim

Looks like I’ll need to buy or arrange a Go Pro and attach...to get some real world Audio whilst in motion.

I picked the car up today later afternoon and drove home in Rush Hour and with Targa Top on...and my remote/fob slipped out my hand down between the seat & centre console (rookie error) in the first few minutes of my drive...so didn’t have a chance to ‘explore’ the sounds on my first run with it fitted and was driving in ‘Natural’.

Feedback/Posts as soon as I get a decent ‘burn’ to form some opinions to share.

Audio/Video Clip at idle demonstrating noticeable uplift in decibels with Valve “always” Open vs “always” Closed

61 - 80 of 110 Posts